User Tag List

Page 38 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.
    I do that quite often, daily even.

you pick up traits and mannerisms of people you have been around too long

you talk about the epiphanies you've had

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    - You have a natural connection with animals. You might occasionally feel that you more readily like animals than humans.

Or maybe it's just me...
    Not just you. When I was little the neighbourhood called me Dr. Doolittle. It's easy to talk to animals; you just copy what they do right back, gauge their reaction, and eventually build a basic vocabulary of their body language. Actually, it's just like interfacing with humans except simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    Haha u sound like a gambler!
    If I weren't so tight with my money, I might well be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post

Yes. (I made a long post about that in the chameleon thread.) And yes.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Does anyone else have this thing with how comfortable they feel with touching people? I get pretty uncomfortable with people I'm not familiar with, but the people I truly care for I sometimes practically smother...
    If I am holding hands, leaning on, or hugging someone often, that's almost a sure sign that they're really close to my heart....

Now that I think about it that is very true. The other day a friend noted that I'm really touchy-feely with everyone, which I really disagreed with and isn't actually true... it just so happens we were around only close friends!

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I've realized this more and more recently. I can bring out all my inner energies only around people that externalize their own; I can bring out my philosophical side only around people that are contemplative; etc. etc. It's really kind of annoying

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    - You have a natural connection with animals. You might occasionally feel that you more readily like animals than humans.

Or maybe it's just me...
    I've had a few rather aggressive dogs like me straight out; animals tend to feel comfortable around me. Don't really know why.

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I'm 21. And I agree, we're not perfect. But we have to be mature enough to admit what could come across as a negative trait, but really isn't in light of things.

My principles are what define me. If I don't back them up with action, then who am I?

Sure, I helped someone and thats fine and grand, but if I had to weigh what its really about, its about self preservation.

And because of it, there is a mutual benefit, so who cares if it was from the "heart" or not? Your principles and values come from the "heart", so that should be good enough.
    I don't think a lot of my friends understand this about me; sometimes it's not so much that I want to do something, but rather simply the fact that I said I'd do it. And I will stick with it until it is quite obvious that I have to change. My sister doesn't understand a lot of time why I'm so anal about being somewhere on time; if I said I'm going to be there for someone, then damn straight I'll be there exactly when I said I would be.
    Unfortunately, I've been in a few jams where I promised someone something, but I could go through with it because the situation was so complicated....that's a really horrible feeling...

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

You know you're INFJ when you get sudden bursts of extreme affection for someone or something, rather than a semi-constant stream

....and it usually occurs when they're not there, and you spam them with loving messages/emails/etc and they're like "what the hell...?"

MBTI
    INFJ

Cripe, this thread moves along...

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Yeah, whats up with that?
    I agree, what is that? The first impression people seem to have of me is one that is very sweet and innocent. I'm not. If they knew what was going on in my head they wouldn't think that. Friends also think they're corrupting me when I do or say something less than innocent.

"Originally Posted by Lotr246
    you talk about the epiphanies you've had"

I do this a lot with films and books, talking after watching the six hour BBC Pride and Prejudice can be interesting. It's also the reason I refuse to read books like Lord of the Flies and why it took me four months to read Crime and Punishment. I can't stand being in disturbed people's heads. I start to think like them a little. It's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    "Originally Posted by Lotr246
    you talk about the epiphanies you've had"

I do this a lot with films and books, talking after watching the six hour BBC Pride and Prejudice can be interesting. It's also the reason I refuse to read books like Lord of the Flies and why it took me four months to read Crime and Punishment. I can't stand being in disturbed people's heads. I start to think like them a little. It's scary.
    O my god... so true. I hate movies where the character goes insane and starts to question reality. I really start to freak out. The big "What If" factor plays into this

Senior Member Array LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Yes, and it wasn't a big deal if I immitated my parents growing up b/c they thought it was cute, but now....now I have to be careful. Is anyone else really great at impersonations (voice & mannerisms)? I pick it up so easily and sometimes subconsciously. Heck, I can already do an impersonation of my choir director and I've only had her for like 2 months! My friend who's been in her class for 1 yr is like, "Oh my gosh, how do you do that?!" Hahaha! I don't know what the director would do if she saw me.

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".
    Haha! Yep, my friends and I will be talking about something and that'll remind me of something else which will remind me of something else...and all of a sudden I'm like, "Dude, do you remember that one time when_______?" and they say, "Where the heck did that come from?"

Ugh! Yes, I hate that!

Does anyone else have this thing with how comfortable they feel with touching people? I get pretty uncomfortable with people I'm not familiar with, but the people I truly care for I sometimes practically smother...
    If I am holding hands, leaning on, or hugging someone often, that's almost a sure sign that they're really close to my heart....
    Yep! Some of my friends will think I'm stand offish and don't want people touching me and then randomnly I'll hug them or something and they just kind of flinch because it's unexpected and then stare at me with their head tilted to the side. Hehe! But yes, I consider it a threat when someone I barely know or do not like tries to touch me. I'm thinking, "Um...you piss me off. What makes you think I want to hug you?!"

You know you're INFJ when you get sudden bursts of extreme affection for someone or something, rather than a semi-constant stream

....and it usually occurs when they're not there, and you spam them with loving messages/emails/etc and they're like "what the hell...?"
    Oh, what a relief! It freaks me out so I try to be discreet about it. I thought there was something wrong with me! I'm actually experiencing it right now...and I don't even know why. Well, I know it's because I admire this person but yeah...

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    Haha! Yep, my friends and I will be talking about something and that'll remind me of something else which will remind me of something else...and all of a sudden I'm like, "Dude, do you remember that one time when_______?" and they say, "Where the heck did that come from?"
    an INTP thing too I think.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo