Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    Sure we're nice people, caring etc,

but then theres days when Im:

not courteous
    Only care about myself
    Ready to rip someones head off
    I want things to go totally my way today

I think we should talk about that because we all know the other stuff

I think I'm like this most of the time, except I don't want to rip someone's head off everyday. Maybe every other day.

The main criticism of those closest to me is that I'm too selfish. I'm not one to give of my (physical) time and energy to others. I feel I'm very generous and giving in other ways. I love to help others recognize their untapped potential and greatness, but it seems to be a meaningless attribute. Extreme martyrdom is a valued trait in women of my age.

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I get this deal where I'll get really stressed way too easy, and things go downhill from there. I'm a wonderful picture of the ideal INFJ....in a stress-free environment where I have all the time in the world and a dream to move towards.
    Otherwise, I can be overly shy in new situations; I can be very irritable to people I know well, which is really kind of bad because they notice I'm courteous to people I don't know well. I just feel more comfortable around my friends so they have to hear my wrath.
    Not to mention I can be selfish, unmotivated, spacey, unable to sort my priorities, etc. etc. And I'm not afraid to admit it: I can be a real bitch if you catch me at the wrong time.
    And then I can also be very self-absorbed because I want to understand myself better (or understand myself period)...and I get lost in that sometimes.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    -the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...

-you see connections between radically different things

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it
    particularly, yes.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I've always wanted to have an INFJ manning up session for the ones I know. I just wanted to rent some big six foot eight black dude, have them start a fight with the INFJ and then take a dive after messing up the INFJ a little to make it seem real.

Nah forget it, you guys will probably ask the guy if he is alright after you think you kicked his ass.
    Yeah, probably.

When I was little, my dad played checkers with me and arranged it for me to win. When I realized I'd beat him (so I thought), I refused to make the final moves because I couldn't bear to see him lose.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Yeah, probably.

When I was little, my dad played checkers with me and arranged it for me to win. When I realized I'd beat him (so I thought), I refused to make the final moves because I couldn't bear to see him lose.
    , I saw that they did that usually. I'd tell them to be extremely hard on me and then I'd keep trying, basically I was an obsessively competitive kid. Losing was not in my vocabulary (it still isn't but I tone it down)
    I remember playing video games with my brother and I'd just keep going. He'd ask me if I was tired of losing and I'd tell him to continue and eventually I always won. Being a sore-loser has gotten me far in competitions of any kind actually.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    , I saw that they did that usually. I'd tell them to be extremely hard on me and then I'd keep trying, basically I was an obsessively competitive kid. Losing was not in my vocabulary (it still isn't but I tone it down:ninja)
    I remember playing video games with my brother and I'd just keep going. He'd ask me if I was tired of losing and I'd tell him to continue and eventually I always won. Being a sore-loser has gotten me far in competitions of any kind actually.

Haha, sounds like me. But I'm not a terrible sore loser. Like I don't go off and pout and carry on. I might swear, look irritable, and then say, "Again." I do hate giving up, because I know I'll get it next time!
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

ByMySword

So I was talking to a friend of mine (Metamorphosis) and we were talking about the motivations of INFJs.

Earlier I pointed out that I notice (at least in myself) selfish motives for helping people and the like. It seemed I was the odd one out.

lol, now I think part of that maybe some of us don't like to delve that far into ourselves to find something that could be perceived as negative, but I've never thought of it as necessarily negative, and after I talked to my friend I was even more sure of it.

From what we could gather, INFJs are motivated by values moreso than actually caring about the individual.

So hypothetically, when helping someone we have no emotional connection to, its not because we really care about their welfare as much as it is we want to make sure that we are upholding the values of helping someone. The person we're helping gets helped, and we get the personal satisfaction of knowing we upheld our own values.

So this is what I was saying about selfish motivations. I didn't mean it as a bad thing, and I don't think its wrong to feel good about yourself for upholding your values.

Can anyone identify with this?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Haha, sounds like me. But I'm not a terrible sore loser. Like I don't go off and pout and carry on. I might swear, look irritable, and then say, "Again." I do hate giving up, because I know I'll get it next time!
    I'm not an "open sore loser", I seem to lose gracefully but you have no idea of the thousands of plans I'm coming up with to get back at people or win the next game...sometimes it embarrasses me.
    I think one thing with INFJs is that we're probably good at concealing our flaws?
    Maybe that's why people think we're angels.
    We're just polite...in general and most people don't care much for the rest if you're nice and polite to them.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Maybe that's why people think we're angels.
    Yeah, whats up with that?