Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I actually don't even notice I'm reading people. I didn't for the longest time; I knew that I understood them better than others, but I didn't notice how I read them until after I read the INFJ description and started taking note. After a while, it was almost obvious.
    And you know, it explains a lot of things; I react to people differently, depending on how they react to me. That's where the "different sides" of me comes into play; I don't do it on purpose >.> I just read people unconsciously and it affects how I respond to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I've always wanted to have an INFJ manning up session for the ones I know. I just wanted to rent some big six foot eight black dude, have them start a fight with the INFJ and then take a dive after messing up the INFJ a little to make it seem real.

Nah forget it, you guys will probably ask the guy if he is alright after you think you kicked his ass.
    Haha, I probably would When I was younger, I'd daydream about beating people up that needed it as a kind of righteous justice sort of thing, but I never actually hit anyone. I never found anyone who I hated enough to :B
    And I'd probably feel horrible afterwards, too....

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    Reading between the lines? Yes. What is actually said has less value to me than what is said. I just wish I didn't have to focus on it so much in my relationships with others. It turns me off those individuals because ultimately they seem fake.
    I do that and I am far from INFJ.

Another thing is reading into what details people include in their hypos that are more revealing than they realized or intended, e.g.: the color of a dong a mom walks in on, or of a guy sent in to teach an INFJ to man-up.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, but we all do it so I'm not that disgusted by dishonesty in itself,it's the reason the person is lying to me that might make "walk away".(I do that a lot, just walk away) Sometimes they're embarrassed, shy, or they don't trust me, I try to check my own behavior first and see if I'm not giving off a negative vibe because I'm usually "grumpy,aggressive,critical" in that order. However, sometimes they're just trying to take your money (happened to me when I tried to buy books for 12th grade) and think you're an idiot. >.>
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post

Another thing is reading into what details people include in their hypos that are more revealing than they realized or intended, e.g.: the color of a dong a mom walks in on, or of a guy sent in to teach an INFJ to man-up.
    Hehe, I don't mind hypos; for me, it depends on what mood and tone they're being told in. Intention is usually much more important to me than the actual words spoken or even some of the ideas behind the words; so if it's light-hearted and all in good fun, then that's fine in my book, even if it is a little bit etchy.

Senior Member Array Angry Ayrab's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP

Sometimes excersing our intuition too much even makes us sound like delusional crack whores standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge staring through the blinds prepared to flush...

Only sometimes...

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Sometimes excersing our intuition too much even makes us sound like delusional crack whores standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge staring through the blinds prepared to flush...

Only sometimes...
    What do you mean? (Intuition turned off). Give an example . . . from experience if you wish.
    As an aside, I learned today that crack whores go on long meth binges. Is meth cheaper than crack?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    ENFP

What do you mean? (Intuition turned off). Give an example, from experience if you wish.
    As an aside, I learned today that crack whores go on long meth binges. Is meth cheaper than crack?
    Well, they both work on the same receptor sites in the limbic system, it's just that Meth lasts for 6-8 hours for the same amount while crack lasts anywhere from 15-30 minutes only.

Lol, and I don't mean anything, I was joking that you took my jestful comments and hinted that there maybe something deeper about me mentioning the race of a person used to man someone one up. When I only meant it is a catch common slang phrase that I hear all the time in my part of town. Sure it could have been seen insensitive or could have had hidden meanings like me being racist or secretly gay for black men, but I assure you I was too shallow at the moment to show any signs of hidden connotation.

from me to you... I think I joke to ruff.

MBTI
    intp

Oh, you were calling me a delusional crack whore standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge.
    These delightful NFs.
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh you were calling me a delusional crack whore standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge.
    These delightful NFs.
    You guys need to learn how to use emoticons/smilies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh, you were calling me a delusional crack whore standing by a toilet after a two week meth binge.
    These delightful NFs.
    You NTs are way too serious