Page 34 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when...

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times

-you see connections between radically different things

-your wardrobe is all black, but your shoes are colorful

-you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival

-you wonder if you will ever see the one you are infatuated with again

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music Totally will once I move out

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does Usually thats just before and I dont recognize the feeling until it happens. Hindsight 20/20

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it
    Bold is true to a T or at least mostly. Italics are somewhat, and everything else isn't me as far as I can tell.

Sorry if I'm not contributing much to the thread. When I come up with something, though...
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it
    w00t! I'm an INFJ

MBTI
    INFP

-you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival, never been there but I come from a tiny country that no one knows of so it's the same feeling.

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating (ahem that one I'm not so sure of, I think there's much more to people.)

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it:1377:, actually...I don't know what I want, see what habitual people pleasing did to me?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    -you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival, never been there but I come from a tiny country that no one knows of so it's the same feeling.
    Andorra?
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

MBTI
    INFP

Don't try you're gonna hurt yourself , we're a bigger in size but we're really insignificant.

Glycerine

-you wonder if you will ever see the one you are infatuated with again- was like that for a long time.

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them-somewhat like that

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating -sometimes

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams-somewhat

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it-somewhat
    Most of these were true for me to a certain degree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Don't try you're gonna hurt yourself , we're a bigger in size but we're really insignificant.
    Canada! *ducks*

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Though reading this thread I wonder if I have any F at all. I cant read people in the slightest and the personality 'vibe' feels extremely watered down. Though.... I guess it might just be adolescence. Really the only thing I don't connect with is anything with acutely reading people. Practice Makes Perfect situation?

I gotta be an F though, being a T just sounds dry and horrible!
    I dunno. Supposedly INFJs are the most similar to Ts in thinking style of the NFs.

I think the reading people thing is a more unconscious process. For exmaple, when talking to someone, I'm aware that I'm trying to read between the lines of what they say and how they're saying it to find out what other things this person could be thinking (and thus unconsciously suggesting). Unfortunately, this is rather unhelpful, when I need to be focusing on what the person is actually saying. I know the main reason I look for these things is because I know that I end up suggesting related thoughts without really intending to while discussing a topic.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array Angry Ayrab's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP

I've always wanted to have an INFJ manning up session for the ones I know. I just wanted to rent some big six foot eight black dude, have them start a fight with the INFJ and then take a dive after messing up the INFJ a little to make it seem real.

Nah forget it, you guys will probably ask the guy if he is alright after you think you kicked his ass.

MBTI
    INFP

When people are talking I don't listen exactly to the words either or I just add them to the end of my equation.
    This goes from the clues most unlikely to be wrong to the most likely ones. Basically If someone seems to be dishonest I first take a good look at their posture afterwards their body language then tone followed by the "phrasing" of the words. These ones rarely lie in my opinion and they betray people very easily and finally I add the words a bit later. I sometimes stare a bit at people a bit too long during the process so end up looking either extremely slow or unfriendly.
    Usually it works but it's not infallible.
    Nah man, not canadian.(Haha this is fun, people will never find out )

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Reading between the lines? Yes. What is actually said has less value to me than what is said. I just wish I didn't have to focus on it so much in my relationships with others. It turns me off those individuals because ultimately they seem fake.