User Tag List

Page 33 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You're pretty sure something is a lost cause, but you have to try anyway for conscience sake.

(And the confidences . . . it's true and weird. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    For everything you choose to do, you can think of better reasons not to do it.

Sigh.

SIGH!

You sigh a lot at true things.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dan.yo33 View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you fill in sections of sentences with bizarre, emotive noises because you can't express what you want to say in words.

Then everyone laughs, but you were really trying to get something across!!
    Yes yes yes!

A slightly related story:
    An ENTP friend called me and said: "Sorry I'm late, but I had to go to the toilet because: 20 seconds of imitated sounds". It was weirdly hilarious, because it was an utterly unexpected reason, so politically incorrect way to tell it and also a sign of him adapting my communicative style (that is, using expressive sounds instead of words).

Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls
    and thats when I tell them I already have some but they dont have a soul

MBTI
    INFP

You know you're an infj when you always feel "elsewhere" or seem constantly lost in though and people think you're innocent or the devil incarnate. You can't be "normal" in their eyes, there is basically no middle ground on a "first impression".(Really it doesn't vary much until someone gets to know you "thoroughly".)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    Um. Fun sometimes. But his complete opposite-ness is confounding. Other times is like what planet did you come here from? Oh yea pluto. I love him to death tho.

And try and explain to your ENTJ policeman (sergeant) father why you dont want to do something he told you to do. It doesnt get very far and usually ends with me in tears and him yelling :steam:

I love jazz hands and I love touch. It just has this electricity to it that means so much to me . One of my friends used to touch your arm if he was talking at dinner and was saying something important. It really made the connection more powerful and caring. I wished all people (especially men) hugged eachother instead of handshakes. there wouldn't be as many problems in the world!
    My best friend is ESTP, and it definitely keeps things interesting. There are times where I don't know how to take him, but yeah.

My sister and I are planning on making a studio together. I'm the artist; she's the management. And let's just say that she takes that position seriously a lot of the time, if you know what I mean...
    And she hates when I talk about MBTI around her. She thinks I'm over-analyzing her, and it really pisses her off

I think the world would be better if everyone could touch each other in a compassionate rather than with hidden implications...
    There's too many people that touch in a way that says "I want git with ya." That's intimidating to me, I guess; when I trust someone beyond that, a warm affectionate touch is really nice~

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    You know you're an infj when you always feel "elsewhere" or seem constantly lost in though and people think you're innocent or the devil incarnate. You can't be "normal" in their eyes, there is basically no middle ground on a "first impression".(Really it doesn't vary much until someone gets to know you "thoroughly".)
    People either think I'm massively crazy or really quiet when they first meet me. And yeah, there's rarely much of a middle ground

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    People either think I'm massively crazy or really quiet when they first meet me. And yeah, there's rarely much of a middle ground
    +1 Hehe. Regardless, it always seems to come as a surprise when the alternate side of yourself presents.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Yes. And it gives me a thrill to completely ruin their image of me by presenting my "opposite." It's a good way to weed out who accepts you for you. I've lost "friends" because I went from appearing innocent and silly to saying something incredibly lewd/gross/morbid and suddenly becoming this unsavoury character to them. It's unfortunate. And it hurts. I've tried to learn from them and a) not present another side of myself so suddenly, b) not judge anyone because of something unexpected they do/say.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yes. And it gives me a thrill to completely ruin their image of me by presenting my "opposite." It's a good way to weed out who accepts you for you. I've lost "friends" because I went from appearing innocent and silly to saying something incredibly lewd/gross/morbid and suddenly becoming this unsavoury character to them. It's unfortunate. And it hurts. I've tried to learn from them and a) not present another side of myself so suddenly, b) not judge anyone because of something unexpected they do/say.
    Perfectly true for me, too! I have a HARD side (I can really chew people out and be completely detached from the situation), a gross side (I can talk about nearly anything comfortably.... just need to figure out what other people can handle.) and then the apparently cute/innocent side.

Though reading this thread I wonder if I have any F at all. I cant read people in the slightest and the personality 'vibe' feels extremely watered down. Though.... I guess it might just be adolescence. Really the only thing I don't connect with is anything with acutely reading people. Practice Makes Perfect situation?

I gotta be an F though, being a T just sounds dry and horrible!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

You know you're an INFJ when...

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times

-you see connections between radically different things

-your wardrobe is all black, but your shoes are colorful

-you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival

-you wonder if you will ever see the one you are infatuated with again

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it