User Tag List

Page 32 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    I think I saw percentages of Types and INFJ and INTJ were the rarest.

This is especially the case if you are a male INFJ or a female INTJ.

The cruel Irony? Im an INFJ, and my sister is an INTJ

Which brings me to a question: how is your (all of you) family divided up?
    I'm highly suspicious of "they're the rarest" comments in descriptions. Even if it is true, it seems very unhelpful to state it. There is no point to it regarding how your mind operates.

Anyway.

Estimated types:

Younger brother: ESTP
    Mother: ESFJ
    Father: IxTJ

I get on with my brother and mother well.

I can share ideas with my father, but I can't really discuss them. It always ends up with him trying to show how right he is--without much factual backup--rather than exploring the topic further.

On the other hand, I can discuss things with my brother, but when it comes to a debate, my debate/persuasion skills are rather poor compared to him (actually, I'm fairly sure he could talk "Sneakers O'Toole"* into taking his sneakers off ).

I feel like I can talk about anything with my mother, and if I have a problem, she's usually one of the people I go to first because I know she'll help me feel like I'm not crazy in regards to what I'm feeling. If I need help with solving the problem, I seek out my brother/someone objective.

I definitely have never been made to be the "odd one out" in my family (eventhough I have alienated myself and made myself think I am sometimes), and I think it's because my mother has done her best to create an environment where it's okay to be who you are and you are never going to be expected to be someone else. This doesn't mean there aren't moments of awkwardness, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy Wiki
    Sneakers O'Toole

A man who doesnt like to take his sneakers off. Two men approach him, yelling at him to take his sneakers off. He then jumps away, with the other man saying that they'll never catch him in the shoes they're wearing.

Regrettably Sneakers O'Toole escaped and has yet to be captured.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Glycerine

Father: ESFJ (very shallow relationship... get along for the most part but dismisses my ideas. It feels like I have to time how long we are going to talk.)
    Mother: INFP (get along very well well and hardly any problems)
    Bro 1: same as above
    Bro 2: ISTJ? (we get along fine but we tend to annoy each other)
    Sis: ENFP (We connect well)

Senior Member Array

Funny.. I was about to post my family's types anyways.
    I got some verification on this, mostly for the temperaments, when I showed MBTI stuff to them.
    Mom: ISTJ (ISxFJ ..possibly?)
    Dad: INTP
    Younger brother: ESTP

It's been a recognized fact that I'm more like dad and little bro is more like mom, it's been a pretty strong divede. Except that I never have wanted to be like my dad.

My father isn't a good referance point in this questionaire. He's highly immature and temperamental. We've always had a horrid relationship no matter what, and it has taken a bigger toll on me than him. We can get along as long as I neither opens their mouths. Otherwise I'mnot even going to start on the issue about me and him. He does seem to love me now that I don't live at home anymore. I used hear more about how he detested/disliked me.

Mom and me are on good terms. We don't really understand eachothers way of thinking and tend to annoy each other, but it's nothing major. If only she stopped second quessing everything an seeing things from my point of view more.. She keeps saying how I'm too sensitive and need to learn how to not listen to others and take them into account. She was a relaxed mom to me, since she knew me really well and is much more stern with litle bro for the same reason.She used to let me ditch class when ever I felt like it. (She seems like an ISxJ at times..) I can't really spend much time with her since she keeps making me feel like she's righ and I'm wrong (yes, she says that. My bro and dad make comments to her about that at times.), in everything and she tends to exhaust me, since I'm not that practical by nature. I hate to plan everything in advance which she does and tries to plant in me. ARGH...She has amazing guilting abilities. She'll make you feel guilty often by playing a martyr or etc.. But no big problems.

Little bro and I have always had a great relationship, eventhough we are complete opposites. He isn't interested in anything that I am and vice versa(I try to relate to his car/etc. interests when he drags me along and rambles with me. We watch fifth gear and other tv shows together). He can't fathom my interest to boring stuff. I'm like a second mom to him and haven't had any real trouble nor fights. We're both pretty well rounded and humorous.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

You know you're an INFJ when you fill in sections of sentences with bizarre, emotive noises because you can't express what you want to say in words.

Then everyone laughs, but you were really trying to get something across!!

^ haha yea i make up words and noises like that all the time. they seem more appropriate

Senior Member Array

^ "If you hear a *&%[&?!!]*, *me imitating noises* or *boom*, don't mind me, I just blew up the lab." &
    And in other things also.
    People laugh at me because I use my hands a lot while talking.

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Thunderlight: It sounds like fun to have a twin ESTP :B My twin is ENTJ, and since you have one of them in your family, you must be able to guess what that's like....although it's not too bad. Communication's a pain, though.

^^I use so many weird noises it's not even funny. I think it started with an intent to communicate, but now it's almost a force of habit to make some weird noises while talking. I also use a lot of body language (JAZZ HANDS!)

Does anyone else have this thing with how comfortable they feel with touching people? I get pretty uncomfortable with people I'm not familiar with, but the people I truly care for I sometimes practically smother...
    If I am holding hands, leaning on, or hugging someone often, that's almost a sure sign that they're really close to my heart....

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Mother-Joker-ESFP
    Dad-Mastermind-INTJ

Can make INFJ out of that

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Thunderlight: It sounds like fun to have a twin ESTP :B My twin is ENTJ, and since you have one of them in your family, you must be able to guess what that's like....although it's not too bad. Communication's a pain, though.

^^I use so many weird noises it's not even funny. I think it started with an intent to communicate, but now it's almost a force of habit to make some weird noises while talking. I also use a lot of body language (JAZZ HANDS!)

Does anyone else have this thing with how comfortable they feel with touching people? I get pretty uncomfortable with people I'm not familiar with, but the people I truly care for I sometimes practically smother...
    If I am holding hands, leaning on, or hugging someone often, that's almost a sure sign that they're really close to my heart....
    Um. Fun sometimes. But his complete opposite-ness is confounding. Other times is like what planet did you come here from? Oh yea pluto. I love him to death tho.

And try and explain to your ENTJ policeman (sergeant) father why you dont want to do something he told you to do. It doesnt get very far and usually ends with me in tears and him yelling :steam:

I love jazz hands and I love touch. It just has this electricity to it that means so much to me . One of my friends used to touch your arm if he was talking at dinner and was saying something important. It really made the connection more powerful and caring. I wished all people (especially men) hugged eachother instead of handshakes. there wouldn't be as many problems in the world!

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog