Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh yeah; it'd be like a dance party, only instead of dancing we'll talk politics
    J/k, but that we be pretty cool if there was a time where IRL there was a bunch of INFJs that just talked, in an organized manner, about our thoughts; I'm pretty sure we'd all walk away with a lot of deeper understanding

MBTI
    INFJ

I have the slowly backing way thing happen a lot, or the confused/disturbed stares. Although a lot of the time it isn't very philosophical, more along the lines of "Hey what if vampires...."

The comments on papers sound familiar too and I thought it was just me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Yeah, except that we are our own best therapists!
    Yeah...a support group is an oxymoron and you know you're an INFJ if you understand what I mean by that...
    edcoaching

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    I have the slowly backing way thing happen a lot, or the confused/disturbed stares. Although a lot of the time it isn't very philosophical, more along the lines of "Hey what if vampires...."

The comments on papers sound familiar too and I thought it was just me.
    HA oh yeah, that too. I know I have some good friends when we can make up totally weird/bizarre stories and laugh like it's the funniest thing in the world :B
    Everyone else just looks at you like they have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...

Oh man, those are good times.

Glycerine

These may be completely off-base but...

People think that they can see right through you, but in reality, many of their assumptions tend to miss the mark.

You think you have got yourself figured out but then some new piece of information makes re-assess and you're at square one again.

^ sounds right to me

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    These may be completely off-base but...

People think that they can see right through you, but in reality, many of their assumptions tend to miss the mark.

You think you have got yourself figured out but then some new piece of information makes re-assess and you're at square one again.
    Yep, basically we have trouble answering the question: "who am I?", I can relate.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Ugh I hate it when I have emotion overload. Its kind of like being around people so long just makes me stressed and angry and stuff. My usual outlets--being alone or going for a swim--dont exist over here so I had to settle for taking a nap and listening to music

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Yep, basically we have trouble answering the question: "who am I?", I can relate.
    Haha, I hate when you're in one of those settings where people throw out "tell us a little about yourself?" Ummm, total mind blank. Further to that I find it v. annoying when other people think what someone does for a living = who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    Ugh I hate it when I have emotion overload.
    ^Yeah, it feels like you have no skin on (no defenses) when it's like that.

Sniffles

The discussion concerning how INFJs write papers is totally on target with me. I'll spend considerable time trying to explain my thoughts, and other people will demand that I specify more because my thoughts are too "vague".

As Bythesword stated, we tend to dwell on the general picture rather than get into the details.

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Oh yes, this happens all the time with me. It's almost comical at times to hear the various assestments of my character given by others, especially when they seemingly contradict each other. I must be one hell of an interesting person.

Not just yourself, but practically EVERYTHING you think about. Our thoughts are perpetual works in progress; we develop them as we go along.