User Tag List

Page 28 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I've never tried that! It sounds like it'd work really well

But you'd have to make sure you really have a clearly defined statement...I'd have to write down a thesis to make sure I stay on the right track, or I'd end up going off on tangents :B
    Have you gone off on tangents before in your papers? I've done that, and have had "digressive" written on my papers...Didn't know if it was an INFJ or INFP thing? I've argued against the professor for my ideas too.

MBTI
    INFP

Gone off on tangents = going to a random direction stemming from the "basic" idea? Yeah...people tell me I have way too much things in one essay and that I need to expand...(I usually write about a page or two less than most people in my class)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

I tend to go overboard with papers. I do well expanding on a main point, just throwing examples and metaphors out to explain the idea. The problem happens when I get off the main point. I start with a goal and end up defending something different at the end of it. You know, I made what I thought was an interesting connection in my mind and then kind of run with it. Turns out a good number of teachers kinda want you to stay on point...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I tend to go overboard with papers. I do well expanding on a main point, just throwing examples and metaphors out to explain the idea. The problem happens when I get off the main point. I start with a goal and end up defending something different at the end of it. You know, I made what I thought was an interesting connection in my mind and then kind of run with it. Turns out a good number of teachers kinda want you to stay on point...
    , I do exactly the same or get too specific, one or the other... in shorter.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've never tried that! It sounds like it'd work really well

But you'd have to make sure you really have a clearly defined statement...I'd have to write down a thesis to make sure I stay on the right track, or I'd end up going off on tangents :B
    Yeah, it can be hard not to do that. That's why I said to let it sit for a day or more (so you aren't getting tunnel vision staring at it for so long) before you go back and try to look at it objectively as you trim it down.

It usually really sucks when I get a fun tangent I'd like to write about, only to realise it doesn't have enough to do with the main point to include it. Sometimes it helps to then go tell someone about that thought so at least it can get expanded upon.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Yeah, I really hate that. Or when you've had some sort of spiritual or philosophical breakthrough, and you don't have anyone to tell it to (or they just don't care to listen to you talk about that stuff), or you don't have any time to write it down, but it's like all of a sudden the world is so clear and everything makes sense and holy crap you just HAVE to tell someone or you'll explode!
    That's just plain frustrating.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I really hate that. Or when you've had some sort of spiritual or philosophical breakthrough, and you don't have anyone to tell it to (or they just don't care to listen to you talk about that stuff), or you don't have any time to write it down, but it's like all of a sudden the world is so clear and everything makes sense and holy crap you just HAVE to tell someone or you'll explode!
    Lol. Exactly.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

that's the worst! haha and then you tell the next person you see and they back away slowly because they think you're mentally unhinged

Senior Member Array

ARGH! I hate that. I try to write those down, so that I don't end up scaring the next person who I'm talking to with those ponderings.
    I dislike it when people say that I think too much, and wonder where that thought I was speaking at the moment came from..

we should all have a philosophical breakthrough party