User Tag List

Page 27 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

  1. #261
    Senior Member Array Dwigie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

    You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

    *AvereX, who is that in your avatar?
    !,yep.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

  2. #262
    Senior Member Array Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

    You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

    *AvereX, who is that in your avatar?
    First part, a hell to the yeah. It gets me in trouble with class discussions sometimes because I'll start stating my thoughts without having fully completed that thought sequence, so I end up floundering and getting lost. I think it frustrates and amuses some people because other times I can be strangely accurate and insightful. Sort of a hit or miss thing, I suppose.

    It depends on the paper with me. If it's a subject I don't have much interest in, then yes, I will have trouble keeping myself clear and informative--mostly because I just want to get it over with so I'll skim through the details and try to get all the main points down. Otherwise, I don't seem to have that problem.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

  3. #263
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".
    Thats because we're not into details as much as we're into the general idea of things.

  4. #264
    Earth Exalted Array Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Thats because we're not into details as much as we're into the general idea of things.
    isn't that just an intuitive thing ?
    more so NF, i think.
    I N V I C T U S

  5. #265
    Senior Member Array Dwigie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    isn't that just an intuitive thing ?
    more so NF, i think.
    Oh, so you're infp?What made you realize that?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

  6. #266
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    It depends on the paper with me. If it's a subject I don't have much interest in, then yes, I will have trouble keeping myself clear and informative--mostly because I just want to get it over with so I'll skim through the details and try to get all the main points down. Otherwise, I don't seem to have that problem.
    You are so lucky. I spent so much time working on my last paper but got a 89 on it because I still needed to "carve it out" more, haha

  7. #267
    Senior Member Array Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You are so lucky. I spent so much time working on my last paper but got a 89 on because I still needed to "carve it out" more, haha
    That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

  8. #268
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    isn't that just an intuitive thing ?
    more so NF, i think.
    yeah, that's good point. Not being tuned into details does sound more like a general intuitive characteristic. [Off topic] Ironically, my psychology keeps making us compare the results on our assignments to the S/N scale and I consistently come out as a sensor. I have had to explain to him 3 times in writing why I am not a sensor.

  9. #269
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.
    Thank you! I will definitely try that tip on my upcoming research paper.

  10. #270
    Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.
    I've never tried that! It sounds like it'd work really well

    But you'd have to make sure you really have a clearly defined statement...I'd have to write down a thesis to make sure I stay on the right track, or I'd end up going off on tangents :B

Similar Threads

  1. You know your'e an XX when you ?
    By lkpo14 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM
  2. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 457
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO