User Tag List

Page 27 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

*AvereX, who is that in your avatar?
    !,yep.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You start a conversation with someone w/ no context because its a continuation of your internal dialogue.

You think you have explained yourself well in a paper but the teacher marks in red "elaborate", "more", or "expand".

*AvereX, who is that in your avatar?
    First part, a hell to the yeah. It gets me in trouble with class discussions sometimes because I'll start stating my thoughts without having fully completed that thought sequence, so I end up floundering and getting lost. I think it frustrates and amuses some people because other times I can be strangely accurate and insightful. Sort of a hit or miss thing, I suppose.

It depends on the paper with me. If it's a subject I don't have much interest in, then yes, I will have trouble keeping myself clear and informative--mostly because I just want to get it over with so I'll skim through the details and try to get all the main points down. Otherwise, I don't seem to have that problem.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

ByMySword

Cool

Thats because we're not into details as much as we're into the general idea of things.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Thats because we're not into details as much as we're into the general idea of things.
    isn't that just an intuitive thing ?
    more so NF, i think.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    more so NF, i think.
    Oh, so you're infp?What made you realize that?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    It depends on the paper with me. If it's a subject I don't have much interest in, then yes, I will have trouble keeping myself clear and informative--mostly because I just want to get it over with so I'll skim through the details and try to get all the main points down. Otherwise, I don't seem to have that problem.
    You are so lucky. I spent so much time working on my last paper but got a 89 on it because I still needed to "carve it out" more, haha

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You are so lucky. I spent so much time working on my last paper but got a 89 on because I still needed to "carve it out" more, haha
    That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    more so NF, i think.
    yeah, that's good point. Not being tuned into details does sound more like a general intuitive characteristic. [Off topic] Ironically, my psychology keeps making us compare the results on our assignments to the S/N scale and I consistently come out as a sensor. I have had to explain to him 3 times in writing why I am not a sensor.

Glycerine

That sucks, but at least it was almost an A, right? You ever try letting yourself write anything and everything you could possibly have to say on the subject first? It seems easier to do that, wait a day or so, and then go back and start cutting things out. That way all the information is already there and you get to decide what will reinforce your point the best. Though I can empathise that it's hard to come up with a lot to say on a subject when you don't have much to say about it in the first place.
    Thank you! I will definitely try that tip on my upcoming research paper.

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I've never tried that! It sounds like it'd work really well

But you'd have to make sure you really have a clearly defined statement...I'd have to write down a thesis to make sure I stay on the right track, or I'd end up going off on tangents :B