Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    wherever you go, people think you work there
    and or you're mistaken for things you're not officially
    Maybe it's because you don't have that slightly apprehensive, "I'm lost" look on your face.

I use this to my advantage when I'm some place where I don't know the layout. I just walk around looking confident, like I'm thinking "oh, don't mind me, just going to the copy machine" and people rarely ever notice you don't actually belong there--unless of course you are obviously dressed out of place. What I'm really thinking is, "Well from the outside it looked like there was a hallway here...I bet if I go left--yep there it is."
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    In one way it is not possible to hurt someone else without damaging some part of self as well because if we had lived the other person's life, we might behave exactly as they do. Intolerance towards others ultimately results in intolerance for our self. We place a condition on the type of circumstances that produce certain behaviors that we find acceptable and thank god we happen to fall into the right category. That's a hard way to live.
    ^This is exactly the way that I think. It's why I find it odd when others think INFJs are 'judgemental' as a defining trait. Um, no. Some of the behaviors of others that I've been able to justify personally are mind-boggling to other people. If I can see why a person did something and I can deduce that under the circumstances there was really not a high chance of them doing what others consider to be 'right', I just cannot muster the condemnation that others seem to.

I rarely talk about it cos the people I've spoken about this with, apart from my brother, just don't get it. They think that it comes from being a random 'bleeding heart'. (There are things that I do hate immediately - e.g. someone powerful and unassailable taking advantage of someone vulnerable.) I'm sure it is born of years of analyzing people to make sense of their behavior and putting ourselves in the mix in order to best understand. I think about this a lot too. Good tangent.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^This is exactly the way that I think. It's why I find it odd when others think INFJs are 'judgemental' as a defining trait. Um, no. Some of the behaviors of others that I've been able to justify personally are mind-boggling to other people. If I can see why a person did something and I can deduce that under the circumstances there was really not a high chance of them doing what others consider to be 'right', I just cannot muster the condemnation that others seem to.

I rarely talk about it cos the people I've spoken about this with, apart from my brother, just don't get it. They think that it comes from being a random 'bleeding heart'. (There are things that I do hate immediately - e.g. someone powerful and unassailable taking advantage of someone vulnerable.) I'm sure it is born of years of analyzing people to make sense of their behavior and putting ourselves in the mix in order to best understand. I think about this a lot too. Good tangent.
    Yeah, this describes me as well. I learned this from my NLP studies:

People make the best decisions they can with the resources they have.

When people make poor choices, it's because they lack the resources to do anything else.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFP

You know you're an infj when you make endless lists of why you are an infj
    just look at us. 25 pages!
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ if you're able to relate to Martin Buber's description of being stuck on a narrow ridge; which means being secure in the absolute insecurity of the ones fate and/or the fate of the universe as a whole. Yeah I know, it makes no logical sense - that's the point!

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ if you're better at providing paradigms as opposed to actual articulate explainations.

To put it another way: we're better at showing people how to think certain ways rather than what to actually think. This is probably because we tend to dwell on the generalities of the big picture more, rather than concentrate on the details.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You know you're INFJ if you're able to relate to Martin Buber's description of being stuck on a narrow ridge; which means being secure in the absolute insecurity of the ones fate and/or the fate of the universe as a whole. Yeah I know, it makes no logical sense - that's the point!
    That's funny you mentioned this that was my essay college topic(from me, not given :P):
    "being comfortable being lost"
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

That fits me so well.

Senior Member Array Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*Takes notes*

I have stared into the void, and the void has stared back into me