• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Please don't remind me. :cry:

^^;; I'm sorry...don't cry *pat-pats* It'll be alright...

In relation to that post I made...does anyone have the problem of thinking of something...forgetting it...and then remembering it at the most...obscure time? Like right before you're going to bed, or in the middle of a conversation that has nothing to do with what you had forgotten? :shock:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
^^;; I'm sorry...don't cry *pat-pats* It'll be alright...

In relation to that post I made...does anyone have the problem of thinking of something...forgetting it...and then remembering it at the most...obscure time? Like right before you're going to bed, or in the middle of a conversation that has nothing to do with what you had forgotten? :shock:

Yes but I think that happens to everyone no? :thinking:

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes but I think that happens to everyone no? :thinking:

You know you're INFJ when you think things only happen to you (which happens to everyone). Therefore, everyone is INFJ.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You delete your post because you think nobody will see your intended context and it will be misinterpreted.

Lotr246

You transform yourself to be like your role-models

You draw inspiration from the people and the environment around you

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
you spend time researching personality codes for long periods of time on the computer. feeling that you're this special person in the world. when in reality, you're just a sheltered mishap.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You transform yourself to be like your role-models

You draw inspiration from the people and the environment around you

:laugh:
Yep, I'm pretty much a wannabe.
To hideki: Nah, not for me. I got into it because of typical teenage "nebulous sense of self"...I was extremely skeptical about the fluffy things nevertheless. (didn't spent time researching codes, codes bore me)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity. :huh:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
You internalize criticisms because you are driven to view yourself from whatever vantage point produced the criticism. Then you start questioning whether your own vantage point or the other person's is more valid, or if they are in fact equal. Next you start philosophizing about what the self is and what boundaries do and do not exist between people which leaves you feeling ironically isolated for connecting to everything including the negativity. :huh:

:rofl1:right on target.

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
you just sit back alone in your room for several hours. and for 1 second it happens, you experience this 'bliss'. you're like A HA! and suddenly everything makes sense. that's what just happened to me. i feel great...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
you just sit back alone in your room for several hours. and for 1 second it happens, you experience this 'bliss'. you're like A HA! and suddenly everything makes sense. that's what just happened to me. i feel great...

Hmm, what you mean like some ultimate "connectedness" everything? Yeah, I've experienced that. Mostly when I'm outside, minding my own business, it'll sneak up on me and attack me while I'm looking at the light playing on a building or some such thing. So rude. It never even says goodbye when it's gone. It just leaves. :steam:

Lotr246

Hmm, what you mean like some ultimate "connectedness" everything? Yeah, I've experienced that. Mostly when I'm outside, minding my own business, it'll sneak up on me and attack me while I'm looking at the light playing on a building or some such thing. So rude. It never even says goodbye when it's gone. It just leaves. :steam:

Exactly. And usually, you can't explain this experience to others. I remember one where I suddenly knew what the world was like without humans. I couldn't explain this world to you, I just saw it for a second one morning. And yes, it leaves you, and you probably will never experience that same vision again.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
You delete your post because you think nobody will see your intended context and it will be misinterpreted.

YES.:nice:

People misunderstand you, but think they haven't and reply with something that insults your intelligence.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
At times, you suddenly notice things. It's almost as if you were in your own little world, and you didn't really notice the world around, but then for a minute or two your suddenly brought back down to Earth, and you realize where you are and who you are and where your life is at...
And then it passes and your back on your little cloud.

And then, other times, you think of what the world might be like from others' eyes; you wonder about the phenomenon of time; you question how big the universe really is....
So you forget that you have to do laundry.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
At times, you suddenly notice things. It's almost as if you were in your own little world, and you didn't really notice the world around, but then for a minute or two your suddenly brought back down to Earth, and you realize where you are and who you are and where your life is at...
And then it passes and your back on your little cloud.

And then, other times, you think of what the world might be like from others' eyes; you wonder about the phenomenon of time; you question how big the universe really is....
So you forget that you have to do laundry.

Or remember to do laundry but only at one in the morning and you have to get up early the next day, but you've forgotten to do it so many times that if you don't do it, you will have to go commando and that's just not kosher.

But yes, I've had that happen. Don't think the instance is necessarily an INFJ thing. Probably an "easily distracted person" thing...which is what most of us on the forum are in some way or another. Though it's likely that Ni doms are more likely to get distracted in the way you've described, specifically. (Like Usehername's thread.)

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wow, I relate to so much in this thread.

When you're alone you're constantly generating intutive insights and understanding on whatever you are thinking about and people wonder why you like to be alone so much, because you are normally a pretty pleasant person to be around.

It just so happens you like to figure things out. :p