Page 24 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Aww I just like helping people sometimes. I cannot walk away from someone in need, I hate that sometimes. Maybe there is some kind of charge to that, though I don't seem to knowingly feel it.
    I'm like that as well, except that sometimes I do get a big charge if I've been particularly selfless when helping others.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

You know you're an INFJ when you even confuse yourself!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you even confuse yourself!
    do you know how many times i've doubted and or changed my type ?
    more than i've posted a thread about it
    so its about 100 times in a year.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    infj

You say something abstract and interesting that you don't remember thinking about first and others are impressed by it.
    Example. I once said that someone who spoke very persuasively could "talk a piece of moldy bread into a wedding cake".

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by batumi View Post
    You say something abstract and interesting that you don't remember thinking about first and others are impressed by it.
    Example. I once said that someone who spoke very persuasively could "talk a piece of moldy bread into a wedding cake".
    *anticipates with fork and coffee

P.S. I don't drink coffee
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    do you know how many times i've doubted and or changed my type ?
    more than i've posted a thread about it
    so its about 100 times in a year.
    Oh boy, I can relate.The funny thing is, I'm starting to think that either I was extremely biased in my answers at first and got ESFJ (What I'm supposed to "strive to be"?).After reading a while, it sounded great to me...nobody agreed.And yeah I'll admit I did picture for that "such a good person" archetype=> outgoing, fun, responsible, down to earth etc..
    Then I got INTP, I spoke to some of them...it quickly became clear that was not me.xD, ISFP:Now that was a really close one but I'm just too much into "the clouds"...and not that open-ended anyways.I don't mind letting people make decisions but one has to be made, quick. Then I accidentally fell onto the INFJ portrait and personal growth page especially: .
    Fitted me more than INFP I had settled for a while back.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toonia
    I think any type is capable of hurting others if they want to badly enough. Empathy means understanding another person from their point of view. This information I suppose could make it easier to strike a central nerve, but it could also result in sharing the hurt of doing it.

I don't agree. For some, there are people that can be written off, and anything coming out of their mouths is dismissed. Haven't you seen that happen with two people?

One keeps trying to be heard, but everything they say makes it less likely.
    I agree that people write each other off - maybe even most of the time. Empathy is a rather underused skill from what I've seen. What I meant is that the more naturally empathetic the person is, the greater the cost in hurting others because they share in the repercussions. If it is the type of empathy that experiences alongside another person and not the type that analyzes from a distance to view a system. I suppose I focus on both approaches, but the analysis tends to result in the experiencing to at least some degree.

I knew someone who was hurting someone I cared a great deal about. My first response was anger and I could see a particular fracture in that person's mind. They had a pathological fear of something that represented traits that they also possessed. My true understanding of that individual did not come until I spent time thinking from her vantage point. I then saw that the initial observation was not as important as a deeper, more holistic picture. I think that this person could have been deeply hurt by exploiting the specific fracture, but equally so by the tried and true generalized way people club one another with shame, fear, pain, etc.

In one way it is not possible to hurt someone else without damaging some part of self as well because if we had lived the other person's life, we might behave exactly as they do. Intolerance towards others ultimately results in intolerance for our self. We place a condition on the type of circumstances that produce certain behaviors that we find acceptable and thank god we happen to fall into the right category. That's a hard way to live.

Apologies for going a little off topic. It is an issue of central importance to me though, so hard to leave alone. Maybe you know you are an infj when you start over analyzing on a tangent.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when others take you seriously when you are only joking and think you are joking when you are actually serious. This happens to me a lot.

You know you're an INFJ when all your childhood you've heard how you're somehow more mature than others.

You know you're an INFJ when you don't pay attention to your body's signals. You'd rather eat later, go to sleep later, go to the toilet later, go see a doctor later...
    I relate, too much infact.

About spilling the beans in this thread, I think it's partly because expression through writing is easy to us and the fact that we've got so many people here who relate and understand...?

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by batumi View Post
    Yep.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Apologies for going a little off topic. It is an issue of central importance to me though, so hard to leave alone. Maybe you know you are an infj when you start over analyzing on a tangent.
    Most definitely. Especially when the tangent is something nobody else cares about. Not saying that yours was, .