I am wondering if my curious nature is just that aspect of my Ti that comes out to play when things get rough.
Is it the Ti in conjunction on an abstract level of awareness with Ni that turns everything into a puzzle to figure out and solve and learn the angles so I can "win" at it? I do this with EV-ER-Y thing now! I didnt used to do this even as early as 6 or so years ago... now its like everything gets put into a small system and I learn its components and how this thing effects that thing, a very big picture way of looking at it, but its all very abstract and its not entirely clear. Its mostly an intuitive understanding of it.
It almost makes me feel like a goof boy, in bad boys clothing trying to accomplish good things...
I want money, control, and security over my life. It is not in my nature to want these things other then the fact that they are valuable to others in that as tools they can provide a method to live life freer of pain because its double down in comfort.
I dont give a shit about possessions... I could be a homeless wanderer and be happy with that, but there is that aspect of me that greatly desires to fall deeply head over heels in love with someone and to produce a family and completely give myself over as a devoted father and husband, to me thats the best I can do with my life, I know its not really that extravagant or anything but its what I aspire to be... now the funny part is how I have gotten to where I am so close to what I want.
I refuse to work a 9 to 5 job the rest of my life and lose 1000000s of hours away from my loved ones toiling away, not gonna be me... hence the money/security. I need to be able to control my time and schedule, I want to spend it with the people that have meaning for me.
So I figured out the quickest way to get to what I want,that crazy Ti maybe again, putting everything into a system looking at possibilities and boom I follow through.
The stuff I do isnt always ethical, its highly wrong in some instances and it carries great risk, but the rewards I think would be worth it. I am kind of all or nothing in general, its a pretty absurd way to be, but lord how I love to make dramatic exits and such. Much rather burn out then fade away.
Most of my goals get loftier and grander after the building of a family (heart) I want to open shelters in Thailand and Cambodia for battered women and children in the sex ring teach them lucrative skills.
This is all shit thats tossed together in some grand plan I been hatching since I was a teenager. Is that kind of long term strategic planning Ti? what the hell is that? Its getting stronger in me like crazy as I enter my 30s.
Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...
06-15-2010, 12:03 PM #2231Ground control to Major Tom
06-15-2010, 12:33 PM #2232
The key words you wrote, "putting things into a system and analyzing its components," by definition is Ti. Ti helps organize the mental clutter that Ni gives us into logical definitions. You have been using Ti to define that family= important.
06-17-2010, 06:19 AM #2233c. What an INFJ thinks is Te, is actually Ti in disguise.
I think the Te you're referring to is just Ni and Ti working together to organize the surroundings. The difference between an INFJ's pseudo Te and an INTJs real Te is how active the person is while using it. INTJs use theirs on the run, while INFJs are much more spacey when using their Ti.
'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe
This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.
06-17-2010, 07:35 AM #2234
You can be the most sneakily manipulative person around but in general don't use your ability to manipulate since it often feels very wrong, you don't want to hurt people and the affection you manipulate out of people is not the real thing anyway.
If you are on an Fe encouragement high you can make people feel like a million dollars.
You tend to be a good listener. I had this one-hour conversation with a guy I hardly knew about his psycho-ex-girlfriend (who judging by his description was an INFJ gone wrong) and all I did was say about every 5 minutes, "Psycho. Such a psycho." and afterwards he thanked me profoundly for having had this great conversation with him.
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM #2235
06-17-2010, 01:41 PM #2236
1. When explaining verbally what I did in a given moment, or what someone told me, to another person, at first it feels like the thoughts are coming out of my mouth like a big ball of spaghetti that's being thrown at the wall. Then, I backtrack, and put everything into a logical train of thought, telling things stepwise, which takes quite a bit of effort as I'm untangling the mental spaghetti.
2. When working on something that requires a great deal of mental effort, I tend to withdraw from the world, almost becoming anti-social. (I'm sure this is Ti). I can't concentrate with too many people around me.
3. Once a question is answered, multiple questions pop up in my head, and it keeps going!
4. When providing explanations about how to do something, again, mental spaghetti gets tossed up from the back of my mind, I untangle it, and put everything into a stepwise fashion.
5. When dealing with the world around me, I want it all to make sense. It's like I want to put everything into a specific folder labeled with what quality or quantity it is. When I'm presented with something that's a bit fuzzy and grey, I still want to quantify and classify it.
6. When thinking about something, I feel a sense of mental clarity, like someone is taking a fine adjustment on a microscope and everything appears clearer. Then the lightbulb goes on inside my head.
7. I get told often that I usually want instructions on how to do things explained to me in a step-wise scientific fashion, and it's frustrating for some people.
06-17-2010, 03:10 PM #2237
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
06-17-2010, 03:30 PM #2238SnifflesGuest
Yeah I'm constantly told what a great listener I am, even when I'm not actually listening to them.
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM #2239
06-17-2010, 05:16 PM #2240
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
Once, in a bar, a guy sat down next to me and went on for 20 minutes about how he was compelled to write lyrics for music, that at any given moment there was always a poem forming in his head. He seemed to have a lot of angst about it and spilled his guts to me as if I was going to be the one person who could help him. He finally asked me what he should do about this, did I think he should seek professional help? I asked him if everything else in his life seemed to be going OK and he answered yes. Then I told him that if he was compelled to write....he should write. Who knows, maybe it's his calling? At that point my boyfriend was coming back to the table with our beers so the guy left.
By lkpo14 in forum The BonfireReplies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM
By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 457Last Post: 10-31-2015, 01:43 AM
By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)Replies: 174Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 242Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 66Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM