Page 222 of 235 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you hurt other people's feelings deeply by spouting off from some internal perception that is unapparent to others..and then rationalize other's expressions of hurt as errors-that their feelings are not valid and the hurt person(s) was/were somehow the cause of their own poor feelings and it's their fault.

Ti anyone?
    I do something like that to my husband, apparently. When he asks something of me, because it's something that matters to him, if I think the request is silly/not important, I don't do what he wants, which makes him feel like I don't care about him. It's not that I don't care, it's more my J function running amok. I really need to work on reigning in Judging.

I'm sorry that you got hurt.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I don't think that's exactly what they meant. I interpreted it more along the lines that I suck at giving a succinct synopsis of a movie or really anything else that I am excited about because I don't want to leave out anything that is needed to completely understand.
    +1 (x6^10) ; why describe something if you're not describing it well enough for the other person to know what it is? Its so much easier to show the person it than to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you hurt other people's feelings deeply by spouting off from some internal perception that is unapparent to others..and then rationalize other's expressions of hurt as errors-that their feelings are not valid and the hurt person(s) was/were somehow the cause of their own poor feelings and it's their fault.
    Sounds like Ti. Are you sure you got yourself an INFJ and not an INTP? The two types can be confused.

You know you're an INFJ when you are so bad at communication that you hurt other people's feelings on accident. Especially Es who are naturally more socially-aware.

I joke with my INTP friend that he shouldn't be allowed to hold a knife, I think it's similar with INFJs and words. Our minds are scattered so we aren't always aware that what we're saying is hurtful. Our empathy only works when we're focused on it, and we can be distracted.

And besides. We're human. We need to learn things before we know them. We aren't psychic or magical. Just weird.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    +1 (x6^10) ; why describe something if you're not describing it well enough for the other person to know what it is? Its so much easier to show the person it than to talk about it.

Sounds like Ti. Are you sure you got yourself an INFJ and not an INTP? The two types can be confused.
    Tested INFJ. I wonder if it doesn't help she's gorgeous and could use the looks as a leverage of power to escape having to deal with thinking and feeling for others and sensing. Ni runs free and dominates like a balloon up in the sky.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

When you're listening to music on your iPod and you go to grab the door handle, and instead of grabbing the right one, you grab the left one because your mind was totally on something else.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    When you're listening to music on your iPod and you go to grab the door handle, and instead of grabbing the right one, you grab the left one because your mind was totally on something else.
    It's not just situations like this, it could be anything, you don't even have to listen to music, you could be so deep in your thought and even though there's this underlying thought that you're supposed to do someting and you're about to do it/do "something"...when you realize afterwards that you've done something completely different.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    It's not just situations like this, it could be anything, you don't even have to listen to music, you could be so deep in your thought and even though there's this underlying thought that you're supposed to do someting and you're about to do it/do "something"...when you realize afterwards that you've done something completely different.
    Yep, this happens to me quite often, I'm afraid.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    So true!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Sensotard moments. Cute and quirky to some, really annoying to others.

I like them. Keeps me on my toes

You know you're an INFJ when you can use your Ni to come up with excuses for things to be better than they are. I recently made a crappy clay pot but because I used light blue glaze and can look at the small little rough parts the right way, I imagine that the pot is a representation of clouds and flying. After that I liked it more because it stopped being a 'crappy clay pot.'

Another example is that my INFJ parents are pretty forgiving to my mistakes if they don't directly harm anyone. One time I went parked in our garage wrong and found out I couldn't get out without ruining the passenger side mirror. In my bad attempt at wiggling free I accidently pressed the gas instead of the break while going backwards. I ended up scraping the passenger door pretty bad (thankfully the dent wasn't deep enough to make the electric windows not work), breaking off the passenger mirror, and twisting the center support a bit out of place and twisting the garagedoor's metal rail a bit. My mother just laughed and made a joke about it, and my dad said that it was good that it was at home and not at someone else's place. All I had to do was help put the garage column back in place. (Thankfully they know how distraught I was. I was sooo afraid of what my dad's reaction to the damage would be)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You know you’re INFJ when your favorite local coffee shop stops making your favorite drink and your reaction is to instantly reflect on the impermanence of absolutely everything. All the moments in your life- where you’ve realized you’d been taking some meaningful relationship to something/someone in the external world for granted, because that something/someone suddenly isn’t ready-at-hand available anymore (plus a vague sense of similar events that haven’t even happened yet)- suddenly merge into one big blur and it flashes before your eyes in that split second after you’ve realized your favorite drink is gone.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

When you try to figure yourself out, and you think you've arrived at a conclusion, but then you end up back where you started: still trying to figure yourself out.

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche