Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

When one of your classmates asks you where you came from cos you've got varying abilities.

When you've spent time analyzing the hell out of yourself and seeing yourself as this puzzle that you can't figure out.

You think that you're all so logical/analytical NT, but when you make a post on Facebook that says something along the lines of having a balance of independent thinking and using the power of knowledge for good and benefiting mankind, it dawns on you that, yep, you've got auxiliary Fe, like it or not.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    When one of your classmates asks you where you came from cos you've got varying abilities. you're really "out there" and anormal (and enjoy it!).
    Fix'd

When you've spent time analyzing the hell out of yourself and seeing yourself as this puzzle that you can't figure out.
    I've always thought of it as trying to untie a really hard knot blindfolded and with numb fingers. It's been hell on my nerves because my perfectionism worries so much about it while the pragmatic self shakes its head and says: 'Dude, if you're in a good mood you don't even care about it. Find the good things about yourself that you KNOW, and stick to those.'

You know you're an INFJ when you personify aspects of your personality when you talk about them.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you personify aspects of your personality when you talk about them.
    And then- after you're done talking about them- they stay personified and get in conversations with each other which are so interesting to you that you find them wholly distracting. Like this . And it becomes an unwelcome distraction when a real person tries engaging you in conversation. Occasionally even eating or sleeping can be unwelcome distractions.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Dali

I never knew, when I started this thread 1.5yrs ago, that I would fall for an INFJ (the feeling seems to be mutual).

Now I love you guys even more.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

(Wait, when and where was my 1000th post? PAR-TAY!)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

people ask if you are studying {insert field of study} when you just read it for yourself
    no need to let someone tell you when you can read for yourself

your independent study practices will never end, especially if you are obsessed with the subject
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Fix'd

When one of your classmates asks you where you came from cos you've got varying abilities. you're really "out there" and anormal (and enjoy it!).
    LOL!!! Isn't that the truth! I've always felt so out of the loop.

Another sign is when you're able to spot another INFJ by the way that they totally zone out when they're on their own, and you know how to get their attention back, the infamous name dropping.

Also, when you have this amazing group dynamic with an ENFJ in your class, and they seem to catalyze new ideas, and you think it's great how they understand you.

Add getting hairsplitting with directions and having a stubborn thick spot and you keep repeating your rationale behind your judgment. Perhaps the stubbornness has more to do with feeling like you're being misunderstood.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    people ask if you are studying {insert field of study} when you just read it for yourself
    It's weird, maybe we just easily understand what's going on in it and can make a good guess to things we don't know concretely (the idea of knowing 'what shape the wholes in our wall of understanding are' crossed my mind here)

I kind of mentally cringe when people ask that kind of thing (not all the time, just in a certain way, like: ' how did you know?') because I know I won't be able to make a natural connection with that person. Then I think about how much easier life would be if I wasn't an N

no need to let someone tell you when you can read for yourself
    Depends on the situation. Sometimes I don't have the book or manual on-hand and I prefer to have people who know what theyre talking about to tell me. It's easier to understand that way.

your independent study practices will never end, especially if you are obsessed with the subject
    Troo dat!

(You know youre an INFJ when people who normally misspell (liek ths rite?) a lot are annoying but misspelling on purpose is cute or silly.)

LOL!!! Isn't that the truth! I've always felt so out of the loop.
    Another sign is when you're able to spot another INFJ by the way that they totally zone out when they're on their own, and you know how to get their attention back, the infamous name dropping.
    Usually I know they're an INFJ when we finish each other's sentences

Also, when you have this amazing group dynamic with an ENFJ in your class, and they seem to catalyze new ideas, and you think it's great how they understand you.
    It is pretty awesome. I get a long very well with ENFJ guys. We become friends really quickly, even if the ENFJ is full of crap (I am too!).

Add getting hairsplitting with directions and having a stubborn thick spot and you keep repeating your rationale behind your judgment. Perhaps the stubbornness has more to do with feeling like you're being misunderstood.
    Yes.

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Another couple signs for the day:
    You seem to catch onto the subtleties of humor and laugh at just about anything that you find amusing, whereas others would scratch their heads wondering, "What's so funny?"

When making discussion posts for class, your posts are usually the longest and so deeply reflective that your classmates don't respond back. They seem to think that you already know what you're doing.

When sitting in a textbook review group activity, and your group is chatting, you end up leafing through one of the group member's art history textbooks just to check out the artwork, and tune everyone else out, and you're wondering what the pieces of artwork mean, what do the images represent, what's the artists intentions, grasp onto symbolic concepts, and then your brain is off and running.

When you find the nearest computer terminal in the computer lab that is closest to the four walls/windows and out of view from everyone else.

When you have both a nerd side and artsy side.

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Phantonym

Another couple signs for the day:
    You seem to catch onto the subtleties of humor and laugh at just about anything that you find amusing, whereas others would scratch their heads wondering, "What's so funny?"
    Yes! That is so funny, sometimes I have to try really hard not to start laughing out loud because I hate drawing attention to myself, but most of the time I can't stop grinning at something.

When sitting in a textbook review group activity, and your group is chatting, you end up leafing through one of the group member's art history textbooks just to check out the artwork, and tune everyone else out, and you're wondering what the pieces of artwork mean, what do the images represent, what's the artists intentions, grasp onto symbolic concepts, and then your brain is off and running.
    That's true. I have something similar happening to me all the time, my brain is miles away...

When you find the nearest computer terminal in the computer lab that is closest to the four walls/windows and out of view from everyone else.
    Yes! And whoever came up with the idea for laptops and WiFi -