Page 217 of 235 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Indeed, cos it shows the actual imagery going through our heads, and it reflects emotions that are difficult to verbalize.
    That could also be why many INFJs are interested in the arts. Its an outlet to express things that have a meaning that is hard to describe, maybe even think about directly. Fi users usually have the same reason for creating art.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    That could also be why many INFJs are interested in the arts. Its an outlet to express things that have a meaning that is hard to describe, maybe even think about directly. Fi users usually have the same reason for creating art.
    That's for sure. I find that creating art is therapeutic too, for it helps me to get out pent up feelings. I tend to hold them in, or they are at odds with what my Te and Ti would say "makes sense". Sometimes I don't know which to listen to, brains or heart. But my natural tendency is to listen to my heart though.

I think a sign of INFJness, especially in the scientific field, is that you end up majoring in environmental science, meteorology, or biological sciences rather than physics and chemistry. You prefer something that has a living element to it, or something that impacts humanity.

Tack on in social environments, you don't mind social interaction at all, but most times you are the quiet one in the group.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    That's for sure. I find that creating art is therapeutic too, for it helps me to get out pent up feelings. I tend to hold them in, or they are at odds with what my Te and Ti would say "makes sense". Sometimes I don't know which to listen to, brains or heart. But my natural tendency is to listen to my heart though.

I think a sign of INFJness, especially in the scientific field, is that you end up majoring in environmental science, meteorology, or biological sciences rather than physics and chemistry. You prefer something that has a living element to it, or something that impacts humanity.

Tack on in social environments, you don't mind social interaction at all, but most times you are the quiet one in the group.
    I should try playing more music. Maybe piano because it's straightforward and sounds nice, too.

I'm learning to do that so I can pay more attention to actions and reactions of people in the group.

You know you're an INFJ (or at least NF) when your main cause for depression is connected to your ideals in some way, such as not reaching them, not knowing how to reach one, or not knowing how to 'lower the bar' to something more feasible. I am in the best mood when I feel like I am moving closer to some ideal, whether I actually know what the ideal is or not. It's worse when I consciously know what the ideal is because then I think about it too much.

You know you're an INFJ when at times you think about your ideals too much.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ (or at least NF) when your main cause for depression is connected to your ideals in some way, such as not reaching them, not knowing how to reach one, or not knowing how to 'lower the bar' to something more feasible. I am in the best mood when I feel like I am moving closer to some ideal, whether I actually know what the ideal is or not. It's worse when I consciously know what the ideal is because then I think about it too much.

Yes, absolutely.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Yes!

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

word.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Tell me about it. Guilty as charged here.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    You think like an NT but can't say 90% of it to spare other people's feelings.
    Exactly.

Or when you read the entire first page of this thread and are thinking only one of the items sorta fit you and maybe something is wrong with you.
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
    Exactly.

Or when you read the entire first page of this thread and are thinking only one of the items sorta fit you and maybe something is wrong with you.
    See my post on this page

Ideals are awesome when I can reach them. Such as when I make things on Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel. It gives me all the tools in a simple organization and gives me the flexibility to make my documents look good. When they reach my standards I feel good - - for about 3 minutes then I notice a slight mistake or suddenly just don't like it. I think it's what drives us to evolve and change things up sometimes.

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

How about when you're in a class lecture and you're getting antsy because you already know what the professor is going to say to follow up to his main points.

You get annoyed when people don't have the foresight to understand how their actions impact others around them, and see them walking right into a mistake when they could have avoided it.

When the majority of your classmates are stumped about the concept of systems thinking, but you love it cos it connects with your dominant Ni and tertiary Ti.

When people think you're super intelligent, but you tell them "I just work hard and study, I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else."

Even though you may be a grown up, you still love fantasy and fairy tales.

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche