User Tag List

Page 216 of 235 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

You know youre an INFJ when you always have the 'I think I forgot something' feeling, even when, after thorough inspection, you didn't.

You know youre an INFJ when you end up sending more than one email, or doubleposting, because you suddenl thought of something AFTER you posted/emailed. Usually within a minute of sending. (I think my parents' email inbox is spammed with a lot of random small emails I have... now I know why twitter/texting is popular...)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

You know you're an INFJ when, if someone asks you about yourself, unless they're a close friend, you'll give a short response and then talk about someone else you know who's not presently there. Like, if someone asks you about your future plans, you'll quickly say what you're doing, and then end up talking about another friend's plans in more detail.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when, if someone asks you about yourself, unless they're a close friend, you'll give a short response and then talk about someone else you know who's not presently there. Like, if someone asks you about your future plans, you'll quickly say what you're doing, and then end up talking about another friend's plans in more detail.

*LOL* I can relate.

And then whoever wanted to know you better will think that you're hiding something from them etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    I can relate to that but normally I will give a really short response about myself and then I will ask the other person: "So how are you? Tell me about yourself." It's funny, the person starts asking me about my problems and in no time they start revealing all their problems to me, it's like I have a natural ability to deflect unwanted intrusion into my private thoughts and feelings.

Not sure why INFJs are like this (How does it help us that we are so damn private? Does it keep our hearts and thoughts pure or something like this? I dunno.) but deflecting anyone who is not deemed worthy yet from our deeper layers definitely seems to be a common characteristic amongst INFJs.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I can relate to that but normally I will give a really short response about myself and then I will ask the other person: "So how are you? Tell me about yourself." It's funny, the person starts asking me about my problems and in no time they start revealing all their problems to me, it's like I have a natural ability to deflect unwanted intrusion into my private thoughts and feelings.

Not sure why INFJs are like this (How does it help us that we are so damn private? Does it keep our hearts and thoughts pure or something like this? I dunno.) but deflecting anyone who is not deemed worthy yet from our deeper layers definitely seems to be a common characteristic amongst INFJs.
    I have been told alot of times that they, the people asking, feel that they really, really, reaaaally have to put in alot of effort into 'digging out' information from me about me. Do you get that, too?

And it's funny that the "deflecting" thing happens spontaneously. It is unplanned and not on purpose, too. *shrug*

...and then we want to be understood...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    And it's funny that the "deflecting" thing happens spontaneously. It is unplanned and not on purpose, too. *shrug*

...and then we want to be understood...
    This deserves a double

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Whenever someone asks you to tell them something about yourself, and you say "what do you want to know in particular?" You honestly don't know where to start when someone asks you to tell them about yourself.

When you seldom use webcams in im conversations and when someone else does, despite they are your trusted friend, you feel a little uneasy and delicately mask your uneasiness with levity.

When you want to describe how you feel on a given day, and you provide symbolic representations of it, such as pictures, poetry, songs. You never state it out in the open.

You find yourself drawn to the character Aurora from Sleeping Beauty because she retreats from strangers, yearns to realize her dreams despite visions are seldom as they seem (yep, quintessential hopeless romantic), and you spend a lot of time with nature (and are intuitive to nature as well, animals are drawn to you), and yeah, you are shy with guys you like.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    This deserves a double
    Make that a triple my dear.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post

Two words: We're tactical. Seriously, I find myself always trying to leverage into a different situation with people by saying/not saying certain things (usually to keep them from thinking something). It's part of who I am and I need to practice using it better and knowing when to use it. ENFJs have the skill more naturally, I think.

When you want to describe how you feel on a given day, and you provide symbolic representations of it, such as pictures, poetry, songs. You never state it out in the open.
    Maybe we see it as a purer form of communication?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

Maybe we see it as a purer form of communication?
    Indeed, cos it shows the actual imagery going through our heads, and it reflects emotions that are difficult to verbalize.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche