Page 213 of 235 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you're so deep in thought that you're expressionless.

People may tell you that you're the only person they can't read.
    Indeed, I used to know a psychiatrist once through a friend, merely as she drank in our local pub. She spent one night (quite inebriated) staring at me on and off. She apologised next time she saw me, and said it was that she kept thinking she knew me perhaps from somewhere.

I explained that I was quite sure we hadn't met, and she replied with 'Yes, you just have a very enigmatic face, I can't put my finger on it.'

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

+1 I have a seething disdain for commercials. I netflix practically all the TV I watch because commercials make me so curmudgeony. It astounds me that more people aren't as routinely offended- by the manipulative and condescending language- as I am.
    You should look up George Carlin's 'Advertising Lullaby'

Either the language would piss you off or it would be hilarious because of how he is using it.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLyLemon View Post
    Indeed, I used to know a psychiatrist once through a friend, merely as she drank in our local pub. She spent one night (quite inebriated) staring at me on and off. She apologised next time she saw me, and said it was that she kept thinking she knew me perhaps from somewhere.

I explained that I was quite sure we hadn't met, and she replied with 'Yes, you just have a very enigmatic face, I can't put my finger on it.'
    I just think I look out of place wherever I am. Everytime I see myself in a picture I think: 'I look like I don't belong there for some reason.'

I was in a group of exchange students and realized just how un-male I am. I don't go skiing, I don't watch movies much (That seems to be the big one), and even though the ETPs just have an aura of 'you're and idiot' pointed at me, I still try to talk to them in a friendly way.

What I do is play videogames, read books, complain, and imaginate. I tend to either confuse or weird-out extraverts. I think it's funny. Unlike them, who cant seem to find anything with rusty logic funny. 'Oh I'm sorry *condecendingly* I couldnt understand you because you didn't have a flawless order of logic structure.' - Theyre the ones that really go insane when reality stops working, us crazy IN-s feel right at home in that area.

Or maybe I just read too much Terry Pratchet...
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array HotpinkHeatwave's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP

You use people for things that you need, and once you have those things and have no use for the person, you detatch/find someone else.

(This is just a personal experience with an INFJ I know EXTREMELY well. Sorry if I've offended anyone, this is probably just particular to her. XD)

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    You use people for things that you need, and once you have those things and have no use for the person, you detatch/find someone else.
    ^ No.

(This is just a personal experience with an INFJ I know EXTREMELY well. Sorry if I've offended anyone, this is probably just particular to her. XD)
    ^ Yes.

"It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Junior Member Array turospalacsinta's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

You know you are an INFJ, when:

you feel your dreams are more real than reality, and reality seems more dream-like than your dreams.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by turospalacsinta View Post
    You know you are an INFJ, when:

you feel your dreams are more real than reality, and reality seems more dream-like than your dreams.
    Maybe if you're lucky and have a vivid imagination.

At best, I can view 'pictures' in my head as if through a fog, so I rely on real things as a reference for my creativity.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

You can quickly see past the performance of phony people, no matter how sweet...and you wonder why it takes everyone else so long to see what you do. You prefer genuine people even when they're a bit abrupt. The honesty is refreshing.

When someone you care about stops listening to you mid sentence, it feels like a slap in the face. You feel yourself withdraw from them.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    You can quickly see past the performance of phony people, no matter how sweet...and you wonder why it takes everyone else so long to see what you do. You prefer genuine people even when they're a bit abrupt. The honesty is refreshing.

When someone you care about stops listening to you mid sentence, it feels like a slap in the face. You feel yourself withdraw from them.
    I usually don't pay attention to people besides my friends, and I usually don't notice when people start ignoring me mid-sentence

-Nightwish

Not sure if it applies to all INFJs, but I'm moved by movies/books that depict characters struggling with mid-life/identity crises, depression, suicide, etc., and that ultimately end in some realization. (Some examples, American Beauty, It's a Wonderful Life, A Single Man, Hamlet, Siddhartha, Brothers Karamazov...)

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    Not sure if it applies to all INFJs, but I'm moved by movies/books that depict characters struggling with mid-life/identity crises, depression, suicide, etc., and that ultimately end in some realization. (Some examples, American Beauty, It's a Wonderful Life, A Single Man, Hamlet, Siddhartha, Brothers Karamazov...)
    I can relate. Personally, I find myself moved by all kinds of characters who struggle with something, make mistakes, learn from them and ultimately, reach some kind of a positive realization and conclusion/beginning of a vital change. It's exciting to experience through characters, either fictional or based on real individuals, the development they go through and how that changes their life.