Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    So true! It makes us so bleedingly frustrating to those ENxPs who somehow get enamored with us
    And while it might be particularly frustrating to ENxPs (who tend to lack enthusiasm for delayed gratification), I’ve found I can drive just about any type *bat-shit crazy* with this need for specific feedback. I actually thrive on helping people pinpoint exactly what they are feeling; I thrive on the process itself. Yet I think most people tend to see the process as some kind of necessary evil, and to them: spending any amount of extra time there probably seems like pulling unnecessary teeth.

People who understand the thrill of that process- to THOROUGHLY understand someone else’s existential position, or to BE thoroughly understood- are very far and few between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post
    ...when you're in love with le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulain.
    You know you’re INFJ when you can relate to that excruciating moment in “Amelie” when Amelie is daydreaming about Nino being in the apartment, rustling the bead curtain with his fingers- and she actually hears the bead curtain moving around- only to find out that it’s just the cat’s tail moving it around.

It’s that inevitable Se bitchslap: when the difference between ‘ideal possibility’ and ‘present reality’ becomes- in an instant- overwhelmingly clear. And the bigger that divide has become, the more painful that moment is.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    And while it might be particularly frustrating to ENxPs (who tend to lack enthusiasm for delayed gratification), I’ve found I can drive just about any type *bat-shit crazy* with this need for specific feedback. I actually thrive on helping people pinpoint exactly what they are feeling; I thrive on the process itself. Yet I think most people tend to see the process as some kind of necessary evil, and to them: spending any amount of extra time there probably seems like pulling unnecessary teeth.

People who understand the thrill of that process- to THOROUGHLY understand someone else’s existential position, or to BE thoroughly understood- are very far and few between.

You know you’re INFJ when you can relate to that excruciating moment in “Amelie” when Amelie is daydreaming about Nino being in the apartment, rustling the bead curtain with his fingers- and she actually hears the bead curtain moving around- only to find out that it’s just the cat’s tail moving it around.

It’s that inevitable Se bitchslap: when the difference between ‘ideal possibility’ and ‘present reality’ becomes- in an instant- overwhelmingly clear. And the bigger that divide has become, the more painful that moment is.
    Yes! It's almost physical, isn't it, the pain one feels when confronted with "reality", after having lived in the ideal for a while.
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

And while it might be particularly frustrating to ENxPs (who tend to lack enthusiasm for delayed gratification), I’ve found I can drive just about any type *bat-shit crazy* with this need for specific feedback.
    That's no great discovery actually that's picking on other ones weak spots.

If you call that an achievement in your life, you are way to far caught in your own world.

Frustration often translates to cruelness and I am way over my head here..
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That's no great discovery actually that's picking on other ones weak spots.

If you call that an achievement in your life, you are way to far caught in your own world.

Frustration often translates to cruelness and I am way over my head here..
    Could you explain better? I don't see where you're coming from.

Well we like to fix problems and in our heads, problems require specific feedback. You cant fix electronics without the right soldering equipment: 'No not a blowtorch! A SOLDERING IRON, do you know what that is?' That kind of feeling.

We don't like using broken equipment. Maybe an ENTP is skilled at making a broken tool work just as well as a fixed version or changing many broken bits into something new and useful, but an INFJ likes to fix things. The things in this manner are people. Many people don't want to be fixed, or know they don't need to. INFJs can be seen as nosy and pushy in this way.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    but an INFJ likes to fix things. The things in this manner are people. Many people don't want to be fixed, or know they don't need to. INFJs can be seen as nosy and pushy in this way.
    This is actually painfully true.

With certain people I constantly have this broken record going on in my mind that if you could just do things like this, this and this, you'd be much better off. But who am I to say what exactly that "better" is. So, I've learned not to voice these thoughts, though. It's not easy sometimes and I do slip up occasionally and say and do things that really are pushy and nosy while I know that I shouldn't.

And sometimes I just let people make mistakes even if I know that it will end up badly but it's the only way they can learn. It's painful to watch but it is necessary.

MBTI
    ENFP

:You know you’re INFJ when you can relate to that excruciating moment in “Amelie” when Amelie is daydreaming about Nino being in the apartment, rustling the bead curtain with his fingers- and she actually hears the bead curtain moving around- only to find out that it’s just the cat’s tail moving it around.

you know you're an INFJ when someone says you know you're an INFJ when you are totally in love with amelie, and you point to a specific scene in amelie in response

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

no, it's actually that one. maybe the puddle + imagining the absolute worst one is next best. probably followed by the walk on water one with the bright (read: divine) light.

Senior Member Array HollyGolightly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

You're know your INFJ when people slowly move towards the door everytime you crack a joke or you honestly answer the question "What are you thinking"...

Or maybe that's just me ;P
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

You know you are an INFJ when you pick up on the surreal and weird in your environment but completely miss what is right in front of your eyes. For example my holiday snapshots are often quite interesting since I take photos of weird, funny stuff while what's right in front of my eyes often seems just too boring to be photographed.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    You know you are an INFJ when you pick up on the surreal and weird in your environment but completely miss what is right in front of your eyes. For example my holiday snapshots are often quite interesting since I take photos of weird, funny stuff while what's right in front of my eyes often seems just too boring to be photographed.
    Buy a pair of spects.

You'll probably see more and probably would start thinking you are a ISTJ too.