Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Dude I dated an ISFJ for 8 years and it was so clear that we didn't belong together... lol
    Try ISFP, worked for me

MBTI
    INFJ

...you prefer to confront a personal situation and let it blow up just so things are clear aftewards.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

We get FRUSTRATED when people don't give us the chance to even explain ourselves and decide their opinion is correct, even when it's way off. How the hell will they understand how we act when they wont listen or understand when we do our best to explain ourselves? I think after getting ignored so many times we just give up on other people understanding us. For us, at least me and the voices in my head, why we feel something is much more important than what we're feeling. If the person repeatedly isn't interested in that we give up on them.
    So true, and well expressed!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    So true, and well expressed!
    Thanks!

I figure that what we're feeling is based on something that happened. If we feel something without a reason, we feel lost in some way. Once we find the reason and gain closure from it, we can easily move on. Until then our minds repeatedly go back to it.

To relate it to enneagram, it's what makes INFJs relate to the EnType 5. We want to understand ourselves and emotions are a way of it. If we slip into slothfulness in this way, we turn into unhealthy 4s and just sulk in whatever mood we are in.

Different INFJs deal with this in different ways, so there is likely exceptions to the above. 'Every person is an exception to the rule.'
    Last edited by Skyward; 12-15-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I figure that what we're feeling is based on something that happened. If we feel something without a reason, we feel lost in some way. Once we find the reason and gain closer from it, we can easily move on. Until then our minds repeatedly go back to it.

Yeah, this is true for me as well. My thoughts loop almost obsessively about a feeling until I know why I'm feeling it; but once I figure it out, I have no problem letting it go.

And the most frustrating thing about it is that- while I'm ace at helping other people figure what they're feeling- my compulsive need for accuracy is so much greater than that of the people around me that the people around me are usually of very little help to me in figuring these things out. I even feel a little guilty when they try, because I know they *want* to help yet I always have a "but..." to counteract everything they say. I know it comes across as me 'not listening', but really it's just that I need feedback so ridiculously accurate that it makes perfect sense out of what I'm feeling.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Yeah, this is true for me as well. My thoughts loop almost obsessively about a feeling until I know why I'm feeling it; but once I figure it out, I have no problem letting it go.

And the most frustrating thing about it is that- while I'm ace at helping other people figure what they're feeling- my compulsive need for accuracy is so much greater than that of the people around me that the people around me are usually of very little help to me in figuring these things out. I even feel a little guilty when they try, because I know they *want* to help yet I always have a "but..." to counteract everything they say. I know it comes across as me 'not listening', but really it's just that I need feedback so ridiculously accurate that it makes perfect sense out of what I'm feeling.
    Very, very true.
    INFJ 9w1.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post

So true! It makes us so bleedingly frustrating to those ENxPs who somehow get enamored with us
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP

...when you're in love with le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulain.

i know an INFJ personally that loves that movie. well, so do i. but she does particularly. and i noticed more than one INFJ on these forums has an amelie-related avatar.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post

i know an INFJ personally that loves that movie. well, so do i. but she does particularly. and i noticed more than one INFJ on these forums has an amelie-related avatar.

+9999

^.^

Circus Maximus Array Sarcasticus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu562 View Post

I think a lot of ENTPs like that movie too.