Page 206 of 235 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Agreed. I don't hate spiders, but I'm not in love with them either. Once there was a nice, fat brown house spider that lived under the AC unit in my dorm. My roommate wanted to kill it, but once I saw the first roach carcass sitting near its web, I told my roommate to let it stay. Besides, it's not like we saw it every day. It lived in the place we never, ever look, so I wasn't one to complain.
    I would name it at that point. It would be a free pet!

You know youre an INFJ when people wonder if you have any solid opinions. You can switch sides so easily for random reasons. They just haven't seen your stubborn core yet.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I would name it at that point. It would be a free pet!

You know youre an INFJ when people wonder if you have any solid opinions. You can switch sides so easily for random reasons. They just haven't seen your stubborn core yet.
    So true.
    It seems we're able to see all sides and from different perspectives. Ask a simple question...it's not that you don't have answers it's that the question wasn't specific enough...it takes time to try to find the answer they most likely want to hear.
    This is one reason taking tests in school was such a chore for me.

Right on the stubborn. I don't balk often but when I do it's likely to be my way or the highway. (I love some of these old expressions.)

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISFP

You know you are NOT and INFJ when you ..
    Break up after a relationship that was the result of "Bad Timing" and agree with INFJ that things should have never got to where they got..take your responsibility for things not working.. see them take theirs.. and take their advice to make getting better about you and not them.. and then, NOT turning more and hostile as each day passes , Not taking less and less responsibility for how things panned out .. and not accusing the other of "ruining your life"

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

You know you're INFJ when you hurt more from the undercurrents than by the remark itself.

And sometimes you know logically that you shouldn't be upset, you are aware that other people don't think like that and they wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about if you confronted them about it.

"Don't be so sensitive" can feel like "you are such a weirdo."

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

Don't entirely agree with this...in my case anyway, I think there are a lot of areas where I'm very laid back and just don't have very strong feelings either way, BUT when I do have a strong opinion, people are going to hear about it for sure. I think there are some other types that are much more fickle, if I can use that word.

I do have a habit though of being swayed by very persuasive pieces of writing, ie. on political subjects. For example, I might read something extremely persuasive which convinces me that the Palestinians are the most oppressed people on the face of the earth, and the next week I read something equally persuasive and well written which makes me think the Palestinians don't have much to complain about and the Israelis have only done what they need to do... (sorry, I'm not meaning to start a debate about Israel-Palestine from this!!)

I just mean that sometimes I don't know what to think when the subject is not one of my areas of expertise, and both sides are highly persuasive, especially in writing.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISFP

You know you are not an INFJ.. when you believe in communication.. and stop assuming that everyone wont understand you.. especially if time and time again they have shown an uncanny ability to understand you..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Rabid View Post
    You know you are not an INFJ.. when you believe in communication.. and stop assuming that everyone wont understand you.. especially if time and time again they have shown an uncanny ability to understand you..
    I struggle to think of anyone who understands me beyond a superficial level, much less anyone with the uncanny ability to understand me--lol. The people who claim to 'understand' are usually the control freaks who try to mold me into this idealized image of me they have in their heads. The people who understand most are usually those who are willing to accept that they don't, as contradictory as that sounds.

I hate spiders but I could not kill one to save my life (exaggeration). I usually try to trap them and then throw them outside.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by firstjudge View Post
    I struggle to think of anyone who understands me beyond a superficial level, much less anyone with the uncanny ability to understand me--lol. The people who claim to 'understand' are usually the control freaks who try to mold me into this idealized image of me they have in their heads. The people who understand most are usually those who are willing to accept that they don't, as contradictory as that sounds.
    That's the whole point.. you are already convinced it is impossible.. So where does leave the person who want to understand you so badly??

I guess I might have been more specific ..in that I understand emotion .. and that includes an INFJ's .. the causes and reasons might be alien to me.. but the result is the same.. and the more I understood (it was confirmed I did) the more vulnerable she becomes.. The more steam the push/pull game picks up..
    the more the alienation grows..
    Is this healthy?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Rabid View Post
    I guess I might have been more specific ..in that I understand emotion .. and that includes an INFJ's .. the causes and reasons might be alien to me.. but the result is the same.. and the more I understood (it was confirmed I did) the more vulnerable she becomes.. The more steam the push/pull game picks up..
    the more the alienation grows..
    Is this healthy?
    For myself I really want my causes/reasons, and thoughts, to be *understood*. It's not enough for the person to just empathize/relate to the emotions themselves, I want them to understand - fully - WHY I'm feeling that way, and really get it, deep down. The emotion itself isn't terribly important to me - meaning, it's the root cause of the emotion that IS.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints