Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array mockingbird's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Every time I catch up with this thread it makes me smile, seeing similarities in others oddities that people in my life just don't get.
    I don't name spiders, I hate them with a passion. Although there is one outside of my door that I glare at every time I come home. I also talk to it, inform it that it's lucky to be alive and it better dang not come inside even if it is cold. I've decided not to kill it because I have the suspicion that his spider friends will retaliate by infiltrating my house.

I already know I'm nuts.
    Don't know that this has anything to do with being INFJ, but I can relate to the whole spider thing. I hate them terribly, but I am allowing a huge black and yellow one live at my doorway. It is alive because I suspect she is one of the offspring of the same spider that did me a considerable service last year. I would have eliminated that spider that lived next to my door last year but it kept catching and eating the wasps that would fly into my face whenever I opened the door....The enemy of my enemy is my friend. My gratitude has been extended to include, if not one of it's actual offspring, it's own kind. That spider doesn't know how darn lucky it is.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Star W View Post
    Don't know that this has anything to do with being INFJ, but I can relate to the whole spider thing. I hate them terribly, but I am allowing a huge black and yellow one live at my doorway. It is alive because I suspect she is one of the offspring of the same spider that did me a considerable service last year. I would have eliminated that spider that lived next to my door last year but it kept catching and eating the wasps that would fly into my face whenever I opened the door....The enemy of my enemy is my friend. My gratitude has been extended to include, if not one of it's actual offspring, it's own kind. That spider doesn't know how darn lucky it is.
    Its the NiFeTi working together to decide the best way to treat the spider.

'Okay its freaky, but it kills wasps, which are worse. It also might be the offspring of last year's spider.'

It isn't 'OMG SPIDAR KEEL IT!' (At least, not for long )
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

'Okay its freaky, but it kills wasps, which are worse. It also might be the offspring of last year's spider.'

I gather my bugs up in containers and toss them out. If they're outside I move them. Occasionally I have to step on one to keep it from scurrying under the sofa or something but generally I can't stand to kill things.

On the other hand when it comes to people like John Allen Muhammad, the beltway sniper who's going to be executed soon, I say 'fry the sucka!'

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    I gather my bugs up in containers and toss them out. If they're outside I move them. Occasionally I have to step on one to keep it from scurrying under the sofa or something but generally I can't stand to kill things.
    Haha, +1

I spent about 15 minutes once at a (really boring) gathering trying to get an enormous spider safely outside. One person had a broom and one other had a can of Raid. The broom I could have handled if it was necessary because it's quick and painless, but poisoning seemed barbaric to me. I'm pretty sure everyone else at the get together thought I was nuts.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would have RAIDed it, just because the sense of power and knowing another freaky thing has been killed.

I'm not against killing or eugenics. Why is the death sentence so expensive anyway? Arent bullets cheaper than food?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

I would have RAIDed it, just because the sense of power and knowing another freaky thing has been killed.

I'm not against killing or eugenics. Why is the death sentence so expensive anyway? Arent bullets cheaper than food?
    Ground glass and chlorine bleach doesn't cost hardly anything.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Nice, finally after all an infj bomb planter
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    INFJ

haha when I was a kid I used to catch ants and other undesireable bugs and toss them into the orb spiders webs and let them dispatch them. I would also catch them with my hands and release them in my fathers garden lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    You know you are an INFJ if you name the spider in your room that stares at you till you sleep at night, climbs the bed and sits on your face till you wake up as 'Benny'.

And you know you are an INFP if you catch the spider and kiss it to try and make it turn into a handsome, charming Prince.
    No INFP would do this. Seriously.
    <3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Star W View Post
    Agreed. I don't hate spiders, but I'm not in love with them either. Once there was a nice, fat brown house spider that lived under the AC unit in my dorm. My roommate wanted to kill it, but once I saw the first roach carcass sitting near its web, I told my roommate to let it stay. Besides, it's not like we saw it every day. It lived in the place we never, ever look, so I wasn't one to complain.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost