User Tag List

Page 204 of 235 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    You know you're INFJ when you get on everyone's nerves when they try to 'influence' you into doing something and you don't seem to budge.
    Amen to that!

I know a couple who have tried to bribe me to come along and do things their way by offering me upgraded plane tickets, telling me I can sleep in their RV on campouts, etc. If I don't want to go, none of this stuff matters to me. It bugs them that they can influence others so easily but not me.

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by trimonke View Post
    ^
    Thinking > writing > speaking
    And I like it just the way it is. If speaking was easier than writing, I'd HAVE to talk to someone anytime I wanted to explore a topic. I tend to rehash the same thing over and over again if all I do is think. Writing simply unlocks my stream of consciousness.

Of course, there's nothing quite like staring at the wall for an hour thinking of something. Pity I can't remember most of it.
    i find it the reverse. speaking > writing > thinking.

especially if i am speaking with someone with Ne (the more the better), the context is easier and they help aim me in the right direction and kind of ground what i say into something tangible (the conversation) while interpreting and opening up new possibilities for me in the moment. writing is second easiest bc your last thought is still in front of you so you don't have to waste any mental energy remember it, your fishing lure just gets bigger and bigger for that big catch of an idea. thinking is the most difficult bc the tools used to structure thought are not explicitly working, for me thinking is almost pure perception (just feeling the collisions of different energies, different networks lighting up, feeling the waves crashing together and activating in new and complexly interwoven ways). but the thinking part, the judgment often helps when i use an actual method. my unconscious Ti still works pretty well, tho, when i am on top of my game.

my first form of mental organization is with my mouth. when i write it sounds like i'm talking. both in reading and writing i actually mouth the words when my eyes get bogged down. i think it is easy to switch back and forth, but the tone of my "voice" is always very spoken, very talky.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i find it the reverse. speaking > writing > thinking.

especially if i am speaking with someone with Ne (the more the better), the context is easier and they help aim me in the right direction and kind of ground what i say into something tangible (the conversation) while interpreting and opening up new possibilities for me in the moment. writing is second easiest bc your last thought is still in front of you so you don't have to waste any mental energy remember it, your fishing lure just gets bigger and bigger for that big catch of an idea. thinking is the most difficult bc the tools used to structure thought are not explicitly working, for me thinking is almost pure perception (just feeling the collisions of different energies, different networks lighting up, feeling the waves crashing together and activating in new and complexly interwoven ways). but the thinking part, the judgment often helps when i use an actual method. my unconscious Ti still works pretty well, tho, when i am on top of my game.

my first form of mental organization is with my mouth. when i write it sounds like i'm talking. both in reading and writing i actually mouth the words when my eyes get bogged down. i think it is easy to switch back and forth, but the tone of my "voice" is always very spoken, very talky.
    Mental organization, yes, I relate very well, but when it comes to communicating thoughts besides just letting them come and go, writing is the best way to get them down. My mind likes to run in circles and when I try to say something important to someone it comes out in a garbled mess.

Definitely related to the Ne thing. my mind seems to be much more solid when I talk with my INTP friend. We're a pretty mean tagteam when it comes to building RPG worlds or just weird situations.

You know youre an INFJ when you have problems with interrupting people during conversations. I explain it that my mind works that if I dont use the thought NOW I'll lose it. Holding onto it is like holding onto a flailing toddler.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array mockingbird's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Mental

You know youre an INFJ when you have problems with interrupting people during conversations. I explain it that my mind works that if I dont use the thought NOW I'll lose it. Holding onto it is like holding onto a flailing toddler.
    I SO relate to this. I must interrupt when the thought comes to me, otherwise I will either be so focused on what I want to say that I can't pay attention to the other person in the conversation, or I will completely forget about what I wanted to say in order to listen to the person. I have an ENFP friend who just won't let me interrupt her, and by the time she finally asks me about what I wanted to say, I have forgotten it. The result is that our conversations are more like her monologueing and me listening...she's really not one of my better friends because of this.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    fool

... When the only place it feels perfectly normal to talk about these things is on a typology forum on a thread discussing them with other INFJs

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Mental organization, yes, I relate very well, but when it comes to communicating thoughts besides just letting them come and go, writing is the best way to get them down. My mind likes to run in circles and when I try to say something important to someone it comes out in a garbled mess.

Definitely related to the Ne thing. my mind seems to be much more solid when I talk with my INTP friend. We're a pretty mean tagteam when it comes to building RPG worlds or just weird situations.
    ok speech is ONLY true with Ne types. that is a necessary correction. or possibly other Ni doms. altho then we are ok not talking about anything but thinking all the while that we are actually made up of real matter/material/words. it doesn't have to be focused, whereas Ne brings it out into the world and locates something specific for us to jump off of.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

I interrupt. I try to hang in there to see if they're finished but it's difficult to tell when they are sometimes. Also, it doesn't take me long to figure out what they're going to say and it seems unnecessary for them to finish. People who talk slow and pause for long periods make it real difficult to judge if they're done.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    ok speech is ONLY true with Ne types. that is a necessary correction. or possibly other Ni doms. altho then we are ok not talking about anything but thinking all the while that we are actually made up of real matter/material/words. it doesn't have to be focused, whereas Ne brings it out into the world and locates something specific for us to jump off of.
    True, but even then I tend to say things that I feel stupid for later. Maybe keeping up with an Ne user mentally is something I should stop attempting
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

Every time I catch up with this thread it makes me smile, seeing similarities in others oddities that people in my life just don't get.
    I don't name spiders, I hate them with a passion. Although there is one outside of my door that I glare at every time I come home. I also talk to it, inform it that it's lucky to be alive and it better dang not come inside even if it is cold. I've decided not to kill it because I have the suspicion that his spider friends will retaliate by infiltrating my house.

I already know I'm nuts.

ByMySword

You know you're an INFJ when you're so deep in thought that you're expressionless.

People may tell you that you're the only person they can't read.