Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by trimonke View Post
    Verily.

I keep my memories in lots of little boxes, connected by string (to represent what affects what). A lot are locked (or at least hidden), and most are forgotten until I need them (random, forgotten, memories do sometimes pop up. I have this nagging doubt that maybe I've repressed certain memories from my past.) When I'm trying to understand behavior I feel like a librarian picking up and reading specific books. Except with boxes and string instead of books and the dewey system.

Hmm, I honestly can't recall much from that far back (or from any time in my past, really). It feels as if I understood it rather quickly, and at the same time I feel as if it took forever.

Something I've noticed from this post, I use brackets a lot to help organize tangents/extraneous ideas. And /'s help me paint a more complete picture, where one word won't do. Perhaps that's an INFJ thing (using brackets and slashes)?
    Well nowadays its when to use Sine Cosine, Tangent, and logarithms. I need to know the inner workings of the idea and when and how to use them before they make sense. Otherwise I am not sure at ALL if I'm doing it right.

When organizing something complicated I kind of follow the flowchart in my mind, connecting different ideas together. The problem is that these flowcharts cant really be 'drawn' because there is no real shape, only the feeling of 'thereness.'
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    When organizing something complicated I kind of follow the flowchart in my mind, connecting different ideas together. The problem is that these flowcharts cant really be 'drawn' because there is no real shape, only the feeling of 'thereness.'
    That makes sense. I can't really define my boxes. I simply know they're there, and they're connected. I just follow the strings.

INFJ's like to play with causality, in the same way small children like to play with building blocks.
    I am, and that is sufficient.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

That makes sense. I can't really define my boxes. I simply know they're there, and they're connected. I just follow the strings.

INFJ's have a fairly intimate relationship with causality.
    My weird humor of words comes through that. Someone says something and something pops into my mind that I think is witty. I say it and then realize it was totally backwards outside of my head. My mouth isn't effective enough to extravert my mental concepts.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INFJ

^
    Thinking > writing > speaking
    And I like it just the way it is. If speaking was easier than writing, I'd HAVE to talk to someone anytime I wanted to explore a topic. I tend to rehash the same thing over and over again if all I do is think. Writing simply unlocks my stream of consciousness.

Of course, there's nothing quite like staring at the wall for an hour thinking of something. Pity I can't remember most of it.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

^
    Thinking > writing > speaking
    And I like it just the way it is. If speaking was easier than writing, I'd HAVE to talk to someone anytime I wanted to explore a topic. I tend to rehash the same thing over and over again if all I do is think. Writing simply unlocks my stream of consciousness.

Of course, there's nothing quite like staring at the wall for an hour thinking of something. Pity I can't remember most of it.
    Word.

Writing is an activity that can pass the ego (the part of my brain that likes to run in circles) and get flashes of ideas and use them quickly, at least as sidenotes.

I talk much better to myself than to others for some reason.

-Nightwish

MBTI
    INFJ

^
    Yes, talking to myself helps too.

However, mispronounced words tend to 'taste' wrong. This is a fairly new oddity for me, and I'm not sure why it happens. It sounds a bit like synesthesia, but I'm certain it's something else. Maybe it's got something to do with my/our affinity for words? (It's probably something much simpler, and only affects me. But it's still very cool.)

I'm certain I'm going to end up a crazy old man.

You're probably an INFJ if you think your eccentricities are cool, and wouldn't give them up for anything.

You see disintegration as a breakdown of mental cohesion, not as a reduction to dust. Or is it just me?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Word.
    I talk much better to myself than to others for some reason.
    Me too. I only wish what goes on in my head would come out of my mouth the same way. How can everything be so controlled and concise inside my head then suddenly scramble itself going out the door?

MBTI
    INFJ

Yay, I'm done with all 200 pages.

You know you're an INFJ if:

You spend hours, days, even weeks deciding between two options. You analyze each and every argument that comes into your head, read everything you feel is relevant on the subject and choose one. 5 minutes later, you can't remember why you chose what you did but you'll stick to it no matter what. Unless some new, unprocessed tidbit of information comes along. Then you've gotta start all over again. (On a side note, you don't remember your arguments, but can instantly identify an idea as new)

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Yay, I'm done with all 200 pages.

You know you're an INFJ if:

You spend hours, days, even weeks deciding between two options. You analyze each and every argument that comes into your head, read everything you feel is relevant on the subject and choose one. 5 minutes later, you can't remember why you chose what you did but you'll stick to it no matter what. Unless some new, unprocessed tidbit of information comes along. Then you've gotta start all over again. (On a side note, you don't remember your arguments, but can instantly identify an idea as new)

You've realized that the wanting something is far more satisfying than actually getting it. In fact, you've had a vague understanding of this since you quite young.
    Wow! I read the entire threads too!

You know you're INFJ when you get on everyone's nerves when they try to 'influence' you into doing something and you don't seem to budge.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm certain I'm going to end up a crazy old man.

You're probably an INFJ if you think your eccentricities are cool, and wouldn't give them up for anything.
    I've thought of myself as the 'crazy awesome grampa that hasnt grown old yet'

You know you're INFJ when you get on everyone's nerves when they try to 'influence' you into doing something and you don't seem to budge.
    Even if it's a good thing: "Yes I know it will be good for me in the end, but it is still change. Let me take my own time." if it's bad for me it's more of a: "Quit trying, you have not seen my complete stubbornness yet. Woe to those who have."

-Nightwish