Page 194 of 235 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Depends on what one means by "living" service. I enjoy the rich aesthetics of more traditional services.

Here's a wonderful overview of what I'm talking about:
    To me, the aesthetics of a traditional church setting just show how much money the church has. I would rather go to a bland looking church that had a flowing spirit than a richly beautiful church that feels stagnant.

Granted I grew up in a Pentecostal setting so I'm heavily biased
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

You know you're INFJ when:

...you can do 3 hour solitary walks and your friends and family thinks you're crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    Using Christianity as an example, you put more faith on your judgment of the Bible in context than you do your minister's hour-and-a-half-long Sunday Morning sermon.

If you can plug your religion into the above, you're probably an INFJ.
    You are propabaly an INFJ when your religion just "feels" right to you and your radical atheist friend's argument that faith and God just don't make any logical sense make you think: "So what?"

There is a very good quote about that from Christian author Donald Miller (who is most likely an INFP): "My most recent faith struggle is not one of intellect. I don't really do that anymore... I don't believe I will ever walk away from God for intellectual reasons... If I walk away from Him I will walk away for social reasons, identity reasons, deep emotional reasons, the same reasons that any of us do anything."

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    You know you're INFJ when:

...you can do 3 hour solitary walks and your friends and family thinks you're crazy.
    They wouldn't wonder why a particular branch on a tree decided to diverge in it's odd direction. They wouldn't find the beauty in the pattern the shadows make on an old wood fence. They wouldn't ponder how it became that a flower managed to squeeze up between the crack in an uneven sidewalk. They wouldn't laugh when one squirrel chases another through the trees. They wouldn't be curious about the air currents causing the odd pattern in contrails. They wouldn't delight in a cool breeze against their face. They wouldn't experience the juicy scenarios and dialogs that result from one thought transforming into another and they wouldn't feel the tragedy or the comedy resulting from this. They wouldn't know the sense of renewal upon their return.

Yes, you are crazy! Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Why waste that 3 hours when instead you could be stationed deep into the sofa watching golf, sleeping until 1 PM, eating another hoagie, playing video games, texting people, talking on the phone, involved in a heated discussion about Obama's Cash for Clunkers program.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    They wouldn't wonder why a particular branch on a tree decided to diverge in it's odd direction. They wouldn't find the beauty in the pattern the shadows make on an old wood fence. They wouldn't ponder how it became that a flower managed to squeeze up between the crack in an uneven sidewalk. They wouldn't laugh when one squirrel chases another through the trees. They wouldn't be curious about the air currents causing the odd pattern in contrails. They wouldn't delight in a cool breeze against their face. They wouldn't experience the juicy scenarios and dialogs that result from one thought transforming into another and they wouldn't feel the tragedy or the comedy resulting from this. They wouldn't know the sense of renewal upon their return.

Yes, you are crazy! Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Why waste that 3 hours when instead you could be stationed deep into the sofa watching golf, sleeping until 1 PM, eating another hoagie, playing video games, texting people, talking on the phone, involved in a heated discussion about Obama's Cash for Clunkers program.
    we should organize an INFJ (and anyone who's willing to join, for that matter) Walk the World

don't ask for any realistic details because i'm not going to think further than this.
    oh.. wait.
    it's just like being human, only thousands of years ago...

you know you're an INFJ when you secretly, or not so secretly, yearn for the Archaic Revival to transform your entire landscape
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    You are propabaly an INFJ when your religion just "feels" right to you and your radical atheist friend's argument that faith and God just don't make any logical sense make you think: "So what?"

There is a very good quote about that from Christian author Donald Miller (who is most likely an INFP): "My most recent faith struggle is not one of intellect. I don't really do that anymore... I don't believe I will ever walk away from God for intellectual reasons... If I walk away from Him I will walk away for social reasons, identity reasons, deep emotional reasons, the same reasons that any of us do anything."
    This is it.

I didnt take 3 hour walks because I had videogames to play. Now the idea seems more tempting since I dont have videogames anymore. And since it's Finland close to the winter, I can have 'night' walks during the 'day!' I love the ambience of streetlamps on a clear night.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    This is it.

I didnt take 3 hour walks because I had videogames to play. Now the idea seems more tempting since I dont have videogames anymore. And since it's Finland close to the winter, I can have 'night' walks during the 'day!' I love the ambience of streetlamps on a clear night.
    OK everybody, the INFJ nightly soul walk will be held in Finland. Skyward officiating
    Last edited by lillyofthevalley; 09-05-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: change the wording

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes, I agree with this (more or less.) I'm a Christian, and one of the reasons I think I used to lean much more towards being an NT than I do now was that I used to think I could overcome the objections of non-believing friends and acquaintances with the use of logic alone. Those type of arguments ended up being quite destructive for everyone involved, so I don't go down that road any more. It's one thing if you can keep at the level of civil discussion - but I just don't do arguments any more.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yes, I think that while it's important to have a solid basis for your faith and be able to discuss it in a thoughtful way with others, there is an element of faith that will never be won by logic alone, even if logical discussions on the subject are respectful and not heated. There is another element there that if it isn't affected, there never will be faith on the other person's part.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Are you sure he's an INFP? Seemed to me that all of his vices and struggles and frustrations that he explicated in Blue Like Jazz are NT things, as per PUMII. IMO, he's an INTJ who developed Fi later in life (in his college years, he seems prototypically NT).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis