Page 192 of 235 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You're not conventional enough to be an ISFJ, but too subtle and socially aware to be an INTJ.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    However, it was so deathly boring that I quickly gave up on the whole idea of to-do lists. Now I just do whatever, and I'm much happier.

Which reminds me, those old to-do lists are in one of these boxes, and I should really just toss them.
    You know you're infj when you hear someone talk about giving up on to-do lists and/or even throwing piles of them away, and part of you dies a little inside.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    You know you're infj when you hear someone talk about giving up on to-do lists and/or even throwing piles of them away, and part of you dies a little inside.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Oh, and you know you're an INFJ when you plan to be spontaneous. And you schedule it on your to-do list. Hehe.

Like. 8am- Read for school

9am- Be spontanenous/Do anything
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's hilarious! Just to give a point of almost-but-not-quite-INFJ comparison, here's my "pocket engagement book" (since I fear that I'd break a PDA) for the last week:

2009-08-27: Tu Fawning + Inside Voices @ Doug Fir @ 2000 (2100) for $8
    2009-08-29: Talkdemonic + Church + Deelay Ceelay @ Mississippi Studios @ 2000 (2100) for $12
    2009-08-30: Jared Mees & TGC + Y La Bamba @ Rontoms @ 2000 for Free

I ultimately decided on the middle one. (There were implicit question marks for which one I would choose.) And I had a blast! The first opener actually has their EP available as a free download if you're interested.

I did a lot of other stuff that week. It's just that I only thing I bothered to explicitly plan was my special playtime, not my worktime or freetime.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    You know you're infj when you have so many to-do lists floating around that you need to make a 'master list' of the sub-lists in order to prioritize them.

And occasionally a mega-master list becomes necessary.
    This is so true!!! I'm a regular list-maniac. It's all about perfecting the list and getting everything on it!

And I actually do this with ideas that I have as well. All these bits and pieces of ideas that float around in my mind, if I write them down there's this bunch of papers or there's a file in my computer with ideas that don't seem to connect at first glance which need to be organized. So, I constantly write things over again on new papers/files. It helps me to organize things and eventually it all makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by whatusername View Post
    Oh, and you know you're an INFJ when you plan to be spontaneous. And you schedule it on your to-do list. Hehe.

Haha. Yes! Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by whatusername View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.

You know you're INFJ when your plans to be "spontaneous" often involve philosophy and/or education. E.g. you plan to be spontaneous by going to an agricultural museum, and then maybe taking a trip over to a nearby art gallery before meeting your group of friends at a Mexican restaurant across the street from the theater where they had JUST seen District 9.

And the best you can come up with to chime in is the average diameter of an adult stallion's taters. And how it relates to that one Scottish painter's peculiar art style.

Thank God this never happened to me.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I havent bothered with that kind of a list, I would turn into a nervous wreck if I missed a single thing or am late. So I just act spontaneous within a loose routine or schedule.

I basically led a volunteer group of servers during a school lunch, it was kind of harrowing and fun being so active without pause. Also my inner control freak was enjoying himself. I do believe my Se is more developed (With both good and bad things from that.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    You know you're INFJ when your plans to be "spontaneous" often involve philosophy and/or education. E.g. you plan to be spontaneous by going to an agricultural museum, and then maybe taking a trip over to a nearby art gallery before meeting your group of friends at a Mexican restaurant across the street from the theater where they had JUST seen District 9.

And the best you can come up with to chime in is the average diameter of an adult stallion's taters. And how it relates to that one Scottish painter's peculiar art style.

Thank God this never happened to me.
    Hahaha.

Yes. And yes. And then some.

My spontaneous moments often involve a museum of some sort, or second hand book shops/LP stores. They involve such places because I plannedm y spontaneity, you see. Hehe.
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

My spontaneous trips involve knowing when I'm starting and knowing when I'll be home. Every little town has something interesting, even if the local people don't think there is anything there. There are fire towers to look out from, rock exhibits, corn mazes, farmer's markets, ancient churches, places to park by rivers to watch men fish...backed by interesting stories. These are as interesting to me as major art exhibits in metropolitan areas. When it's time to eat l always ask where the best mom and pop restaurant is that all the local people go to, this is where the best food is and the waitress knows all the regulars that come in, if you're lucky you can overhear conversations about the latest news from the farm, etc.

Because this is MY plan, I only do these weekenders with someone I know who's willing to wing it the same way as me. If the person I'm with causes me to stop in stores, stick to the main roads, etc. I get resentful.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I havent bothered with that kind of a list, I would turn into a nervous wreck if I missed a single thing or am late. So I just act spontaneous within a loose routine or schedule.
    This is my overall way of doing things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    My spontaneous trips involve knowing when I'm starting and knowing when I'll be home. Every little town has something interesting, even if the local people don't think there is anything there. There are fire towers to look out from, rock exhibits, corn mazes, farmer's markets, ancient churches, places to park by rivers to watch men fish...backed by interesting stories. These are as interesting to me as major art exhibits in metropolitan areas. When it's time to eat l always ask where the best mom and pop restaurant is that all the local people go to, this is where the best food is and the waitress knows all the regulars that come in, if you're lucky you can overhear conversations about the latest news from the farm, etc.

Because this is MY plan, I only do these weekenders with someone I know who's willing to wing it the same way as me. If the person I'm with causes me to stop in stores, stick to the main roads, etc. I get resentful.

+1 This is very much how I prefer to do things whenever I travel or visit places. Very often I'll have a general idea of what I'd like to see, but any specific plans are usually overcomed by how events play out - which is not to my disliking actually. Like I just said above, I prefer a very loose form of scheduling and organizing.