User Tag List

Page 190 of 235 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Sniffles

Concerning Hitler, this maybe of interest:
    The feminine side of his character, labeled 'bohemian', 'intuitive' and 'artistic', was obvious to those who knew him. Otto Dietrich put it this way: 'By nature Hitler was a bohemian. He allowed himself to be guided almost exclusively by emotional considerations...He often said that a single brilliant idea was more valuable than a whole lifetime of conscientious office work.'

Even the uncritical Below had to admit being befuddled by his Führer's manifest contradictions. In his opinion, Hitler was victim of two conflicting drives. On the one hand he was an artist, with the artist's love of freedom and his reliance on intuition and inspiration. On the other hand he believed, like Rienzi, that he had no choice but to sacrifice himself to save his fatherland. The aesthetic impulse, Below maintained, could never be reconciled with the demands of state. Fritz Wiedemann put it less poetically. Hitler, he said, liked to believe that 'problems resolve themselves', and he therefore simp;y let troublesome matters slide. In any case with the passage of time these various characteristics became more pronounced. 'The surer Hitler felt in the possession of power,' according to Fest, 'the more conspicuously his old bohemian traits came to the fore, his laspes into torpor, his moodiness.' The point was repeatedly confirmed in Goebbel's diaries. Far from being the invariably firm, decisive dictator that he appeared publicly to be, Hitler could often be a dilatory and wavering leader.
    --Frederic Spotts, Hitler and the Power of Aesthetics pg.92-93

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    Really? And you were there in the bunker with him when you bothered to ask?

In the latter end of WWII, Hitler's empire was in ruins, and his surviving victims were calling for his execution. When the Allied troops got to him, he'd have to sit through tribunals waiting for governments to make up their minds on whether to hang him or fry him in an electric chair, then which country to give the honors to. Killing himself with a revolver took only a few seconds, and all he had to do was pull the trigger. He was dead either way, so...BANG! War's over.
    No, I wasn't there, were you? Your opinion of Hitler's last day isn't much different than mine. All of this is conjecture.

"He was dodging the public humiliation and recrimination for his deeds, he was a self indulgent syphilitic sicko without his yes-men and he knew what was in store for him. He most likely thought a bullet to the brain would be 'dying with his boots on'. He probably fantasized that he would become a martyr for the cause. I don't believe he was INFJ."

Okay, off the subject of Hitler and back to my original point...

Murder is a high-risk, low-reward undertaking, making it run counter to an INFJ's risk-aversive nature. An INFJ under normal circumstances will be more prone to internalize his anger and pretend the offense never took place rather than seek revenge and have it bite him in the ass later.

That said, if you watch The Mentalist and somehow guess what the title character will do next, you might be INFJ.

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post

That said, if you watch The Mentalist and somehow guess what the title character will do next, you might be INFJ.
    I love that show.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Senior Member Array Valuable_Money's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Sure looks like an INFJ seen through the moral-less ENTP lens
    Im not without morals, its just that my morals are... Adaptable to the situation
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Im not without morals, its just that my morals are... Adaptable to the situation
    So are most INFJ Morals. They just don't tell you this
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Here’s one…

You know you’re an INFJ when you’ve had jobs which demand an unusually high level of expertise with language and writing, among other things, and which many/most people would consider extremely difficult and challenging…but when you look at a busy waiter or waitress, their job looks more difficult than anything you have ever done! The constant rushing too and fro, remembering people’s orders (with or without writing them down), keeping track of your tables…aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! I have so much admiration for a skilled table server!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Concerning Hitler, this maybe of interest:

--Frederic Spotts, Hitler and the Power of Aesthetics pg.92-93
    sounds like an ENFJ to me to be honest

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Jed and Ellie Mae Clampet are INFJ.

You know you're an INFJ if one of the questions you ask when negotiating installation of a security system in your house is "Now, does it come with infrared sensors and semi-automatic defense turrets, or does it just make a bunch of noise and call your home office?"

If you're talented at asking the above question as a joke; it's a serious question, but the technician you're asking will never know.