Page 188 of 235 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    If your avatar in online virtual worlds such as Second Life is a furry or some other non-human character because the human models give you the creeps.
    Well, Second Life human models ARE rather creepy. Though I only ever played that game for a couple of hours before the marauding creeps hitting on my avatar irritated me and the general desolation of the gaem world bored me.

But yeah, in Oblivion I end up choosing beast races because I think the human/elf races unnerve me and don't look right for me to be able to like staring at them all the time and understanding that "that's my character".
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

ByMySword

Cool

And I'll bet that when you break that rule and get what everyone else got, you feel like you've just bartered your soul to the Devil for about fifteen minutes afterward.
    Yes.

We must be unique, damn it!!! Different from the rest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Well, Second Life human models ARE rather creepy. Though I only ever played that game for a couple of hours before the marauding creeps hitting on my avatar irritated me and the general desolation of the gaem world bored me.

But yeah, in Oblivion I end up choosing beast races because I think the human/elf races unnerve me and don't look right for me to be able to like staring at them all the time and understanding that "that's my character".
    On the SL being desolate: That's because the people on it devote their time to 1) a life offline (a "first life." Get it? Yeah, I thought it was lame when they said it, too) and/or 2) World of Warcraft.

I get chills looking at any human character model that's been made to look live-action. It's even worse in video games, where the resulting "person" moves and talks just like these Japanese androids.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig7qmddOq4s"]Lifelike Androids[/YOUTUBE]

They look real, but they're movements and speech are definitely mechanical, and there's no soul at all in their eyes. Close, but no cigar.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFj

I saw the movie via IMAX. I nodded off a couple of times mid way through the movie then had to leave early because the noise was getting on my last nerve.
    You mean the disconnected mishmash of events that functioned as a "plot", nonexistent acting, and robotic borderline racist caricatures of "gangsta" black people weren't enough to keep you awake?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you start to type on a post, but know that once you do, you'll constantly have to go back and check up on it in order to defend/explain yourself or your views. Since this would be way too mentally vexing/tiresome, you decide to not post at all.
    *points to her SN*

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Idealist View Post
    You mean the disconnected mishmash of events that functioned as a "plot", nonexistent acting, and robotic borderline racist caricatures of "gangsta" black people weren't enough to keep you awake?
    You're right, "gangsta"...as if! No plot. The movie was slightly fuzzy on the IMAX screen. It was like I was in some psychological experiment, CG style. Total sensory overload. Too bad, I really liked the first movie.

Senior Member Array Valuable_Money's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Youve carried out a series of murders based on the seven deadly sins.

Your an inkblot themed super hero/violent vigilante.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Coincidentally...

If your friends and/or family ROFL at the latest doper comedy, but you're still sitting on the sofa wondering what the hell's so funny, much less how any part of what these guys just did was even remotely funny. Yet you'll laugh just as hard at nerds raging online.

So true. I like subtle comedy that makes me think a little first, either that or off the wall unexpected pratfall stuff like the squirrel that jumps out of the Christmas tree in 'Christmas Vacation.' However, my DBF can watch the same stupid crap like those 'Airplane' movies over and over and he laughs just as hard each time. Huh?? When he sees that I'm not laughing (although I might be amused) he wonders if I don't get the jist of the joke. Yes, I tell him, it's just that it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post

1) The INFJ moral compass is so sensitive that one (ONE) mistranslated comment can effectively halt future dealings with that person, even to ask forgiveness. Murdering even ONE person in cold blood would render an INFJ unable to live with himself, driving him to every form of self-indulgence he can think of to drown the guilt, and eventually to suicide when everything he tries proves fruitless.

An INFJ would never harm another human being unless he felt he had good reason to.

2) No INFJ would make himself a bit-rate assassin-for-hire, not even one made of ink.

If I'm the hero, I'm going to be the keen-eyed captain who keeps the heavy artillery primed and ready to fire on demand. If a villain shows up riding a war beast to kidnap a political leader I'm honor-guarding, I'm shooting him off his mount and curb-stomping him while the guy running on six pints of caff goes to work on the beast.. If I'm locked in mortal combat with a bad guy and I spy a wrench, it's going into my opponent's forehead as hard and as often as my stamina and the wrench's integrity will allow.

If I'm the villain, I'm going to be the mastermind bent on world conquest. Even then, the actual conquest won't even be in my top five priorities. I reserve those for:

1) Securing my person.
    2) Securing my operations.
    3) Building manpower.
    4) Raising capital.
    5) Securing communications.

If I'm neutral, it's because I decided to start my own operation independent of the two main contenders.

3) No INFJ will waste resources on any elaborate project when there are feasible existing alternatives at his disposal. If he can put his entire army in battle armors and military dojos at a fraction of the cost of one liquid assassin or genetic super soldier, he'll have an army of armored martial artists at his command.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post

Sure looks like an INFJ seen through the moral-less ENTP lens

Without their moral compass, INFJs are just lobotomized INTJs.

Oh and Rorschach from Watchmen was awesome. (His inkblot mask would be pretty cool to have)

You know youre an INFJ when sometimes you feel isolated from reality, especially when there are many new things coming at you.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.