Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Idealist View Post
    So sad, and yet so true.

You know you're an INFJ when you got dragged in with a few "friends" (more like begrudging acquaintances) to see the second Transformers movie, thought it was a completely idiotic train wreck of a film with overdone special effects and absolutely no plausibility or substance in the storyline, with one obnoxiously bad joke/asinine situation followed by another, and made that opinion known to said "friends" (and only because they sort of prodded it out of you, already expecting you to have hated it). Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity). When you come home, your manly-man dad finds out you (surprise!) didn't like the movie, and similarly interprets this as evidence that you despise every little thing on this earth that moves, except he knows you better (or thinks he does) and also lets you know this as further evidence that the rest of your life is going to be EPIC FAIL. The next day you examine the Rotten Tomatoes page for Transformers 2, see that the vast majority of movie critics have exactly the same opinion of this stinker as you do, and feel somewhat vindicated. Ultimately, though, this is no consolation, since nobody frankly ever cared in the first place.

*Sigh* End of rant...
    Yeah.

It's not like I consciously pick a movie apart though... I just come out hating it and not really knowing how to explain why - and not really caring to. Thank the heavenlies for RT!!! I know I'm gonna adore a movie if RT loves it AND it's a box office hit. There are probably only one or two films I like that RT doesn't speak too well of.

I think INFJ's tend to have high standards for everything though
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

So sad, and yet so true.

You know you're an INFJ when you got dragged in with a few "friends" (more like begrudging acquaintances) to see the second Transformers movie, thought it was a completely idiotic train wreck of a film with overdone special effects and absolutely no plausibility or substance in the storyline, with one obnoxiously bad joke/asinine situation followed by another, and made that opinion known to said "friends" (and only because they sort of prodded it out of you, already expecting you to have hated it). Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity). When you come home, your manly-man dad finds out you (surprise!) didn't like the movie, and similarly interprets this as evidence that you despise every little thing on this earth that moves, except he knows you better (or thinks he does) and also lets you know this as further evidence that the rest of your life is going to be EPIC FAIL. The next day you examine the Rotten Tomatoes page for Transformers 2, see that the vast majority of movie critics have exactly the same opinion of this stinker as you do, and feel somewhat vindicated. Ultimately, though, this is no consolation, since nobody frankly ever cared in the first place.

*Sigh* End of rant...
    I saw the movie via IMAX. I nodded off a couple of times mid way through the movie then had to leave early because the noise was getting on my last nerve.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

You wonder why your plants are always dieing not knowing your entp boyfriend periodically sleeps drunk on your balcony, killing all the plants with his stench, missing you cause you have to work far away.

I'll shut down now the laptop battery is empty aswell, gn8
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You get so involved with and concerned for TV/movie characters you sometimes stop yourself mid prayer when you suddenly remember they're fictional

... that being followed by intense relief.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

When you'll never tell anyone about the issues you're having with your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse because of fear that others will judge you for putting up with them.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    YES! Or when you've actually managed to post something, you delete it in order to avoid the complications.

The Fluff Zone is all nice and comfy
    i thought it was just me. you know you are infj when you check back in and have to pysche yourself up to check your recent posts, for fear of confrontation on said posts. i should just delete instead. thanks.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity)....
    my enfp friend and her husband started mocking me one day about 'hating everything.' it completely took me by surprise because i am actually very open-minded about most everything. but i realize i really do have strong opinions and very high standards about things.......one day in conversation at their house, i had said how much dr seuss books freaked me out as a kid, how i hated to use sunscreen, and one or two other things i can't remember. when i checked back into facebook evidently i had inspired them to send me a song called, "i hate everything." haha. i was very taken aback. fwiw, my father always thought i was going to be an EPIC FAIL too because i quit playing basketball in 9th grade (i was pretty good) to do other things. i wasn't.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    When you'll never tell anyone about the issues you're having with your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse because of fear that others will judge you for putting up with them.
    lol yes. An add to that:

Or you don't tell them because it makes the SO sound horrible and you know they're better than that. Some people tend to remember the bad things and you don't want them thinking those thoughts about your SO, so you stay quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    Coincidentally...

For the guys, if you respond to the question "Does this dress make my butt look fat?" by asking for the dress size. You're not saying yay or nay; you're buying time while you put together a polite way of saying "I don't care. Please use the mirrors provided and be your own judge."

If your friends and/or family ROFL at the latest doper comedy, but you're still sitting on the sofa wondering what the hell's so funny, much less how any part of what these guys just did was even remotely funny. Yet you'll laugh just as hard at nerds raging online.

If your avatar in online virtual worlds such as Second Life is a furry or some other non-human character because the human models give you the creeps.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    If your friends and/or family ROFL at the latest doper comedy, but you're still sitting on the sofa wondering what the hell's so funny, much less how any part of what these guys just did was even remotely funny. Yet you'll laugh just as hard at nerds raging online.
    That's true for me as well. Whenever I get into a situation like this, there's this awkward look on my face while others are laughing. This either stays like that or I start laughing at THEM for laughing so hard and it turns out to be fun for all (I might not let them know that I'm laughing AT them)