User Tag List

Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatusername View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you think to yourself, "Why are people placing such a premium on 'being an INFJ', like it's such a good thing or that I'm such a good person because I am one? I'm capable of evil, too, you know. And INFJs are no better than any other type."

And then of course, before an INFJ goes to sleep: "The world could end tomorrow and it really wouldn't matter if you ESTP, or INFJ, or ISFJ. Night!"

(Then the stripe of light under the door will bother you. [I think I read that somewhere in this thread.])
    INFJs are different, we always knew we were different but we didn't know why. This thread is fun because we can identify with the funny little things that might be common for our type and I, for one, feel a little comforted by that.
    INFJs are better than other types at some things and not at others. Do I think I am better than other types? I can think that way if I want to...sure, why the hell not!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

When instead of calling a jerk a dirty word you invent something silly to call them like a cranky-weenie-poopoo-brain, and it cracks you up.

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You know you are an infj when you go through periods of not wanting or believing you are an infj.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

- When listening to the noob pitch a fit over his microphone in a multiplayer match is more fun than the game itself. (And you miss them when the hosting player finally gets around to kicking them from it.)

- When you sit down at your computer and put your earbuds in, and a half-hour later you realize there's nothing playing through them. (Wait...crap...*starts up iTunes*)

- When you get around to starting up your computer's music player, start on a song you like, and when it finishes you skip 6-7 tracks before another favorite starts. And this is in your "Favorites" playlist. (*Pushes "skip forward." Twice*)

- When you buy a movie's soundtrack album after hearing the music over the closing credits. And that's the only song you ever listen to from it, even after ripping it into your music library. (*Skips his seventh track* meh, I'm up for some Clapton at the moment...)

- When you have a habit of skipping to the next track when the song you're listening to gets down to the last 45 seconds. (*skip*...GAH!)

- Your wardrobe is usually whatever you darn well please, so long as you feel comfortable wearing it in public.

- You also don't understand the fuss about designer clothing. You can look just as good in a pair of $15 jeans and a $7 T-shirt, and you can just toss 'em in the washer and add detergent.

- You are frequently agitated by movies who insist on simply repackaging the same story with different characters. No, scratch that. They're the same characters, just repainted to look different, with certain basic attributes rearranged to add variety.

Citing an example, I'm frequently annoyed at the terrible treatment toward movies involving dragons. Most dragon stories I've seen use the same obsolete formula of cardboard characters given subpar acting jobs (from even the world's best actors!), all following the same cookie-cutter plotlines, all the while giving minimal effort to focus the attention to the story's main focus: the cut-rate-special-effects dragon. Hollywood is more than capable of creating a blockbuster movie with an original story and CGI dragons rendered using the processing power that went into the Transformers movies. They can make dragons that could easily beat Dragonheart's Draco. They prove that multiple times every year.

So why are dragons, by far among the highest-potential subjects in fiction, being relegated to entertaining kids and nerds with films and cartoons that only barely manage to scratch past "mediocre" status?

Now that I've derailed by own train of thought, I think I should stop there.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    When instead of calling a jerk a dirty word you invent something silly to call them like a cranky-weenie-poopoo-brain, and it cracks you up.
    Hahaha! And for me I'd rather say,"What the fish!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    You know you are an infj when you go through periods of not wanting or believing you are an infj.
    So true. I'm going through this, right now.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by MFJAGgernaut-B View Post
    - When listening to the noob pitch a fit over his microphone in a multiplayer match is more fun than the game itself. (And you miss them when the hosting player finally gets around to kicking them from it.)

- When you sit down at your computer and put your earbuds in, and a half-hour later you realize there's nothing playing through them. (Wait...crap...*starts up iTunes*)

- When you get around to starting up your computer's music player, start on a song you like, and when it finishes you skip 6-7 tracks before another favorite starts. And this is in your "Favorites" playlist. (*Pushes "skip forward." Twice*)

- When you buy a movie's soundtrack album after hearing the music over the closing credits. And that's the only song you ever listen to from it, even after ripping it into your music library. (*Skips his seventh track* meh, I'm up for some Clapton at the moment...)

- When you have a habit of skipping to the next track when the song you're listening to gets down to the last 45 seconds. (*skip*...GAH!)

- Your wardrobe is usually whatever you darn well please, so long as you feel comfortable wearing it in public.

- You also don't understand the fuss about designer clothing. You can look just as good in a pair of $15 jeans and a $7 T-shirt, and you can just toss 'em in the washer and add detergent.

- You are frequently agitated by movies who insist on simply repackaging the same story with different characters. No, scratch that. They're the same characters, just repainted to look different, with certain basic attributes rearranged to add variety.

Citing an example, I'm frequently annoyed at the terrible treatment toward movies involving dragons. Most dragon stories I've seen use the same obsolete formula of cardboard characters given subpar acting jobs (from even the world's best actors!), all following the same cookie-cutter plotlines, all the while giving minimal effort to focus the attention to the story's main focus: the cut-rate-special-effects dragon. Hollywood is more than capable of creating a blockbuster movie with an original story and CGI dragons rendered using the processing power that went into the Transformers movies. They can make dragons that could easily beat Dragonheart's Draco. They prove that multiple times every year.

So why are dragons, by far among the highest-potential subjects in fiction, being relegated to entertaining kids and nerds with films and cartoons that only barely manage to scratch past "mediocre" status?

Now that I've derailed by own train of thought, I think I should stop there.
    Sounds right to me I read in a comedy book that people are willing to shell out just to have a certain 'look.' I suppose they aren't creative enough to have that look using a belt-sander? Oh well I just wear a T Shirt and Jeans anyway and I think I look good.

Also, dragons are generally antagonists or flavor the hero's abilities. Everyone knows movies are all about the hero overcoming something. Its the American Way (tm). That's part of why I don't watch movies.

You know you're an INFJ when you can stare at yourself in the mirror thinking: "Dang I'm hawt" and "Dang I'm vain" and then find yourself in a picture and HATE how you look in it.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you can stare at yourself in the mirror thinking: "Dang I'm hawt" and "Dang I'm vain" and then find yourself in a picture and HATE how you look in it.
    This is so true!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

When it nags you all day long that you forgot to put your earrings in.

When you spend an hour making sure everything looks perfect only to find out when you get to work that you forgot to zip your fly.

You have buyers remorse before you make the purchase.

You keep all your receipts, except the one you need.

You constantly make notes then don't read them, but usually you remember it anyway.

You worry about the stuff that's in your pet's food but you eat junk.

When your brother was going to get a spanking, you cried and pleaded with your dad to spare him, but that didn't stop you from slapping him on a regular basis.

You were the little mouse at school that nobody noticed but at home your relatives wondered if you would live to see 20, or if you would end up in jail some day.

You have trouble falling asleep because your mind is in overdrive.

When someone is telling you something and they say it wrong, you don't feel it's necessary to correct them because you know what they mean but it drives you nuts when they correct you.

You are all about the principle and secondary on the details.

Drama Queens and attention-getter's are disgusting.

You know everybody's birthday, unfortunately that is the day you buy the card to send and you spend an hour at Hallmark reading every one.

People say little remarks like, "I knew if I asked you I would get a straight answer" or "I knew I could count on you to know", and it always surprises you because it feels like you don't know diddly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    When it nags you all day long that you forgot to put your earrings in.

When you spend an hour making sure everything looks perfect only to find out when you get to work that you forgot to zip your fly.

You have buyers remorse before you make the purchase.

You keep all your receipts, except the one you need.

You constantly make notes then don't read them, but usually you remember it anyway.

You worry about the stuff that's in your pet's food but you eat junk.

When your sister was going to get a spanking, you cried and pleaded with your dad to spare her, but that didn't stop you from slapping her on a regular basis.

You were the little mouse at school that nobody noticed but at home your relatives wondered if you would live to see 20, or if you would end up in jail some day.

You have trouble falling asleep because your mind is in overdrive.

When someone is telling you something and they say it wrong, you don't feel it's necessary to correct them because you know what they mean but it drives you nuts when they correct you.

You are all about the principle and secondary on the details.

Drama Queens and attention-getter's are disgusting.

You know everybody's birthday, unfortunately that is the day you buy the card to send and you spend an hour at Hallmark reading every one.

People say little remarks like, "I knew if I asked you I would get a straight answer" or "I knew I could count on you to know", and it always surprises you because it feels like you don't know diddly.
    These. Definitely the ones in bold.
    INFJ 9w1.

MBTI
    INxJ

When you are confused about your judging function and put an 'x' instead of an 'F'.