User Tag List

Page 179 of 235 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

  1. #1781
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaku View Post
    when you can watch a video on funnyordie.com and laugh at how it almost makes you cry:
    Buzz Aldrin's Rocket Experience from Buzz Aldrin and FOD Team - Video
    ?
    never thought snoop dog + buzz aldrin could make me think that way...
    This is a hoot! I have to admit that I admire Buzz Aldrin's gumption. He's been very outspoken lately. I like the fact that he's cautiously come forward regarding UFO's.

  2. #1782

    Default

    when you get upset at/by people who seemingly don't want or care about their life very much
    and people who say life is boring after a while etc
    i get upset because i don't understand how people could feel that way
    and i get angry because i feel like that sort of attitude impinges upon EVERYONE around them, including me, and it's very oppressive.

    it's like that quote.. er.. something along the lines of "there are only two ways to view the world: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

  3. #1783
    Badoom~ Array Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tess2008 View Post
    when you get upset at/by people who seemingly don't want or care about their life very much
    and people who say life is boring after a while etc
    i get upset because i don't understand how people could feel that way
    and i get angry because i feel like that sort of attitude impinges upon EVERYONE around them, including me, and it's very oppressive.

    it's like that quote.. er.. something along the lines of "there are only two ways to view the world: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.
    Or people who don't care at all about what impact their choices make and then get extremely defensive at anything that goes against their way of doing things.

    You know you're an INFJ when a lot of days you're irritated at yourself because you feel like you're being a jerk, and no one seems to notice the attitude you think you're projecting.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  4. #1784
    Junior Member Array StormySunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    28

    Default

    When you start reading a thread, and an hour later you see that you've still got over 150 pages yet to read, but there's a comment you want to make, and you're afraid that someone else has made the same comment, but it's not very logical to read the whole thread just to see if someone posted one comment, but someone might think you're stupid, or unmotivated if you were to make a comment that someone has already said, and you might hurt the feelings of that person if you copy their comment, since you obviously didn't take the time to read their post, so in the end, you skip to the end, and make a long explanation in the form of a thread comment so that everyone can clearly understand why you are about to make the comment you are about to make, and just hope that someone else hasn't used the same tactic, and that you're about to copy their post.

    When everyone tries to finish your sentences, but never get it right, but to spare their feelings you say, "Yeah," anyway, and then go on with your original line of thought with, "Also it could be..." Of course, after they've unsuccessfully tried to finish your sentences several times in a row, you just give up as your idea of a perfect conversation begins to fragment around you, and you either clam up, or flat out tell them that you meant X not Y, and to hell with their feelings! Then you find out they could care less if you correct them...

  5. #1785
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when a lot of days you're irritated at yourself because you feel like you're being a jerk, and no one seems to notice the attitude you think you're projecting.
    Haha. Yes. I can relate to this. Actually, it's not only about feeling like a jerk. It's about lots of other things as well, either positive or negative feelings that seem so obvious to you but no one really seems to notice. That, in turn, makes you even more excited or irritated because you feel like an open book when things make you excited or irritated.

    Quote Originally Posted by StormySunshine View Post
    When everyone tries to finish your sentences, but never get it right, but to spare their feelings you say, "Yeah," anyway, and then go on with your original line of thought with, "Also it could be..." Of course, after they've unsuccessfully tried to finish your sentences several times in a row, you just give up as your idea of a perfect conversation begins to fragment around you, and you either clam up, or flat out tell them that you meant X not Y, and to hell with their feelings! Then you find out they could care less if you correct them...
    I hate when something like that happens. They're not really listening to you. Rude and inconsiderate :steam:


    Ok, I don't know if this has been posted before (it probably has, this thread is a monster).

    You know you're an INFJ when most of the time you feel that you're doing half as much work with everything than everybody else does and you feel guilty because you think you should be doing more.

  6. #1786
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormySunshine View Post
    When you start reading a thread, and an hour later you see that you've still got over 150 pages yet to read, but there's a comment you want to make, and you're afraid that someone else has made the same comment, but it's not very logical to read the whole thread just to see if someone posted one comment, but someone might think you're stupid, or unmotivated if you were to make a comment that someone has already said, and you might hurt the feelings of that person if you copy their comment, since you obviously didn't take the time to read their post, so in the end, you skip to the end, and make a long explanation in the form of a thread comment so that everyone can clearly understand why you are about to make the comment you are about to make, and just hope that someone else hasn't used the same tactic, and that you're about to copy their post.

    When everyone tries to finish your sentences, but never get it right, but to spare their feelings you say, "Yeah," anyway, and then go on with your original line of thought with, "Also it could be..." Of course, after they've unsuccessfully tried to finish your sentences several times in a row, you just give up as your idea of a perfect conversation begins to fragment around you, and you either clam up, or flat out tell them that you meant X not Y, and to hell with their feelings! Then you find out they could care less if you correct them...
    Too funny. I do the opposite, I finish their sentences. I can figure out what they're going to say before they get there...lol. Some of them get miffed that I'm interrupting, but I can't seem to keep my mouth shut. I have a tendency to interrupt anyway, it's as if I think they're done talking. They've already said the meaty part so they must be finished right?

  7. #1787
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormySunshine View Post
    When you start reading a thread, and an hour later you see that you've still got over 150 pages yet to read, but there's a comment you want to make, and you're afraid that someone else has made the same comment, but it's not very logical to read the whole thread just to see if someone posted one comment, but someone might think you're stupid, or unmotivated if you were to make a comment that someone has already said, and you might hurt the feelings of that person if you copy their comment, since you obviously didn't take the time to read their post, so in the end, you skip to the end, and make a long explanation in the form of a thread comment so that everyone can clearly understand why you are about to make the comment you are about to make, and just hope that someone else hasn't used the same tactic, and that you're about to copy their post.

    When everyone tries to finish your sentences, but never get it right, but to spare their feelings you say, "Yeah," anyway, and then go on with your original line of thought with, "Also it could be..." Of course, after they've unsuccessfully tried to finish your sentences several times in a row, you just give up as your idea of a perfect conversation begins to fragment around you, and you either clam up, or flat out tell them that you meant X not Y, and to hell with their feelings! Then you find out they could care less if you correct them...
    This is the same reason why I couldn't give my comment. Hehe, I promised to read all 150 pages of the thread first.

    I can almost imagine your face when "your idea of the perfect conversation" crumble right before your very eyes. It's like seeing an old old house being demolished.

    Of course, when this happens to me, I usually heave a huge sigh [and not of relief] then look away from the person with whom I'm talking. Hehe.
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

    And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

  8. #1788
    Junior Member Array StormySunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatusername View Post
    This is the same reason why I couldn't give my comment. Hehe, I promised to read all 150 pages of the thread first.

    I can almost imagine your face when "your idea of the perfect conversation" crumble right before your very eyes. It's like seeing an old old house being demolished.

    Of course, when this happens to me, I usually heave a huge sigh [and not of relief] then look away from the person with whom I'm talking. Hehe.
    Yeah that's exactly me . And it's that old beautiful house with so much character.

  9. #1789
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    157

    Default

    When you can't watch a movie without picking it apart.

  10. #1790
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harlow_Jem View Post
    Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls
    I love this one. I'm not experiencing that with my significant other but I do with other people. Obviously, we need to stand up for ourselves when we're wronged, which I do, but I let things slide in conversation with people I don't know that well because I don't have the need to be right. Some extroverts don't see it this way and will cut others off mid sentence to challenge them on an opinion. Who gives a flying fig!

Similar Threads

  1. You know your'e an XX when you ?
    By lkpo14 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:02 PM
  2. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 457
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO