User Tag List

Page 176 of 235 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    Yes, definitely yes. Just thinking about this makes me think of the lilac bush in my grandmother's yard when I was a child.
    That's exactly it! Different scents bring back memories but it's even thinking about them that can make the memories surface. I get that all the time

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

[QUOTE=Skyward;750078] Even then I don't have many My childhood was basically having no developed function anyway. Ni seems to be a function that relies on what's in it. Since I was young I didn't have much in it to turn to. I don't have any cherished memories. I can live with that.
    QUOTE]

Interesting you should say that. I wonder what's 'normal' for childhood memories. I have bits of memory of my childhood, but most of it is a mystery, holes in time. From my teens on, my memory is good. Could it be that we daydreamed our youth away, or like you say, underdeveloped Ni? Curious..hmmmm.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    Interesting you should say that. I wonder what's 'normal' for childhood memories. I have bits of memory of my childhood, but most of it is a mystery, holes in time. From my teens on, my memory is good. Could it be that we daydreamed our youth away, or like you say, underdeveloped Ni? Curious..hmmmm.
    Well, Ni seems to be a complex function and could be something that relies on a more developed brain. since a child's brain is just a bunch of unfilled neurons that absorb everything and not much structure to it, it could be a combination of not-so developed brain and the need to understand different perceptions of things/people. Introverted functions need something to ponder over before they actually 'work.' At least, work with some focus, like a flashlight versus a street lamp.

Hmmm, maybe Ni is a less biased version of viewing different perceptions. Fe might relate much stronger to perceptions that relate to the human element, so then, a person who doesn't let Fe get [too much] in the way of Ni could be considered smarter, in the general sense, than those who use Fe more. I think I just explained one of the things I was always pondering on: "Why do strong Fe INFJs seem less 'deep' than weaker Fe INFJs?"

It's nothing bad, they just seem to have a stronger sensitivity toward the human element. Making them better at understanding people. The perceived depth of other INfJs might just be the less focus.

Though I wish I could intuitively understand people more effectively (*Is jealous of a lot of the INFJs here for that*), I can live without it. If I find some 'normally developed' INFJ to be an SO with, I can keep them grounded while still relating well in mind-structure.

Granted all of this is at 0500 without sleep. I guess this thread is something of a blog for me. Oh well, INFJs, IME, like to ramble about their hobbies.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Introverted functions need something to ponder over before they actually 'work'...with some focus, like a flashlight versus a street lamp.

Fe might relate much stronger to perceptions that relate to the human element, so then, a person who doesn't let Fe get [too much] in the way of Ni could be considered smarter, in the general sense, than those who use Fe more. I think I just explained one of the things I was always pondering on: "Why do strong Fe INFJs seem less 'deep' than weaker Fe INFJs?"

It's nothing bad, they just seem to have a stronger sensitivity toward the human element. Making them better at understanding people. The perceived depth of other INfJs might just be the less focus.

Granted all of this is at 0500 without sleep. I guess this thread is something of a blog for me. Oh well, INFJs, IME, like to ramble about their hobbies.
    agreed

agreed

agreed

agreed

good 5am job
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

you've already mortar and pestalled your ego to oblivion and back a few times over

and maybe saved some powder, the essence of which you can use to create new 'people' and you feel like you can probably live vicariously through any kind of being you wish.

so you dig out the vial of ego and (just a pinch, need to save some of course) toss some in the brew and see what it's like to walk anywhere between 3m and a lightyear in anyone else's skin. Everyone else's skin for that matter.

and lingering behind every belief and virtue you call your 'own' you're wondering what that all means......

not if it means anything, because it surely does. but... what? does anything mean?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

you know how much of an idealist you really are.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by jaku View Post
    you know how much of an idealist you really are.
    I know. I mean, I KNOW.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

when you know yourself pretty well, but you still want to be like ALL the other infjs here

Senior Member Array Silent Stars's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

but you still want to be like ALL the other infjs here
    I don't.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so

Phantonym

you still want to be like ALL the other infjs here
    Not quite. I want to be me. Everybody is unique. But I like the idea of the INFJ hive mind.