User Tag List

Page 175 of 235 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    You hear a meaningful song again and are involuntarily transported to the time and mood/emotional state where the song was first imprinted with meaning. ('K maybe not exclusively INFJ, but does this happen to any of you too?)
    A certain smell will sometimes send me back in time as well.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

This is weird and I'm not sure if this is an INFJ thing: If I have something really important to do I focus on it intently but if I'm interupted, it takes a lot of effort to get back that same level of focus, sometimes I have to take a moment and ask myself where was I, this is when I'm likely to make mistakes. However, if I have 10 tasks to complete, and they aren't that important, I bounce around from one to the other simultaneously until they all get done, and it seems to always work out fine. Sometimes I wonder if I have ADD or is it my INFJ multi thought brain doing its usual thing?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

OK, Lillyofthevalley is hogging this topic, but maybe I can keep it rolling.

You know you're an INFJ when:

Every now and then someone says to you, "I can't believe you just said that." (I once had someone tell me "If I had known you were really like that, I would have invited you over much sooner."

You're emotions are usually on lock down in public.

It's rare, but if someone or something pisses you off enough, you can turn into a snarling monster. You are not out of control, just letting the pressure blow, meanwhile they are hiding the knives...lol.

Someone close to you says "See, I know you like the back of my hand", and you want to give them the two fingered eyeball poke because you know they don't have a clue who the real you is.

You show up for work early 99.99% of the time, when no one else does, but the one time you are 5 minutes late your boss thinks he needs to reprimand you. This causes you to fume for 2 hours. You know if you were the boss you would take prior history into consideration before remarking, at the same time you realize that not only can't this guy see outside of his little box, he would run back into his little box if he did. INFJ's have a bigger box, anything ouside of it is reason to contemplate and observe....and so our box expands.

You wonder about people who are 'different' while others cross them off without a thought.

You are more likely to slip a $5 into a homeless woman's pocket when she isn't looking but others make sure the woman knows they're donating.

You don't eat hot dogs for 3 years, then you eat them for 3 months straight. You are willing to try odd foods.

You take pride in your achievements and want to be acknowledged just like everyone else does. However, if they want to put together an event for this reason, you don't want to go.

Compliments on your creativity are nice but no big deal, in fact, too much praise makes you uncomfortable. Deep down, you know what you are getting complimented on is just a drop from the bucket nobody knows about. But once people know you're particularly good at something, they start asking you to volunteer your efforts. You balk at this because you're creativity is yours and only yours, to give only on your own terms, when you want to do it.

Senior Member Array MonkeyGrass's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

When you give your friends and SO abstract relational goals for their birthday every year ("I vow to give you the benefit of the doubt this year"), and actually follow through with said goal, even after they look at you like you have three heads.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    This is weird and I'm not sure if this is an INFJ thing: If I have something really important to do I focus on it intently but if I'm interupted, it takes a lot of effort to get back that same level of focus, sometimes I have to take a moment and ask myself where was I, this is when I'm likely to make mistakes. However, if I have 10 tasks to complete, and they aren't that important, I bounce around from one to the other simultaneously until they all get done, and it seems to always work out fine. Sometimes I wonder if I have ADD or is it my INFJ multi thought brain doing its usual thing?
    You're not alone, I'm very much like this. I absolutely hate interruptions, but if they're very infrequent and don't take up too much of my time - I'm better able to get back to my task at hand.

Senior Member Array statuesquechica's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

I do that with housework or with routine paperwork to fill at work, something rather "mindless", though I always thought that was more a characteristic of the way the female brain is wired vs. the male. There have been some interesting studies (brain mappings) done about male vs. female traits and theoretically how they develped due to evolution. I don't know but it is fascinating to consider. But yes, I definitely do that.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

Senior Member Array MonkeyGrass's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I do the flitting from project to project thing, too. Usually, it ends up being fairly productive!
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

You know you're an INFJ when:

Every now and then someone says to you, "I can't believe you just said that." (I once had someone tell me "If I had known you were really like that, I would have invited you over much sooner."

Someone close to you says "See, I know you like the back of my hand", and you want to give them the two fingered eyeball poke because you know they don't have a clue who the real you is.
    I have to laugh when I see this because it is so TRUE!! I have surprised co-workers, family, friends with what comes out of my mouth, or what I have done, because I appear to be so "demure" for lack of a better word. Looking back I even surprise myself at some of the things I have done.

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

A certain smell will sometimes send me back in time as well.
    Yes, definitely yes. Just thinking about this makes me think of the lilac bush in my grandmother's yard when I was a child. Do other types have these olfactory memories as well?

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    Yes, definitely yes. Just thinking about this makes me think of the lilac bush in my grandmother's yard when I was a child. Do other types have these olfactory memories as well?
    I barely even have a sense of smell. There are so many times where I'm the only person in the room who cant smell whatever they're smelling. Even then I don't have many memories to go back to. My childhood was basically having no developed function anyway. Ni seems to be a function that relies on what's in it. Since I was young I didn't have much in it to turn to. I don't have any cherished memories. I can live with that.

With projects, I usually walk a bit to clear my head and listen to loud music through my headphones to block distractions. Distractions ruin my train of thought but help me refresh a little so going back is fine. As for hopping around a lot of minor projects, I think it is more of a slow switch when one project loses momentum in my mind. Other wise it's on project at a time.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.