Senior Member Array professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ...you find yourself thinking "GAWD, why do all these nutjobs keep talking to me??? Why won't they leave me alone?!?!?"
    My brother does this.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    My brother does this.
    Your brother knows the shit
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You never seize to think you suck
    That is so true! I think I even suck at sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    You wonder if you are really a nutjob too
    No wondering needed. I know! But I embrace my nutjobness.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    ...people ask what is going on in your mind and you're only able to envision this image but unable to put it into words.
    haha, yes. To some very large extent, yes. (different image, but similar problem).

So... you know you're an INFJ when you register on a typology forum knowing full well that you'll soon get distracted by some completely different venture (in other words - get tired of/frightened of socializing) and might not ever post much, but you still can't resist doing it because this thread (yes this one) has saved your emotional butt a number of times over the past few months. *adds one infj love-token to the NF pot*

As for the exam guilt... I just considered it some huge milestone to 1. let myself NOT try to save the universe in an essay I was writing, and 2. actually verbalize that I did this to a close friend without disintegrating under the imagined judgement I was sure was heading my way.

I think they blinked at me, like "so?"

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saffronsocks View Post
    haha, yes. To some very large extent, yes. (different image, but similar problem).

So... you know you're an INFJ when you register on a typology forum knowing full well that you'll soon get distracted by some completely different venture (in other words - get tired of/frightened of socializing) and might not ever post much, but you still can't resist doing it because this thread (yes this one) has saved your emotional butt a number of times over the past few months. *adds one infj love-token to the NF pot*

As for the exam guilt... I just considered it some huge milestone to 1. let myself NOT try to save the universe in an essay I was writing, and 2. actually verbalize that I did this to a close friend without disintegrating under the imagined judgement I was sure was heading my way.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Saffronsocks View Post

Welcome aboard

I've been noticing in myself how different I am from the more common forms of INFJs. It might be how balanced my functions are, but also I think it is how my functions are expressed. IT seems to me, that most other INFJs, IME, in art have the idea and then strive for that. one. thing. whereas I have a very vague idea to start (I don't have a vivid imagination at all) and use my intuition to try and make what I see into something interesting. This includes Ni, Ne, and Se.

And recently I've had to slow down and focus more on using intelligible grammar when speaking. I never had the problem of being incoherent until just a few months ago, mumbliness was about it. (I still have it and that makes it even worse!)

You know you're an INFJ when you knew about shadow functions before ever reading about them. (This is beyond the: 'everyone has all the functions' and into the 'I know how I use those!')
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Welcome aboard

I've been noticing in myself how different I am from the more common forms of INFJs. It might be how balanced my functions are, but also I think it is how my functions are expressed. IT seems to me, that most other INFJs, IME, in art have the idea and then strive for that. one. thing. whereas I have a very vague idea to start (I don't have a vivid imagination at all) and use my intuition to try and make what I see into something interesting. This includes Ni, Ne, and Se.
    That's interesting that you bring this up! I'm an artist, and even though right *now* I know exactly what I want to create (however nebulous in the end), it's taken me a long time to get that sort of vision. In the beginning it was all iN fumbling around, which usually resulted in something eerily meaningful, but totally... unclassifiable. And not useful to me. So I worked at it more and more until I named (or at least learned to corral) all the iN forces that were at work... like huskies on a sled team!

Your functions could easily be way more balanced, though. I don't even know the half of my shadow functions! Te and Si make me go "quoi"? Like... straight lines? What are those!

And recently I've had to slow down and focus more on using intelligible grammar when speaking. I never had the problem of being incoherent until just a few months ago, mumbliness was about it. (I still have it and that makes it even worse!)
    Trying to speak six sentences at once has a way of weaving things together in strange ways. Do you ever just start talking and know full well that outside of your skin it's like someone just shuffled the dictionary up, but inside it's dancing a little meaningful microscopic waltz that just won't - get - communicated ??? oooh, hate that.

You know you're an INFJ when you knew about shadow functions before ever reading about them. (This is beyond the: 'everyone has all the functions' and into the 'I know how I use those!')
    Admirable, sir.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

weeirdoo, kidding, one of my best friends is infj and I can't think of anything off the top of my head except that he's eccentric.

Senior Member Array Silent Stars's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

<3
    I know how awesome I am, and would never deny it.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

<3
    you caught me!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.