Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tess2008 View Post
    there's this thing i manage to do, not sure how INFJ related it is...

sometimes (not very often) there will be something that i just completely and utterly fail to understand. for example, a geography assignment about wastewater management systems, or something.. like that

i will write out an essay without a clue what i'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about. this has happened a number of times

on a particular essay i did the teacher wrote 'you have an excellent understanding of the topic, well done.'
    This relates well with my own experiences. Both at school and university, I could still get decent grades for topics I failed to understand properly. When this happened, I'd study the subject in depth before an assignment or exam was pending. Even though I was unable to "get" the subject with my preferred depth of understanding, I was able to absorb enough relevant information to convince the teachers that I had mastered the topic.

I still felt like a bit of a fraud afterwards (INFJ high standards can be a real pain in the proverbial at times!). I used to possess a near photographic memory - for example, I could memorise a complicated diagram or formula and reproduce it exactly on an assignment or exam paper, without ever really knowing what it meant. After a few days, the memory faded away completely, so I had to memorise it a day or two before the due date.

At the end of the day does it really matter to anyone but us? Most people would say that if we obtained a good grade in a subject than we have succeeded, regardless of our personal feelings of inadequacy. Many of the subjects I studied have never cropped up in my life again, and even if they do, I can simply refer back to a textbook (or, these days, the internet).
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    At the end of the day does it really matter to anyone but us? Most people would say that if we obtained a good grade in a subject than we have succeeded, regardless of our personal feelings of inadequacy. Many of the subjects I studied have never cropped up in my life again, and even if they do, I can simply refer back to a textbook (or, these days, the internet).
    I suspect we might just be very good at playing the "good grades" game. Because in school, it really is a game. You don't have to know the material, neccessarily, you just have to be able to show you think you know it.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Phantonym

Default You know you're an INFJ when...

...you feel that you're an old soul and a novice. Simultaneously.

It is as if you're able to look at the world afresh every morning while being connected to it in some deeper, more fundamental level.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I suspect we might just be very good at playing the "good grades" game. Because in school, it really is a game. You don't have to know the material, neccessarily, you just have to be able to show you think you know it.
    Yes, exactly! And not just in school, either. You'd be surprised how many people who are good at their jobs started out by "pretending" to know what they were doing.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    ...you feel that you're an old soul and a novice. Simultaneously.

It is as if you're able to look at the world afresh every morning while being connected to it in some deeper, more fundamental level.
    Definitely. For me it comes from having a deep view of what goes on, but still making the most sensotarded mistakes. I replace words mid-speech with things that are far enough out of context to confuse anyone but my INTP friend.

I think it comes from my little theory of: Se makes simple things simple and hard things hard. Ni, the opposite, makes simple things hard and hard things easy.

I don't believe in the phrase 'this is hard' I use 'this is tough' or 'this is impossible.' To me, saying something is hard is basically saying you give up. I dont give up when my mind latches on a task.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

You never seize to think you suck

<3
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Definitely. For me it comes from having a deep view of what goes on, but still making the most sensotarded mistakes. I replace words mid-speech with things that are far enough out of context to confuse anyone but my INTP friend.

I think it comes from my little theory of: Se makes simple things simple and hard things hard. Ni, the opposite, makes simple things hard and hard things easy.

I don't believe in the phrase 'this is hard' I use 'this is tough' or 'this is impossible.' To me, saying something is hard is basically saying you give up. I dont give up when my mind latches on a task.
    Yeah I know *exactly* what you mean about simple things hard and hard things easy. Although I've lifted a saying from Entrapment, "Its impossible, but doable." I think this summarizes the use of N* pretty dang well.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

To summarize the use of N, excuse me, is not within your abilities
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

...you find yourself thinking "GAWD, why do all these nutjobs keep talking to me??? Why won't they leave me alone?!?!?"
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ...you find yourself thinking "GAWD, why do all these nutjobs keep talking to me??? Why won't they leave me alone?!?!?"
    You wonder if you are really a nutjob too
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.