User Tag List

Page 166 of 235 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by tess2008 View Post
    i will write out an essay without a clue what i'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about. this has happened a number of times
    I have that too. But I always feel bad afterwards, as if I'm letting myself and others down by not making an effort to understand the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I have that too. But I always feel bad afterwards, as if I'm letting myself and others down by not making an effort to understand the subject.
    /agreed

It should be avoided, not simply because it's lazy and doesn't meet "the" arbitrary standard --it doesn't meet "our" standard and that eats away at us.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    It should be avoided, not simply because it's lazy and doesn't meet "the" arbitrary standard --it doesn't meet "our" standard and that eats away at us.
    My standards are enormous. There's this humongous one reserved for other people and the other, even bigger one, for myself.

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

When you catch yourself daydreaming at work on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    When you catch yourself daydreaming at work on a daily basis.
    I'll second that. And not only at work. Everywhere!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Hmm, that daydreaming bizzo isn't restricted to INFJs *floats off*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    +1 Yes I do this constantly.

You also get a sick feeling in your stomach when you spend considerable time and energy posting something, only to have it disregarded and ignored. People just continue discussing as if you didn't post anything at all. What the hell was even the point of all that?
    That is annoying, and sometimes hurtful when someone points it out. What was it someone said here about my posts once? Oh yes...something like..."I just skip over your posts most of the time." I would have been happier not ever knowing that information, especially since it was followed up by no coherent explanation as to why... Which made that sort of response a very pointless observation that only dug under my skin and made me feel like shit.

I tend to post something, then not post anything more in a thread unless someone comes up with something interesting that I want to add to. Most of the time, I don't have anything more to say on the matter, and I'll just keep reading the thread and keep my thoughts to myself.

I also tend to post in reference to myself a lot. Part of this is from only knowing myself. Most of it is because if I post something not "personal", then I will probably have to debate about it or prove my reasoning behind it, and I do that a little better in person (because if I sound like an idiot, it's easier to turn it into a joke) than I can on a forum--I also don't want to spend a whole lot of energy typing up my reasoning only to be told "oh that's wrong" again and again...just not worth the effort.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    LoL I can bullsh*t like a pro too. Perhaps this is why bullsh*t doesn't escape us often... "Ya can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter."

I'm never telling my kids I did this either!
    Haha I'm superb at doing this on just about any subject... like the time I got an essay question I had no idea what it was about in ethics, so I just wrote pages of random stuff about ethics and then at the end wrote 1 paragraph on the subject trying to tie it together and I got a B because it was a bit light on answering the question

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by tess2008 View Post
    there's this thing i manage to do, not sure how INFJ related it is...

sometimes (not very often) there will be something that i just completely and utterly fail to understand. for example, a geography assignment about wastewater management systems, or something.. like that
    What's worse is when you understood it the day before. I had that problem with compound names in chemistry. IT was horrible when I just pulled a blank every time I looked at it, AND that I understood it perfectly the day before.

i will write out an essay without a clue what I'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about. this has happened a number of times
    Because writing is a much better mind-dump for us because it is still mostly introverted. We can choose to hand the paper to someone, so until that step happens it's still 'our thought.'

When TALKING however. I have the opposite problem. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about but what comes out is gibberish. I like to say I broke the English language with my vastly superior thought. 'Masters blame their tools' and all that

on a particular essay i did the teacher wrote 'you have an excellent understanding of the topic, well done.'
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'll second that. And not only at work. Everywhere!
    Oh yes!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush