User Tag List

Page 165 of 235 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    AHH!

-You can't go to bed early because you need to stay up later and prolong your "reflective time"...
    YES. This is actually what I'm doing right now. "I can't go to sleep because all this shit to analyze will still be here and it won't go away just because I'll be unconscious for 8 hours or so, so why the hell should I go to sleep now? Need to analyze MOOAAAR." This goes on every night until somehow the issue I'm pondering that month is solved.

Phantonym

Default You know you're an INFJ when...

...people ask what is going on in your mind and you're only able to envision this image but unable to put it into words.
    Last edited by Phantonym; 09-06-2009 at 03:26 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    ...people ask what is going on in your mind and you're only able to envision this image but unable to put it into words.
    Yes, except my image would be more like this:
    You know you're an INFJ when... Attached Images

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    Yes, except my image would be more like this:
    I like the man on the right, in a black suit and a hat.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm drawing something like that actually. Just a 'thinking bubble' with multiple metaphoric objects thrown in it.

As to my answer, I always say: "I dunno." Same with 'What's up?' or 'How was your day?' and the like.

YES. This is actually what I'm doing right now. "I can't go to sleep because all this shit to analyze will still be here and it won't go away just because I'll be unconscious for 8 hours or so, so why the hell should I go to sleep now? Need to analyze MOOAAAR." This goes on every night until somehow the issue I'm pondering that month is solved.
    Yup.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You don't contribute to a thread, unless you're fairly confident that your post will produce a response and will even delete those which have not accomplished this, for we find no point in throwing our thoughts/feeling out there, without making contact.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    You don't contribute to a thread, unless you're fairly confident that your post will produce a response and will even delete posts which have not accomplished this; we find no point in throwing our thoughts/feeling out there, without making contact.
    +1 Yes I do this constantly.

You also get a sick feeling in your stomach when you spend considerable time and energy posting something, only to have it disregarded and ignored. People just continue discussing as if you didn't post anything at all. What the hell was even the point of all that?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    You don't contribute to a thread, unless you're fairly confident that your post will produce a response and will even delete those which have not accomplished this, for we find no point in throwing our thoughts/feeling out there, without making contact.
    +1,5
    I would completely agree if only my own contribution to the threads here was more meaningful and less ignorant.
    That's why it's very difficult to join in a new forum. The n00b feeling lasts for a long time and the accumulation of knowledge even longer.

I guess this is what we have to consider with posting. Maybe it is better to let your thoughts out and see what happens. Positive or negative, doesn't matter. What can be learned from this matters. If you're ignored, you can start thinking why. However, you can get discouraged if this happens quite often.

I don't know if it's a good thing that the posts in here are undeletable and even uneditable after a while. From time to time I just get this uncontrollable urge to delete all of my inane ramblings. Ha ha, the joke's on me. But I guess it's good to go through your old posts, be ashamed and maybe learn something from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    +1 Yes I do this constantly.

You also get a sick feeling in your stomach when you spend considerable time and energy posting something, only to have it disregarded and ignored. People just continue discussing as if you didn't post anything at all. What the hell was even the point of all that?
    In your case, Peguy, your posts are something from the upper spheres. This little plebe here can only observe in awe and admiration. Don't think for a moment that you're disregarded and ignored!

there's this thing i manage to do, not sure how INFJ related it is...

sometimes (not very often) there will be something that i just completely and utterly fail to understand. for example, a geography assignment about wastewater management systems, or something.. like that

i will write out an essay without a clue what i'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about. this has happened a number of times

on a particular essay i did the teacher wrote 'you have an excellent understanding of the topic, well done.'

Quote Originally Posted by tess2008 View Post
    there's this thing i manage to do, not sure how INFJ related it is...

sometimes (not very often) there will be something that i just completely and utterly fail to understand. for example, a geography assignment about wastewater management systems, or something.. like that

i will write out an essay without a clue what i'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about. this has happened a number of times

on a particular essay i did the teacher wrote 'you have an excellent understanding of the topic, well done.'
    LoL I can bullsh*t like a pro too. Perhaps this is why bullsh*t doesn't escape us often... "Ya can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter."

I'm never telling my kids I did this either!
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."