Page 161 of 235 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

When you like to see yourself as invisible but all-seeing. (I actually chose a work space in my office when I can see everybody who gets in, while nobody can see me)

When you know people for a few weeks, and after that you can say more about them then people who have known them for YEARS can.

When you can appear perfectly INTJ as a sort of self-defense, but the minute somebody is crying for help with real pain, you are running to them in a true INFJ mode, carrying medicine, coffee, chocolate and a funny book.

When you hate being touched by people you don’t really know and like, but give bear hugs to those you do.

When your trademark response to people is 'no problem'

When people start to see you as the magician who can make it all work – AND hand out sweets to the kids.

When said magician turns totally Gandalf from time to time and you prefer to talk to yourself only, as the wisest person around…

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wellspring View Post
    When you like to see yourself as invisible but all-seeing. (I actually chose a work space in my office when I can see everybody who gets in, while nobody can see me)

When you know people for a few weeks, and after that you can say more about them then people who have known them for YEARS can.

When you can appear perfectly INTJ as a sort of self-defense, but the minute somebody is crying for help with real pain, you are running to them in a true INFJ mode, carrying medicine, coffee, chocolate and a funny book.

When you hate being touched by people you don’t really know and like, but give bear hugs to those you do.

When people start to see you as the magician who can make it all work – AND hand out sweets to the kids.

When said magician turns totally Gandalf from time to time and you prefer to talk to yourself only, as the wisest person around…
    Yeah - all of these. I've said "no problem" to people at work at least 4 times today already! And you can tell from my avatar and signature that I identify strongly with Gandalf.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Phantonym

+2

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

All of these, but reading the 'no problem' one made me realise just how much I actually say it at work... I say it a lot.

Heh, I talk to myself a lot as well, though usually just with inane babble when I'm working on something. It confuses or amuses anyone near by, so I normally do it when I'm alone. If I'm left by myself in the house I can end up holding entire conversations with myself. I can't decide if that's hilarious or creepy.
    Last edited by Faine; 05-25-2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: INFJ ocd.
    INFJ 9w1.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    If I'm left by myself in the house I can end up holding entire conversations with myself. I can't decide if that's hilarious or creepy.
    I do that all the time. Me and my ego have wonderful conversations.

And I'm laughing at how creepy I am inside my head.

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I do that all the time. Me and my ego have wonderful conversations.

And I'm laughing at how creepy I am inside my head.
    I thought all people do this? (Seriously?) Don't they?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    I thought all people do this? (Seriously?) Don't they?
    I thought so too, but then people started telling me I was weird.

I'm sure that talking to yourself isn't a strictly INFJ thing, but I'm guessing that there are quite a few types who would find it odd.
    Most people seem to find it funny though, so at least it's not odd in a bad way...
    INFJ 9w1.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Talking to yourself out loud?

Definatly not a NT thing. It's too ineffective to bother with. xD

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, my neighbor probably thinks I'm insane because as soon as I step outside of the car I'm talking with someone that he can't see. Constantly talking aloud and answering my own questions. Definitely NF at the very least.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    I thought so too, but then people started telling me I was weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    Yeah, my neighbor probably thinks I'm insane because as soon as I step outside of the car I'm talking with someone that he can't see. Constantly talking aloud and answering my own questions. Definitely NF at the very least.

Oh, wait. You do it out loud in public? I'm doing it inside my head. Well, most of the time that is. Old blabbermouth is in the house when I'm all alone.
    I'm way too self-conscious to exhibit this kind of behaviour in public and I try my best to avoid it.