Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    Guilty as charged! . I do that all the time. Even right now three of my friends are under such a test. One of them is failing quite miserably, having contacted me not once after I "disappeared" two weeks ago.
    Ah HAH! I was wondering if an INFJ was alienating me...And hadn't figured it out...I mean...there was nothing that went wrong..I asked him if I said something or if everything was okay...

I mean, that just doesn't get valued by a genuine INFJ friend...Then I kept emailing him...and emailing...and emailing...I didn't hear from him for like 3 weeks plus...So I found a friend of his...and I don't even know her...

..Wrote a blind-letter to her asking if she had heard from him...She said she hadn't and was getting concerned too..So then I start looking up obituaries in his home town across the pond...I really felt potential of something awful might have happened...

I heard back..Told him to leave me a note if he is going to do that again..

That really pulled on me. 'course informed her he was alive.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    I had to bring this back. We cannot let our efforts fade away! You know you're an INFJ when you "test" your friends' loyalty. Such as, one simple "test" I do is to not call my friend in a few days to see if he/she will initiate the call. I feel I keep in contact with my friend pretty frequently, but I want to see if they will do the same for me. Anyone else do this?
    I am just going to note that this has potential consequences for pain if the person loves you.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Under that sort of test, I wouldn't have any friends
    Thank you...and yea...(in theory) who's doing the alienating on a scenario of that one. I'm just sayin!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Thank you...and yea...(in theory) who's doing the alienating on a scenario of that one. I'm just sayin!
    It's not MY fault I outclass everyone I know!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ

Wow, I've been always about 50/50 between Thinking and Feeling but this thread definitely pushed me over to the F side. I've always been unsure since I am a very rational, logical person most of the time. I'm really empathetic in some cases, but I don't get emotional easily.

You know you're an INFJ if you drive your friends crazy talking about personality types. You can tell they stopped paying attention after the first five minutes, but you're just going to keep going because they have to see how AMAZING it is to find out just who and what you are.

Honestly, I'm like this about a lot of things. I teach high school english and I'm always trying to drill into my students' heads how awesome some bit of symbolism or twist on a theme is... how beautifully insightful it is and so on... and actually will go on until I'm blue when a student doesn't appreciate it at all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    I'm blue when a student doesn't appreciate it at all.
    Welcome to the world of teaching.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    In relation to this, I was thinking about the notorius "INFJ doorslam".

Do you INFJs, after testing your friends and seeing them fail, take this as a definite sign of closure?

As for myself, I do feel saddened when this happens but I also know that people cannot read my mind. So, I keep on testing them again and again in hopes that maybe this time they will pass the test.
    You poor thing...this allows you enjoyment or recharge enough..and security in knowing isolation or a sort of insurance from potential hurt...understandable.

INFJs aren't the only ones who have potential for, and or internal hurt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    It's not MY fault I outclass everyone I know!
    I see...yes I see. I wouldn't want to hurt or allow hurt to myself. Sure. Best to know the person before letting them in or asking them in.

Then..after or during that, they are still human. So it's best if they know their human capabilities and potientialities for offending or not offending and how much they are capable of..also how much intensity this means for others..and if they take this into consideration and if so, how clearly? How much?

The question is...do they know? Where are their friends on which level they value them? Would they lay down and die for them? This would be nice to know.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Welcome to the world of teaching.
    Haha, well I've been one for a while. But I teach only Gifted students now and I suddenly raised my hopes to have them dashed again... by some students.

Surprisingly, some of my students actually got something out of Herman Hesse. I probably won't try to teach it again because Hesse is difficult to lecture on (and may get me in trouble with administration), but I was amused to see a couple of students actually getting something out of the concept of the individual's will and intuition trumping all.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    Haha, well I've been one for a while. But I teach only Gifted students now and I suddenly raised my hopes to have them dashed again... by some students.
    This makes me think that no matter what we do we're destined to be either disappointed by others or end up disappointing others.

However, this doesn't keep us from trying not to.