User Tag List

Page 159 of 235 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    I had to bring this back. We cannot let our efforts fade away! You know you're an INFJ when you "test" your friends' loyalty. Such as, one simple "test" I do is to not call my friend in a few days to see if he/she will initiate the call. I feel I keep in contact with my friend pretty frequently, but I want to see if they will do the same for me. Anyone else do this?
    Sshhh, you were not supposed to let that secret out.

MBTI
    INFJ

I had to bring this back. We cannot let our efforts fade away! You know you're an INFJ when you "test" your friends' loyalty. Such as, one simple "test" I do is to not call my friend in a few days to see if he/she will initiate the call. I feel I keep in contact with my friend pretty frequently, but I want to see if they will do the same for me. Anyone else do this?
    Guilty as charged! . I do that all the time. Even right now three of my friends are under such a test. One of them is failing quite miserably, having contacted me not once after I "disappeared" two weeks ago.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post
    Sshhh, you were not supposed to let that secret out.
    I was thinking the same. Our quirky ways of showing affection don't really work if people understood our hidden agendas...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Under that sort of test, I wouldn't have any friends
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ when you "test" your friends' loyalty. Such as, one simple "test" I do is to not call my friend in a few days to see if he/she will initiate the call. I feel I keep in contact with my friend pretty frequently, but I want to see if they will do the same for me. Anyone else do this?
    Yes. I cannot help it. It's a burden I have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Under that sort of test, I wouldn't have any friends
    Quite true. Thanks to this constant testing I don't think I have a single "friend" who meets my requirements of friendship. Nowadays, I'm usually in neutral mode when it comes to people. Sometimes I feel neutral+ and neutral- towards them.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quite true. Thanks to this constant testing I don't think I have a single "friend" who meets my requirements of friendship. Nowadays, I'm usually in neutral mode when it comes to people. Sometimes I feel neutral+ and neutral- towards them.
    I guess I need to psycho-analyze deeper into myself to find my standards for things. I'm really not conscious of them I guess.

Hmm, you know you are an INFJ when you don't have values, you have standards. Values are used to apply worth to people, the higher their value the more attention you give them. Also your mental catch-phrase, conscious or not, sometimes can be: "That's not good enough!"
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    AHH!

Quite true. Thanks to this constant testing I don't think I have a single "friend" who meets my requirements of friendship.
    LOL. I am very familiar with this happening. I use little tests in relationships such as this all the time.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    LOL. I am very familiar with this happening. I use little tests in relationships such as this all the time.

In relation to this, I was thinking about the notorius "INFJ doorslam".

Do you INFJs, after testing your friends and seeing them fail, take this as a definite sign of closure?

As for myself, I do feel saddened when this happens but I also know that people cannot read my mind. So, I keep on testing them again and again in hopes that maybe this time they will pass the test.

However, after these tests, the friendship just fizzles away. Doorslam!

And yes, I am aware that this is my problem and not theirs

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    Guilty as charged! . I do that all the time. Even right now three of my friends are under such a test. One of them is failing quite miserably, having contacted me not once after I "disappeared" two weeks ago.
    2 weeks is nothing for me! I rarely call my friends because I am always working on some grand scheme or something and I lose track of time. But I never stop liking my friends, I just get lost in the matrix. But if you call me, I will be overjoyed to hear your voice and expect you to come over asap and help me detonate this new bomb while we gab about life. If not, we can meet for drinks later... but call me to remind me, ok?

(people like me really do mean well, don't slam the door so quickly. )

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    people like me really do mean well, don't slam the door so quickly.

Aww. You know we love you people. Really!