User Tag List

Page 158 of 235 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

The song-in-head thing has just started happening to me in the last few years. Whenever something happens or I have a specific thought - often a worried or regretful one - a lyric will pop into my head to accompany it, one which either illustrates it or has the effect of bucking me up or reminding me of an important lesson. Strange, because when I actively listen to music I listen more to the melody or beat and don't pay so much attention to the lyrics. It's happening a lot more since I started cycling everywhere every day.

Don't question why she needs to be so free
    She'll tell you it's the only way to be
    She just can't be chained to a
    Life where nothing's gained
    and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    The song-in-head thing has just started happening to me in the last few years. Whenever something happens or I have a specific thought - often a worried or regretful one - a lyric will pop into my head to accompany it, one which either illustrates it or has the effect of bucking me up or reminding me of an important lesson. Strange, because when I actively listen to music I listen more to the melody or beat and don't pay so much attention to the lyrics. It's happening a lot more since I started cycling everywhere every day.
    Yeah! For me it usually more of a religious connotation/reminder (Shadow Fi morals using Ni to get conscious?). My family is a strong pentecostal family. 'Small still voice' anyone? I could even go on a tangent on how getting the holy spirit gives INFJ-ish qualities to any type. But that's something to blog about

I'm more interested in the overall construction and 'togetherness' of a song rather than the lyrics and what the message is. My ENFP friend pays more attention to lyrics and the emotion of the song. For me the emotion of the song is only a part of the mood and construction of the song.

I ALWAYS seem to be tapping out the melody or rhythm if my hands arent doing something, even then my foot taps if I'm sitting. It's my 'background action,' like pacing while on the phone. I think it is our way of sating the beast that is our Inferior Se so we can think clearer. I think the only time I'm not tapping something is when I'm reading deeply.

I struggle pretty hard with reading music, I get conflicting messages and my mind just shuts down and I draw a blank. I learn better in 'purer' forms. Music to music, visual to visual, et c.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Phantonym

^What he said

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yes. And it's not weird

I can't say that I have my own, the one and only, "theme song" accompanying my every move but there's always some song I like to listen to in my head. It really is as if I have my own personal playlist in my mind and I can choose songs that correlate with my emotions at that particular time.

It does make sense. Personally, I find that it helps to set the mood. For example, if I'm thinking about something positive I'd like to do, there's always some energizing song I instantly think about. I guess, you could call it a "theme song of a thought" And it differs with different thoughts and emotions. If that makes sense...
    No wonder why I always have a particular song on repeat. I pick up a song that relates to my mood and will listen to it for hours. It helps me to concentrate a specific thought train. Man, we, INFJs are total attention whores w/ over 150 pages.... hahahaha

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    No wonder why I always have a particular song on repeat. I pick up a song that relates to my mood and will listen to it for hours. It helps me to concentrate a specific thought train. Man, we, INFJs are total attention whores w/ over 150 pages.... hahahaha
    Na, ENTPs are, they're the ones that go around tripping threads with their shenanigans. INFJs are just chatty
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I've had the music/song thing for my whole life. I always have a tune playing in my head, and my dreams are usually accompanied by a rousing soundtrack, much like a movie. I have a mental jukebox of literally thousands of songs, many of which I can call up at will.

I've come to believe that musical intelligence and Introverted Intuition may be connected. I was taught to sing as a child, but have no other musical training whatsoever, yet I always score very highly on any test for measuring musical aptitude.

I haven't sung in front of an audience for over 20 years, yet when we recently acquired a Playstation Singstar game, I astonished everyone (including myself) by consistently getting top scores on every song.

Sometimes, if I'm struggling with a problem or dilemma, a song will start to play in the background of my mind. If I ignore it, it just gets louder and louder until I can no longer ignore it. Then I will realise that the song lyrics contain the solution to the problem or the answer to the dilemma or some other astonishing insight. What is this, if not Ni itself in action?
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

I am just reading one of Ian Rankin's Inspector Rebus novels ('Dead Souls') and have noticed that he has this happen to Rebus all the time. He'll interrupt the action, dialogue or whatever, insert the name of a [relevant for the moment] song and its performer, then carry on with the storytelling. I don't think I've ever seen this in any other book.

Apollanaut, this evening I left a workplace I won't be returning to. Emotionally, it's a strange situation: I'm delighted to be moving to a different location of and role within my organization, but am also moving (sideways) because they failed me in my former position, and as a result I failed them. It started to feel painful as I pulled away from the gates, but then Robbie Williams made a private appearance in my head to sing me "No Regrets" and all was well in my world again.

Don't question why she needs to be so free
    She'll tell you it's the only way to be
    She just can't be chained to a
    Life where nothing's gained
    and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Na, ENTPs are, they're the ones that go around tripping threads with their shenanigans. INFJs are just chatty
    HOW DARE YOU?!!!

I say, man, draw your weapon!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    HOW DARE YOU?!!!

I say, man, draw your weapon!

My Ni psychic powers never need to be 'drawn!' *ZAP a la Psychonauts*

Also as an INFJ, I'm very flexible in my knowledge and skills. I could become at least fair at anything I tried without a huge amount of effort. I do pick up some of the simpler things rather slowly, but it's more like my mental doorman doesn't let it in right away and then I wake up one day and -get it- (I couldn't understand subtracting negative numbers for the longest time and then after a few months of not thinking about math I just new it the next school year).

-Nightwish

I had to bring this back. We cannot let our efforts fade away! You know you're an INFJ when you "test" your friends' loyalty. Such as, one simple "test" I do is to not call my friend in a few days to see if he/she will initiate the call. I feel I keep in contact with my friend pretty frequently, but I want to see if they will do the same for me. Anyone else do this?