Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

If you stop and think about it, you can figure out what it's trying to tell you, and then it will go away.

(We all sound like a bunch of nuts ...)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

can talk about yourself allday long but have no clue about cars
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    can talk about yourself allday long but have no clue about cars
    Like cars are important, they just get you from point a to point b. What's important is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! (Exclamation points for emphasis! )

Actually I like to talk about other people too if the person I'm talking to knows that person. Keeps me from feeling self absorbed ( Even though I AM.... )
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday View Post
    Late to the party! 155 pages, phew ....

I think it might be an INFJ thing that I have been asked for directions several times a month for about 20 years, even when (or perhaps especially when) I'm new to a place myself. And that often I can give them. And that when I've been to a place just once I can find it again, sometimes years later, and even in the dark: intuition as Human Compass. Or perhaps I'm just very lucky to have been born with that and it's nothing to do with Type.

There's another useful talent - seeing the end of last night's dream as soon as you lie down and close your eyes the following night, like picking up on a cliffhanger episode - that I've only ever heard of in INFJs, but again for all I know it's widespread/common.
    I still have a great deal to learn here.
    I have the direction sense thing too, exactly as you describe it. I think it's an aspect of intuition, since I'm hopeless at remembering specific details such as street names. I've known other dominant N-types with a similar intuitive direction sense, including my ENTP partner and my best INTJ friend.

As for the dream thing - I do that too, but not on separate nights. I can wake up from a really great dream and then deliberately re-enter it, but only on the same night.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Ever get the impression of your mind being like a stereo stucked on shuffle?
    My mind has always been like that. To gain some control over it, I imagine myself as a DJ, mixing and matching tunes (or thoughts) to suit my mood or current circumstances. My inner DJ is one of my most useful internal archetypes - give it a try yourself - you may be amazed at the results!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Like cars are important, they just get you from point a to point b. What's important is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! (Exclamation points for emphasis! )

Actually I like to talk about other people too if the person I'm talking to knows that person. Keeps me from feeling self absorbed ( Even though I AM.... )
    Thanks, now I at least now that infjs DO need other people. I always thought they lead their troops on their own
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

Senior Member Array gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Hell yeah; I know I need other people. I'd get lost in the bowels of my own mind and never be able to return if it weren't for other people.

THAT would be scary.

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Make sure to give MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! a big hug. MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! deserves it (and it's better than hugging a car)!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I have the direction sense thing, too. I don't always remember street names but I remember a certain colored building at the corner or an unusual tree. I remember buildings that look as if they are haunted or buildings that look as if they have stories... and I can usually find my way after being there once.
    But then again, I walk everywhere and am close to everything so I can see it and touch it and smell it.
    Once I was told that, even though I am an isfp, there is a little infj inside of me.
    So... you can talk to my inner infj if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I have the direction sense thing too, exactly as you describe it. I think it's an aspect of intuition, since I'm hopeless at remembering specific details such as street names. I've known other dominant N-types with a similar intuitive direction sense, including my ENTP partner and my best INTJ friend.

As for the dream thing - I do that too, but not on separate nights. I can wake up from a really great dream and then deliberately re-enter it, but only on the same night.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hey, I'm not even sure I'm aware or how strong my convictions are until I'm faced with something that makes my convictions surface
    Yep, and they have to be authentic. It's just no good to believe I feel a certain way about something, I have to know it's the truth. I can't stand the idea that one day I'll find out that I never actually had the conviction at all. I don't think I could live with that.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~