Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Actually, drunkards on the street have told me that I have an angry face. And I was just doing my own thing in my mind, not judging them
    I've been asked, "What's wrong?!?!" as I just sit thinking about something. ha.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    I've been asked, "What's wrong?!?!" as I just sit thinking about something. ha.
    I get the same thing. I'm always baffled when people make such ridiculous assumptions. Why is that? I mean, when I see people I'm always in this 50/50 mode when I take into consideration that my assumptions might not be exactly correct. They say that seeing is believing but come on...give it some thought too

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I get the same thing. I'm always baffled when people make such ridiculous assumptions. Why is that? I mean, when I see people I'm always in this 50/50 mode when I take into consideration that my assumptions might not be exactly correct. They say that seeing is believing but come on...give it some thought too
    I'm always tempted to ask an INFJ I know 'What's up?' or 'Whacha thinking about?' but I know it will only throw her off. It's tough to keep my Fe on a leash sometimes

You know you're an INFJ when you think you could totally pull off some of the things in Justine Larbalestier's book Magic or Madness like a 'radar' and just knowing how many of things there are with just a little bit more practice.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Late to the party! 155 pages, phew ....

I think it might be an INFJ thing that I have been asked for directions several times a month for about 20 years, even when (or perhaps especially when) I'm new to a place myself. And that often I can give them. And that when I've been to a place just once I can find it again, sometimes years later, and even in the dark: intuition as Human Compass. Or perhaps I'm just very lucky to have been born with that and it's nothing to do with Type.

There's another useful talent - seeing the end of last night's dream as soon as you lie down and close your eyes the following night, like picking up on a cliffhanger episode - that I've only ever heard of in INFJs, but again for all I know it's widespread/common.
    I still have a great deal to learn here.

Don't question why she needs to be so free
    She'll tell you it's the only way to be
    She just can't be chained to a
    Life where nothing's gained
    and nothing's lost
    at such a cost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I retreat into my world of music ALL the time. I always have headphones on, 20% of the time, no music is playing. It's my, "I'm not in the mood to talk" mode.

I will match my music to whatever mood I'm in or based on what the weather is like.
    Doing so helps me focus on whatever I'm doing or thinking about, it helps me experience things more and feel to a deeper level... its like steroids or something. (is that strange??)

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    People seems to read my face as someone who is pissed off or somethan. Usually I laugh it off because 9 times out of 10 I'm enjoying myself.
    That happens to me too.
    Just the other day someone asked me, "What are you upset about?".
    "Nothing," I replied, "what are you talking about?"
    "Oh, you just had this look on your face like you were really angry or something."

I was actually in a pretty good mood. *shrug*

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I will match my music to whatever mood I'm in or based on what the weather is like.
    Doing so helps me focus on whatever I'm doing or thinking about, it helps me experience things more and feel to a deeper level... its like steroids or something. (is that strange??)

No, it's not strange. I do this as well. It seems that the music I listen to sort of amplifies my mood at that particular point. Music helps to turn off all the disturbing "noises" from the outside world at that moment and it helps to really focus on my inner "peace". But that "peace" inside of me is like a continuous flow of energy that is all over the place and music kind of controls it or forces it to flow the way I want/need it to flow. Boy, I hope this makes any sense

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, it's not strange. I do this as well. It seems that the music I listen to sort of amplifies my mood at that particular point. Music helps to turn off all the disturbing "noises" from the outside world at that moment and it helps to really focus on my inner "peace". But that "peace" inside of me is like a continuous flow of energy that is all over the place and music kind of controls it or forces it to flow the way I want/need it to flow. Boy, I hope this makes any sense

That makes perfect sense. It's almost like I wrote it.
    Maybe I did write it... through the INFJ hive mind.

*high five*

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    That makes perfect sense. It's almost like I wrote it.
    Maybe I did write it... through the INFJ hive mind.

*high five*

Hive mind. That's a good one!

*high five right back at ya*

Sniffles

Ever get the impression of your mind being like a stereo stucked on shuffle?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Ever get the impression of your mind being like a stereo stucked on shuffle?
    Definitely! I can think of some topic and then a few seconds of 'disk switching' in my head happens and a different topic happens. Usually related in a vague, N way to the first. A lot of the time there isn't even that 'blank period' between topics.

A combination of that and a broken tape recorder. Some weeks I just have -some- phrase repeating itself in my head. It could be any random phrase. IT's irritating to a HUGE degree.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.