Senior Member Array Pseudonym_Alpha's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    you feel like a spy
    the stranger everyone knows so well
    you have to check your persona at the door, just to make sure its still you
    haha yes! I can relate.

when you go to your friends party of about 6 people that are regulars and at some point during the night, they all come up and ask you for advice on relationship experiences. Not sure if anyone else gets the "go-to-get-advice person" treatment :P
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym_Alpha View Post
    haha yes! I can relate.

when you go to your friends party of about 6 people that are regulars and at some point during the night, they all come up and ask you for advice on relationship experiences. Not sure if anyone else gets the "go-to-get-advice person" treatment :P
    from everyone
    I N V I C T U S

Phantonym

haha yes! I can relate.

I've read in this thread that INFJ's are prone to such experiences Personally, only strangers approach me either to ask for directions or the elderly ask me to read them the labels in grocery stores.
    I've never had this personal connection with people who want to discuss their personal issues. I long for it though, to be honest. I know that some people here would actually prefer not to be bothered but since I've never had this experience (in a way that it would be annoying), it would be an interesting experience.

I keep wondering if it's me or them Maybe its the infamous "INFJ dispassionate face" that scares them away? Actually, drunkards on the street have told me that I have an angry face. And I was just doing my own thing in my mind, not judging them

World is strange and people are weird and I love it

Senior Member Array Pseudonym_Alpha's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Actually, drunkards on the street have told me that I have an angry face.
    YES! I get that a heck of a lot!

People seems to read my face as someone who is pissed off or somethan. Usually I laugh it off because 9 times out of 10 I'm enjoying myself.

Ref: picture in the pictures thread. (Think its in the bonfire section.)
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

YES! I get that a heck of a lot!

People seems to read my face as someone who is pissed off or somethan. Usually I laugh it off because 9 times out of 10 I'm enjoying myself.

Ref: picture in the pictures thread. (Think its in the bonfire section.)
    I'm just called creepy, since I'm the only person in my school who wanders the hall to clear my head. Usually with my iPod on. I also have that face, until I think of something funny, then I can't help but smile a little.

I am also very upfront about my irritation towards people irritating me. I can very much relate to the '... Fe as a lead pipe' statement made earlier in the thread.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I'm just called creepy, since I'm the only person in my school who wanders the hall to clear my head. Usually with my iPod on. I also have that face, until I think of something funny, then I can't help but smile a little.
    I did that in highschool, too! But no one called me creepy about it. I remember a couple of my teachers would run into me in the morning, since that's when I'd have time to do it, and say hello and ask why I was always wandering around. I'd tell them I needed to think and sort my head out, and they seemed to understand and like that I did that. (I loved my teachers in highschool. They were so awesome, especially the english and art teachers I had.--Probably because I was so enthusiastic about learning those two subjects.)

Hell, I still do it, just in the courtyard outside in the middle of the night...which is much smaller than an entire highschool. It makes me feel like an animal in a cage sometimes. If Savannah weren't so dangerous in the middle of the night, I'd probably wander around the back alleys and things, thinking.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I'm the only person in my school who wanders the hall to clear my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I'd tell them I needed to think and sort my head out
    How do/did you deal with studying for exams?

The reason I ask is because I tend to walk around in my apartment (I would be too concerned about bothering anybody with it in the library)when studying. And it's always patterned, walking either clockwise, counter-clockwise, straight line etc. It sort of gets me into a rhythmical mood. It seems to help me keep focused.

I wouldn't exactly call it type-related though More of a personal preference.

Just wondering how everybody else deals with them.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You know you're an INFJ when you're frequently invisible or a 'mirror' to the world, but when you're close enough to someone that you finally emerge from your shell, you tend to leave them both bewildered and entertained by all the stuff you come out with.
    um, and burned out????
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The reason I ask is because I tend to walk around in my apartment (I would be too concerned about bothering anybody with it in the library)when studying. And it's always patterned, walking either clockwise, counter-clockwise, straight line etc. It sort of gets me into a rhythmical mood. It seems to help me keep focused.

I usually sat down and read my notes over and then recopied some parts of them. I'm very visual when it comes to test-memory, so I'd try my best to engrave the image of my note page into my head. After I'd have studied, I'd usually pace around for a bit because having lots of information in my head at once tends to get me "excited" in that I get really antsy, so walking around for a bit tends to release some of that excess energy.

It's interesting how integrated the mind and body is.

When I talk to people on the phone, I do what you do. The rhythmic, patterned pacing. If I don't, I immediately lose all focus on what the person is saying.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ive never studied for an exam, not even my ACT (Shameless plug: got a 28 on it, woo). I find that if I didn't know it on the test, I wasn't paying attention in class. I would only study if I knew something in the test was not taught during the class periods, or if I missed a day of class and knew I missed some new subject.

When I talk to people on the phone, I do what you do. The rhythmic, patterned pacing. If I don't, I immediately lose all focus on what the person is saying.
    Me too!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.