Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Hear, hear!!!!!!!
    Oh Man!...Is that true? Ahh Huh...I cannot believe it
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Senior Member Array something boring's Avatar
    MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    I've been told I'm too straight or blunt about this, but it's just so that my Fe absolutely loathes those big elephants taking all the space. So I point them out thinking I could clean up the space. Sorta like a devil's advocate.
    But I thik I'm too absent minded about other stuff to notice and make a remark about 'em.

And the above answer crosses over to this a bit, if the elephant is of emotional quality.
    I've felt a bit stupid of never bothering to learn to understand people since I could always gravitate with 'whatever-emotion-is-in-the-air-at-the-moment- and-where-it-came-from' -sense and not get in trouble and be liked to a limit. I'm learning to understand now though.
    We're empaths, I suppose.
    If you don't mind.. This brings my ISTJ mom to mind. She's the opposite, great at telling people's underlaying motivations and responses and what they'll most likely do next (according to previous actions; that Si is... somewhat scary), but she seems to be oblivious to emotions and emotional responses until they smack her in the face.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've had an NFP complaining that she can't understand me at all at times.

*stops hijacking thread*

Yes.
    I think I'm right there with ya, painting of the elephant included. It's actually kind of cool to see the look of, "exactly!" on people's faces... I never tire of that...

Originally posted by felt up, altered by me, and everyone before me

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times
    Yep, can't count the number of times I've held my hands up and said, "Wait, this is the good part"

-you see connections between radically different things
    Yep

-your wardrobe is all black, but your shoes are colorful
    check, hadn't noticed that before...

-you are one of three people at a Swedish film festival
    No

-you wonder if you will ever see the one you are infatuated with again
    almost always

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music
    Yep, lake & river, too.

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them
    Yep

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does
    Yep

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating
    yes argh

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke
    Yep, I am especially prone to this at work for some reason.

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams
    Yep

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long
    I have only recently started to notice, actually, but that might have to do with upbringing

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it
    Depends. Some things, I get easily. Other things, not so much. Sometimes, I have no clue.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    -You have imaginary conversations going on in your head for hours on end.

-You compulsively eavesdrop on others' conversations.

-You are an Atheist yet still consider yourself "spiritual".

-You psychoanalyze your therapist.

-You are the person everyone wants to talk to if they have things troubling them.
    Yes on all of these, although rather than an Atheist I suppose I'd consider myself Agnostic due to my interest in the spiritual.

Uh... yeah. I am a terrible eavesdropper though. I thought that was just me. I also found myself analysing my therapist, yep, and I am indeed the person that everyone wants to talk to when there is something bothering them... often to the point where I exhaust myself trying to be there for them all at once. It's not actually very healthy, but hey. I try to moderate it, but if someone needs my help I find it incredibly hard to refuse them.

Actually, that leads me onto another one if it hasn't already been covered...
    You know you're an INFJ when you find it difficult to confide in others because 'the shoulder cries harder'? Is that true for anyone else here?

Um... and I'm not sure if this one has already been covered or not either buuut...
    You know you're an INFJ when you're frequently invisible or a 'mirror' to the world, but when you're close enough to someone that you finally emerge from your shell, you tend to leave them both bewildered and entertained by all the stuff you come out with.
    Last edited by Faine; 04-21-2009 at 04:38 AM. Reason: INFJ ocd.

MBTI
    fool

You know you're an INFJ when you're frequently invisible or a 'mirror' to the world, but when you're close enough to someone that you finally emerge from your shell, you tend to leave them both bewildered and entertained by all the stuff you come out with.
    Yea. I don't know about how I leave them though, entertained is not the verb I'd use though

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Yea. I don't know about how I leave them though, entertained is not the verb I'd use though
    I'm curious...
    *shines the interrogation light in your face*
    How would you describe it? Have you had negative reactions, plain confusion... or something else...?

I've had negative reactions from people when I've been so desperate to connect with someone that I've opened up to the wrong individuals. In the end it makes me very picky about the kind of people I'll actually be completely myself around. More often than not I choose not to voice my thoughts because it just isn't worth it, they wouldn't 'get' it, or they just wouldn't care. This even happens within my own family to an extent, they tend to think there's something wrong with me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

-the world stops when the favorite part of your song comes on...a song that your itunes play-counter claims you've listened to 3957 times
    Yes. Sometimes I'll even rewind and listen to the same few-second part over and over.

-you see connections between radically different things
    Yeah.

-you live in a neighborhood with art, trees, books, and music
    I'd certainly like to. That sounds like perfection.

-you understand the nature of people but don't know how to be with them
    Definitely true to an extent.

-you know what's around the corner before everyone else does
    Yeah...although at the same time, I can be oblivious to what's going on right in front of me.

-you feel most people are transparent and OBVIOUS and their lack of subtlety can be grating
    Totally true at times.

-you are attuned to absurdity in the most mundane thing, and may burst out laughing uncontrollably at the absolute wrong moment. No one else gets the joke
    All the time. Or I'll just think back on something and be struck how funny it is all over again and start laughing randomly.

-you feel like when you make a connection with someone, it's for life. Long after they've disappeared, they regularly show up in your daydreams
    Definitely. I'm fairly sure that I still think about people long after they've forgotten about me. Feeling a connection makes such an impact on me.

-you can't inhabit an environment that is unaesthetically pleasing for too long
    I can and do, but it's definitely not ideal.

-you know what you want but you never seem to be able to get it
    Mhmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    Actually, that leads me onto another one if it hasn't already been covered...
    You know you're an INFJ when you find it difficult to confide in others because 'the shoulder cries harder'? Is that true for anyone else here?
    Could you explain what you mean by this? I think I get it, and I do have trouble confiding in people, but it's usually an issue of trust and not wanting to emotionally burden others.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    One

.....you feel like you're never a participant, but always an observer.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sade
    About the love of intensive music.. Anyone else love Disturbed? Some of the lyrics just strike me somehow, besides the music itself.
    Not Disturbed, they don't have enough emphasis on instrumentation. I'm more of a Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, and Dark Moor fan (All powermetal, or 'White Metal' in my head).

I can't stand anything depressing, I call it 'Gray metal.'
    'Red Metal' like Turmion Kätilöt is exciting because it just pumps me up without lasting depression like, say, System of a Down or 'emo screamo' bands.
    'Blue Metal', like Rammstein, is also good at times because it's strangely poetic.
    'Purple Metal' like Lacuna Coil and Nightwish.
    'Golden Metal' is kind of like powermetal, but more proggy. Stuff like Ayreon, Stream of Passion, and Edenbridge.

*Is a bit of a nerd when it comes to heavy music*

.....you feel like you're never a participant, but always an observer.
    I wish I could -just- observe most of the time! I don't like having people drag me into a thing called 'work.' *Grumble*
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    One

You focus on the big picture way too much.

....you can't complete a good joke because you want to say the beginning, the middle, and the punch-line all at the same time!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Obstinate View Post
    You focus on the big picture way too much.

....you can't complete a good joke because you want to say the beginning, the middle, and the punch-line all at the same time!
    Hence the beauty of one-liners.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost