User Tag List

Page 147 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ......you have an INTJ best friend.
    You know, I think I AM my INTJ best friend. Seriously. I think I might be borderline T. It's like there's this one side of me that's totally an F going through all kinds of emotional and weird stuff and then there's this T side of me that rationalizes all that stuff. It's like a constant battle in my mind, or maybe not a battle but this friendly duel (is this an oxymoron? ) between F and T.
    Hello, cuckoo

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when you're ... Clumsy ?
    Oh yes, that's me alright.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    You know, I think I AM my INTJ best friend. Seriously. I think I might be borderline T. It's like there's this one side of me that's totally an F going through all kinds of emotional and weird stuff and then there's this T side of me that rationalizes all that stuff. It's like a constant battle in my mind, or maybe not a battle but this friendly duel (is this an oxymoron? ) between F and T.
    Hello, cuckoo
    I can definitely tell when my functions work. INFJ is just the core type. I split off into different function uses. It really messed with me when I tried to type myself. I can definitely relate to the T-mind thing. It goes with one of the comments early in this thread 'You have the mind of a T but cant say 90% of it because it could hurt someone's feelings'
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hello, cuckoo
    Sometimes it feels like Fe is pulling me back, other times, Ti. But rarely do they function in synchrony There's never complete peace, even though I'm trying to create something like SC to my head to calm things down, but even that backfires at me. The most peaceful times I get are when I engage a lot of my energies in Ni+Fe, or Se, and it's the worst (internal conflict) when I engage to Ni+Ti. I don't really understand functions well, but that's what it feels like.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

The most peaceful times I get are when I engage a lot of my energies in Ni+Fe, or Se, and it's the worst (internal conflict) when I engage to Ni+Ti. I don't really understand functions well, but that's what it feels like.
    Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. Ni and Ti are very similar. Where Ni naturally sees connections, Ti creates them with logic. With this, Ti fights against Ni, questioning all of your main function's conclusions. It feels the same with Fe and shadow Fi, I could laugh at something but then feel bad for laughing at it because it seems morally wrong to laugh at it.

Sometimes it sucks having even your unconscious functions pipe up all the time. I've felt at times when I know how it feels to go insane. I mean the process of your mind stretching, not actually being insane. I let that out with a lot of eccentricity
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I can be hyperaware of my body and yet be amazingly clumsy. "Where did that #&& chair come from"
    I've too, too many examples of this to even begin to list them here! I'm infamous for spilling drinks. Either I miss the edge of the table and it falls over onto the floor, or I sweep my arm across while gesticulating and send it flying everywhere.

It's most annoying when it's a pint of beer or cider, a) for the volume of liquid and the collateral damage (everyone else in range) b) because I end up smelling like an alcoholic until I can change clothes, and c) because it's such a sheer waste of a good beverage.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. Ni and Ti are very similar. Where Ni naturally sees connections, Ti creates them with logic. With this, Ti fights against Ni, questioning all of your main function's conclusions. It feels the same with Fe and shadow Fi, I could laugh at something but then feel bad for laughing at it because it seems morally wrong to laugh at it.

Sometimes it sucks having even your unconscious functions pipe up all the time. I've felt at times when I know how it feels to go insane. I mean the process of your mind stretching, not actually being insane. I let that out with a lot of eccentricity
    I've often thought if a psychiatrist ever gets hold of me then I'm doomed - I'd be carted off to a mental institution in a flash! :crazy:

I'm usually aware when an unconscious function has risen up into a dominant position. My changing avatars on this forum tend to reflect that. At present I'm using Professor Pat Pending, from the old Wacky Races cartoon. He's an archetype of my tertiary and somewhat child-like Ti function.

I'll change it soon, because my Trickster archetype has become highly prominent in the last week or two. In INFJs, Te is our Trickster function, and I'm beginning to realise that my Te is working far more effectively IRL than it ever has before. Maybe it's my next function to develop, now that I'm finally gaining conscious control over Se. I've yet to find an image to represent my Trickster, but as soon as I do I'll make it my new avatar!

Whee! More INFJ tangential ramblings - what fun! (Now that was definitely my Trickster speaking!)
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    fool

I'll change it soon, because my Trickster archetype has become highly prominent in the last week or two. In INFJs, Te is our Trickster function, and I'm beginning to realise that my Te is working far more effectively IRL than it ever has before. Maybe it's my next function to develop, now that I'm finally gaining conscious control over Se. I've yet to find an image to represent my Trickster, but as soon as I do I'll make it my new avatar!

Whee! More INFJ tangential ramblings - what fun! (Now that was definitely my Trickster speaking!)
    You know you're an INFJ when... you sound like you have multiple personality disorder when you're trying to explain your mental workings and schemes

Senior Member Array

I can be hyperaware of my body and yet be amazingly clumsy. "Where did that #&& chair come from"
    ... I just noticed a new bruise on my leg. Must have bumbed it on something. Damn chairs. :steam:
    Overall my Se, even though I think it's pretty good, is a failure.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    ... I just noticed a new bruise on my leg. Must have bumbed it on something. Damn chairs. :steam:
    Overall my Se, even though I think it's pretty good, is a failure.
    There are so many minor wounds I don't notice until they're already half healed and I wonder 'Where'd this come from?'

-Nightwish