User Tag List

Page 145 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    You know you're an INFJ when...

you use after every one of your arguments.
    Eh. That's only if we're feeling conciliatory. That seems more indicative of an ENFP.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Eh. That's only if we're feeling conciliatory. That seems more indicative of an ENFP.
    isn't that what i said? after every argument to make peace

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

isn't that what i said? after every argument to make peace
    Yup... I'm just oblivious when peace needs to be made. Usually I'm rankled enough to where I just need to cool off before the s can commence.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    Do you find you ask others a lot of questions for the sake of stimulating conversation? Usually, I know the answer the other person is going to give, but I just like to focus my attention on the other person and keep the conversation going.

Also, on a bad day, I find myself to be quite misanthropic and critical of others in my own head without wanting to be. I rarely voice my negative opinions of others, though. Would you agree with this?
    More often than not I do know what they're going to say before they say it, yes, and sometimes I'll ask questions to which I already know the answer just to keep people happy and to reassure them that I'm interested in what they have to say. I usually find I don't need to though, as the majority of people seem content to chatter away about anything and everything and require very little encouragement from me other than for the occasional smile, 'mmm' or 'yeah' to prove I'm listening. That usually works out fine, because I'm generally more of a listener than a talker anyway. The bottom line is: normally I'm quite comfortable with silence myself, but a lot of people don't seem to be, so I try to make sure they're not feeling awkward or ignored by asking them questions about whatever they seem to enjoy talking about. Most of the time I am genuinely interested as well, I like learning about people.

Yes for the second point too. They're rare, but on a bad day I feel completely isolated from the world and generally have a chip on my shoulder about everyone and everything. I'll start picking people apart, doubting their intentions, getting frustrated with individuals as well as humanity as a whole and consider a large number of people just plain 'stupid' or inferior... superiority complex to the max. Ouch. I never ever, ever voice these negative thoughts though. People often don't even realise I'm having a bad day, even though I'm feeling very melodramatic and depressive inside my own head. I suppose a part of me realises I'm going overboard and keeps it all under control. On a normal day I'm honestly very accepting and see the good in everyone. I really hate the silent monster I become on a bad day, it's like I become an entirely different person at times.

you use after every one of your arguments.
    This one made me grin. I don't know if I'd use that emote, but your point still remains. It's very rare for me to have an arguement with someone without trying to keep the peace one way or another. Then again, I wouldn't say that I argue all that often anyway. It takes an awful lot to get me really angry, even when I'm defending something I feel passionately about.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

...at age 8 you tell your mom you want to become "someone who solves conflict" when you grow up (I always felt like I could see human relationships like coloured lines crossing the room).

...every day is a conscious battle not to turn into a crazy catlady.

...you tell your INTJ friend that you don't mind being an INFJ, you just wished you were better at it.

...you were born at the age of about 55 (I was such an old fart when I was little) and at 36 you feel like you're finally hitting emotional puberty, in reverse (like the curious case of Benjamin Button).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Split_Infinitive View Post
    ...every day is a conscious battle not to turn into a crazy catlady.
    Battle? Nay, sir! It is an all out war! And I am losing, but I think I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Split_Infinitive View Post
    ...you were born at the age of about 55 (I was such an old fart when I was little) and at 36 you feel like you're finally hitting emotional puberty, in reverse (like the curious case of Benjamin Button).
    I'm still an old fart in my head. Mentally, I feel like I'm 40 or something... Emotionally and relationally, I'm 15 stuck on that first date with myself. And then somewhere in there is a 7-year-old running around causing havock and excitement. While physically I'm 21.

Sometimes, I really am confused and don't know what age I really am. So, I cut off a toe and count the rings just to have something to go by.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

ByMySword

....you have this intuitive feeling that you're the "chosen one" in some form or another and that you are supposed to make a lasting effect on people, the world, existence, etc.

Logically, you rationalize that the odds are slim that this is probably true, but there's a little voice in the back of your mind that continues to push for this scenario.

Anyone?

ByMySword

......you have an INTJ best friend.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ....you have this intuitive feeling that you're the "chosen one" in some form or another and that you are supposed to make a lasting effect on people, the world, existence, etc.

Logically, you rationalize that the odds are slim that this is probably true, but there's a little voice in the back of your mind that continues to push for this scenario.

Anyone?
    yup, we're all da one.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post

Anyone?
    Sigh.. perhaps.