Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hey, I'm not even sure I'm aware or how strong my convictions are until I'm faced with something that makes my convictions surface
    +1
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines as Sky is Blue and Kyrielle.

And by the way, Kyrielle:

"God tolerates evil and accommplishes His good purposes from it."
    -Journey

(Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. KJV)
    A fine answer. There is no right or wrong answer, but I do love asking questions and it is good to see you have found an answer.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to sometimes talk in cirlces when I am writing a paper. I think this is largely due to the fact that I want to elaborate on an idea, but I can't always find the words to do so. I end up restating an already stated idea in hopes that something will come to my mind. Granted, I am a very strong writer, however I tend to have the "superman" problem where my brain thinks faster than I can talk. I can't catch my train of thought.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndifferentOne View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to sometimes talk in cirlces when I am writing a paper. I think this is largely due to the fact that I want to elaborate on an idea, but I can't always find the words to do so. I end up restating an already stated idea in hopes that something will come to my mind. Granted, I am a very strong writer, however I tend to have the "superman" problem where my brain thinks faster than I can talk. I can't catch my train of thought.
    This is quite normal for INFJs, I often go around in circles when I'm trying to write down a complex idea. It's not always a bad thing, either. It allows the reader to explore your ideas from many different perspectives, which is how INJs tend to think.

As for the superspeed trains of thought - just be grateful for the ones you do manage to catch. Most INJs would go crazy if we were able to hold on to all of the thousands of thoughts that flit through our minds on a daily (hourly?) basis!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by IndifferentOne View Post
    Definitely! It's part of the reason my handwriting is so sloppy, because if I don't keep up with my train of thought, I end up back at square one. I also like typing because it's more uniform and the margins are automatic (My notes in school are crammed with notes in the margin... mainly because I have doodles everywhere else )

I also find that when I want to elaborate, I cant because I have a different, good thought coming from another direction and I have to get THAT one down or risk losing it all together.

INFJs dont need extreme sports, trying to write a paper is harrowing enough sometimes!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array something boring's Avatar
    MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Definitely! It's part of the reason my handwriting is so sloppy, because if I don't keep up with my train of thought, I end up back at square one. I also like typing because it's more uniform and the margins are automatic (My notes in school are crammed with notes in the margin... mainly because I have doodles everywhere else )

I also find that when I want to elaborate, I cant because I have a different, good thought coming from another direction and I have to get THAT one down or risk losing it all together.

INFJs dont need extreme sports, trying to write a paper is harrowing enough sometimes!

I've actually gotten into the practice of writing a (very) shorthand note type thing to remind myself of the first thought while I follow the second.

More often than not, though, it's incomplete, like a question mark hanging off of already cramped chicken-scratch notes.

Also, I am often unaware of my own convictions as well.
    There are a few, however, that I just don't feel like sharing with the rest of the world, namely, because they aren't up for debate. My mind is made up, and I know people will ask questions, and try to argue... etc. and I just don't want to go there. Other things, just don't seem like they need to be shared. No one cares about my weird obsessive reasons for eating lunch at a particular time, or why I prefer one pair of socks over another, so unless I'm on Ti/Se blowout mode (lol) no one will hear about it.

Still other things, I am perfectly comfortable sharing, and others aren't sure what to make of it at first because the subject isn't something you "ought" to discuss... I am the most secretive queen of TMI ever.

That was a pretty good example of a "thought tangent", actually...
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by something boring View Post
    No one cares about my weird obsessive reasons for eating lunch at a particular time, or why I prefer one pair of socks over another, so unless I'm on Ti/Se blowout mode (lol) no one will hear about it.
    OMG, you do that too! No-one can understand why I eat my lunch so much later than everyone else, and I do the sock thing, too. Don't even get me started on my preferred method for stacking my dishwasher - guests soon learn never to try to "help" by stacking it for me. Only my mother can do it "properly", in fact her system was better than my own, damn it!

These behviours originate from our inferior Se. There is not an INFJ or INTJ on the planet who does not have a few weird little obsessive quirks, no matter how much they may deny it!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Senior Member Array something boring's Avatar
    MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    OMG, you do that too! No-one can understand why I eat my lunch so much later than everyone else, and I do the sock thing, too. Don't even get me started on my preferred method for stacking my dishwasher - guests soon learn never to try to "help" by stacking it for me. Only my mother can do it "properly", in fact her system was better than my own, damn it!

These behviours originate from our inferior Se. There is not an INFJ or INTJ on the planet who does not have a few weird little obsessive quirks, no matter how much they may deny it!
    You have no idea how glad I am to know that these things aren't just me. Lol... I am so glad I found this site...
    (My grandmother's dishwasher loading system reigns in my house, and my mother hates that I use it at her house, too.)
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

This thread makes me happy.

Now I know I'm not a freak... well, I am a freak, but there are other freaks like me who I can relate to. Hi freaks.

Yes, I read through every page... though over the course of about a week, I might add. There is so much posted here that I can see in myself, that if I were to quote it all and agree with it I'd probably end up spamming up half the page or more. Anyway, I figured I'd try to contribute instead. I had a lot of 'you know you're an INFJ when...' ideas as I was reading through everything... but now I've completely forgotten them all. Yeah, I bet you all saw that one coming. They're there, somewhere in the back of my brain, but they're refusing to come forward at the moment.

Ugh. Why did I not write these things doooown?

Uhm... yeah, you know you're an INFJ when you forget your ideas as quickly as you realise them.
    I think that one has already been established though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

you know you're an INFJ when....

you watch " Knowing " and thought someone made a movie off of your diary
    I N V I C T U S