You're easily amused.
    Very, but not funny myself.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    You're easily amused.
    I find the absurd to be funny. Too bad my ISFP and ISFj friend don't understand Monty Python humor

I give off an aura of oogy boogy-ness that seems to keep people away from me (Unless its friends or good acquaintances during lunch, then I'm pretty open and then my glowing underbelly* shows.)

I found a new type of INFJ to add to the Humanist Scholar and Confidant types: The Frenzied Doer. The one I know is easily bored if not doing something ("Guess what guys! I actually had free time so I cleaned my room!") Her business makes it hard to get a date with her... (*Cough* )

She's also more popular (In the sense that people greet her more often than not).

*Not LITERALLY
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Very, but not funny myself.
    I keep my friends rolling ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    no
    Ok, this is kind of random and unrelated and might even come off as being offensive and I'm not even INFJ so I'm not even sure what I'm doing in this thread but I think it's because I happen to have a lot of INFJs in my life and they fascinate me because they're so different and mysterious and talkative and quiet and just generally paradoxical creatures that are incredibly lovely and hard to understand; but... um...

INFJs. They do this...this thing. The INFJs I know, anyway.
    I'll go on a long tirade about something (which I don't do often, but you know, on occasion...) or talk about how much I enjoy something to an INFJ, and then I'll ask them: don't they like it, too? And I get a....

"No."

Gotta love the chillingly frank honesty.

(Sorry, Thursday, I don't mean to pick on you. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying. )

Carry on!

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I do the same thing...Why start a project for it to take a long time? Such a process type thing to do...Efficiency and condensing is where it's at for me...perhaps this is your preference too?

I mean, when I have a constant stream of thoughts I like to get them down..Not do one, take 5 mins. and do something else then return to writing. This just ends up with me saying "Now where was I?"

What about you?
    Actually, I'm a lot like this. I rarely finish an assignment ahead of time (unless it's a huge paper... I sometimes need several days to organize my ideas or it kind of sounds like a drunk person wrote it but I still write papers the night before) and I tend to and like to wait until the last possible minute. It's kind of refreshing not having so much time to dwell on something because I get way too sidetracked.

haha, if I weren't INFJ, I

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I mostly keep my amusement to myself, but a lot of things do strike me rather funny. I end up with suppressed smirks at the most inopportune times. It's a difficult humor to communicate because "you had to be there" and "there" is inside my head. Alot is imagination based. I do have the ability to instill a deep sense of silliness into most any creature.

Some of my favorite humor involves nuanced facial expressions, paradox, and clever word play. I especially like "Flight of the Concords", "The Office", and the Comedy Central's news shows. I was also rather fond of "Bubble Boy" and...

"Kabluey".

The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Senior Member Array

I am easily amused by contradictory and absurd things, word plays. And morbid humour. But I do keep it to myself a lot.

Which reminds me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    *snip*
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

Well, actually it's not that funny since I have an INFP moping at me for that exact reason. But still. I've tried to tell her I don't need that long tirade of speech. Ah well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

This is the best quote you've read in quite a while:

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    - George Washington
    As far as the humor issue goes...I have a good sense of humor, but I don't think of myself as overtly funny. I love to laugh and do so very often, and humor is something I value in friendships. I definitely can be funny and have a sort of sarcastic/observational humor of my own, but it typically doesn't come out until I'm very comfortable with someone. I come across as much more serious than I am at heart. More than once, I've had good friends later say, "When I first met you, I had no idea you were funny."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Which reminds me.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Well, actually it's not that funny since I have an INFP moping at me for that exact reason. But still. I've tried to tell her I don't need that long tirade of speech. Ah well.
    Lol. You know you love us.
    I had a hard time explaining myself there. It's often not even a long tirade of speech that brings about those kind of abrupt answers because I haven't even learned how to speak yet. But one word answers can be such conversation killers, and make me wonder why I made an effort to talk to the person in the first place.

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    "Kabluey".

I tried liking that movie but I didn't find it funny at all. It wasn't too bad, but funny?.....I might have smiled once during the whole movie.