User Tag List

Page 135 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2345

Thread: You know you're an INFJ when...

I think my sentimental attachment to physical objects might've flourished under different life-circumstances however.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    So true.
    Oh, that makes me think.
    When you talk in your head. Do you always talk with the second person singular or do you use "I"?
    I tend to use "you". "Ok,[my name] you need to do this today!You said you would!".
    Just out of curiosity.
    interesting, I tend to use 'you' as well, actually!! which makes me feel even more removed from myself.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

relax dude. so much for loving kindness?
    I happen to have a great ENTP friend, the one I was b!7ching about seems to see me as an enemy. OH and I have suppressed Fe (Gotta love the masculine stereotype and peer pressure)... so what loving kindness?

Quote Originally Posted by tess2008 View Post
    : even in moments of 'pure'-ness, like watching a sunset, or being extremely angry/ upset, you are STILL analyzing your own feelings/ the situation and considering what it means, why it's happening, and (if it's a bad situation) how you could potentially get out of it/ not be feeling the pain you're feeling, and then you start trying to note the way you feel/ what's happening, and compare it to the way other people must feel when they're in the same predicament, etcetcetc, and this is all happening AS you're experiencing the moment.

you're always, always, always outside yourself.

maybe it's just me,
    I dont know about outside myself, but I DO relate 110% to the self-critiquing.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    You know you are an INFJ when as a child you where afraid to leave your teddy bear at home because you where afraid of hurting his feelings.
    Hee...I used to line all of my stuffed animals up on one side of the bed before sleeping. I didn't want to leave any of them out because I thought their feelings might get hurt.

I don't know if it's overcompensating or what, but in my adult life I have completely eschewed sentimental attachment to objects.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    Hee...I used to line all of my stuffed animals up on one side of the bed before sleeping. I didn't want to leave any of them out because I thought their feelings might get hurt.

I don't know if it's overcompensating or what, but in my adult life I have completely eschewed sentimental attachment to objects.
    See, I would've found such a crowd overwhelming. I donated a lot of my stuffed animals when I was a kid to sunday school or wherever. My mom thought it was generous, but really I was trying to simplify my life and also send the animals to loving homes because I couldn't provide them with it.

I'm a one-bear woman.

This bear, specifically.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    So true.
    Oh, that makes me think.
    When you talk in your head. Do you always talk with the second person singular or do you use "I"?
    I tend to use "you". "Ok,[my name] you need to do this today!You said you would!".
    Just out of curiosity.
    I asked myself if I do this too, and got the following mental reply (quoted verbatim):

"Yes, you often talk to yourself in the second person, especially when trying to encourage yourself to complete a task or when telling yourself off for failing to meet your own standards"

So I guess that's a "yes". Which leads on to this:

You know you're an INFJ when you frequently engage in internal conversations.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I asked myself if I do this too, and got the following mental reply (quoted verbatim):

"Yes, you often talk to yourself in the second person, especially when trying to encourage yourself to complete a task or when telling yourself off for failing to meet your own standards"

So I guess that's a "yes". Which leads on to this:

You know you're an INFJ when you frequently engage in internal conversations.
    Haha, yes, all the time. I also talk to myself in second person, but usually use the "understood you" instead, such as, "(You) Get going on your work!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

It never occurred to me that people don't talk to themselves in the second person! Are there types who tend to think in "I" instead of "you"?

I relate to so many of the things I've read on thsi thread. It's nice to know that other people have the same sorts of eccentricities that you do.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, I think we do that as a way of distancing ourselves emotionally from the thing which may be bothering us. Sort of parenting ourselves. Using a "higher authority" to motivate ourselves.

I know that many people will use this technique to distance themselves from exposing their feelings out loud as well.

Instance:

"My wife died a couple of years ago. You know, YOU get kinda lonely when that happens." Meaning, "I have gotten lonely since my wife died." That's sometimes too scary of a thing to admit out loud.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Oh yeah, I used to give it a name when I was younger for each "voice".I have no idea why but I remember having that "military" voice since forever. Haha, I think I developed a strange fascination for crime, violence and the military at a young age for various reasons and it stayed in my mind.

"The "you" I use when I'm sad was a nice lady, now it's a "soft" voice, she had no face because there was light behind her. Kind of like when you look at people during the evening and they stand in the doorway.(ex: It's alright, you did what you could you know? You're did great, don't beat yourself up...)
    The you I use when I was required to do tasks was a "tougher version of myself", no face or picture there .(ex: Giving up? Have you no shame, after all the hard work...)
    The "you" who would "give me faith in a very forceful manner" was "The general/Director". A man with blond hair and green eyes who sat in a dark room with folded arms.(ex: Are you going to let him get away with that? Kick his ass now!)

Am I the only weirdo who gave the "you" different personalities?

Also, do you have the habit of seriously inventing movies inside your head? At times I'd honestly take time out to "dream" now I don't have as much time but it's still there.
    Boredom doesn't really exist in your world, you could be locked in a cell for two days and have the best time of your life.
    "You very much live in your head".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-